Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching the '99 race at Queensland Race way. 40 cars. First turn smash up. Lots of privateer teams back then. If these pay drivers could afford to build a team, I'm sure they would. So, I can't shun them for wanting to drive whether they are good or not(I'm still not a fan of Wall).

If we had more owners like Webb who know to take a back step and just run their business(no doubt that Quinn money is being put to use) and let the talented drivers concentrate on racing, there'd be less pay drivers.

The gap between fast and slow back then was immense as well. 40 cars qualified for the first round of 1999 at Eastern Creek and there were 15 cars more than 3 seconds off the pace, with 5 of them being more than 5 seconds down.

There are pros and cons to both. A massive grid definitely adds to the spectacle, but at the same time, despite the grid being much smaller now, there are more cars capable of winning than ever.

The gap between fast and slow back then was immense as well. 40 cars qualified for the first round of 1999 at Eastern Creek and there were 15 cars more than 3 seconds off the pace, with 5 of them being more than 5 seconds down.

There are pros and cons to both. A massive grid definitely adds to the spectacle, but at the same time, despite the grid being much smaller now, there are more cars capable of winning than ever.

True. I saw the gap at 1.7 and thought about that'd never be the case today.

Speaking of 1999, I have a soft spot for that season's endurance races, not just for the quality of the events, but also because that was the year of the David Parsons / David Parsons car. Because why not, right?

They should, at least, offer a trophy for the highest place Dunlop Series team.

Hopefully they do. Would provide a nice incentive for the teams. 👍
but also because that was the year of the David Parsons / David Parsons car. Because why not, right?

I forgot all about that car. Greatest driver combination, ever! :lol:

Last edited:
I just say let them in regardless. The REC system and everything associated with it ridiculously complicated and has in all honesty contributed to the series downfall.
You can at least give them credit for recognising a potential problem - one team dominating by controlling the grid - and trying to fix it, even if the fix hasn't worked all that well.

There's also the issue of having too many teams trying to grab potential sponsors' attention. The grid at its current capacity is having a hard enough time trying to grab sponsors, imagine what it would be like with just a few extra cars on the grid full time. As much as I would love larger grids for a full season, it's probably not too viable in the current economic climate.

How many teams have thought about or tried to run the Lightning McQueen livery? How many times was the Cars display shown at V8SC rounds?
Any teams tryToy Story? Weetbix? Marvel? Star Wars? Jurrasic Park? Are any of the teams thinking outside the box? Where's a Spider-Man livwry? What team would be game to woo Sony as a major sponsor?
Darryl Lea, Shell, Red Bull, SPTools, XBOX, Wurth and Repsol are like the only major brands in this series.

How many teams have thought about or tried to run the Lightning McQueen livery? How many times was the Cars display shown at V8SC rounds?
Any teams tryToy Story? Weetbix? Marvel? Star Wars? Jurrasic Park? Are any of the teams thinking outside the box? Where's a Spider-Man livwry? What team would be game to woo Sony as a major sponsor?
Darryl Lea, Shell, Red Bull, SPTools, XBOX, Wurth and Repsol are like the only major brands in this series.

You forgot Wilson Security...

I've not heard of Wilson Security outside of Australia. I probably didn't pay attention to them in the states if they are there.

History and stats for this weekends Perth Supersprint!

http://www.racing-reference.info/tracks/Barbagallo_Raceway

11174958_1572808436341310_6898063594158007803_n.jpg

11173356_1572808459674641_764303159086466011_n.jpg

Thanks for that, I almost forgot that Perth is on this weekend. :lol: Probably won't bother watching either of Saturday's races, two 25 lap sprint races? Boring.

Seen the GRM and LDR haulers out on the road, they are quite plain compared to haulers gone past, but the GRM cab actually looked pretty cool with #33 up the side of the cab,

If we can get some tyre wear problems like that race, it will be highly entertaining.

Yes, hopefully. 👍 Be nice too if there's a mixture of winners on the weekend, instead of just one or two guys dominating the three races.

Yeah it does, especially on the rear quarters. Still I really like it, a lot. Definitely going to stand out on the grid.
It's definitely one of the more 'vibrant' cars on the grid. I still prefer the old livery though, it really suited the FG X, unlike the FG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back