Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
reynolds-tander-e1432104828547.jpg

Reynolds sparring with his fake Tander. :lol:

From what I have seen the last few years that I have watched V8's is that there are a few drivers out there, Reynolds one of them, that get pushed around a lot.

He had pace at the enduros. Now the car is much better. He's definitely not an aggressive driver. Lowndes divebombed him at Taz. Even Pye had to get around him. I do think, if he can qualify top three next round, he'll win. The car is that good for him to push harder.

I don't think Reynolds wants the championship as much as he want the 1000, I think we are seeing a far more sedate Reynolds this year, more about trying to consolidate results then going for the win and trying to get the contract for next year,

Though after that exchange I highly doubt as long as Reynolds is on the grid at the mountain Tander wont win it,

Not that it's much of a surprise but confirmation (maybe?) on how Triple 8 will line up next year with Lowndes being moved into the third entry with a yet to be announced sponsor to make room for SVG.

Van Gisbergen to weigh up GT commitments for 2016.
Van Gisbergen will slip into one of Triple Eight’s Red Bull backed entries alongside Jamie Whincup next year with Craig Lowndes is placed in a third car, for which a sponsor has yet to be confirmed.

With the potential of the Camaro possibly making it here, I see Lowndes staying much longer at RBRA or moving to HRT.

I think we may see Lowndes retire from full time racing in the next 2 years,

I think he will retire from full time racing, and just do the endurance races. Over the last 12 months or so he's been saying he wants to do more racing overseas, like Spa 24 etc, at the age of 40 and the structure of the super car calendar he's running out of time to do those things at a competitive level

That's not stopping Jeff Gordon.

------------------------------

So a co-worker is currently at the wind tunnel in Japan (Nissan) and said that the Kelly brothers are there. More aero upgrades?

I doubt it, they are probably there begging for money

I doubt it, they are probably there begging for money
The road car, in the US at least, is getting new front/rear bodywork for 16MY. Not sure if AUS is changing as well, or if they would even change over the V8SC seeing as they may ditch the Altima altogether for '17.

They should ditch the Gold Coast (I imagine they will if and when Toowoomba is up and running) and instead run an Enduro at either Hampton Downs or Pukekohe Park. Or even Highlands.

Either Gold Coast or Sydney. I like them both but if an event had to go it should be one of those.

I think NZ deserves a second round!

I'd been fine with getting rid of Homebush to make way for another NZ round. With either Philip Island or Eastern Creek replacing it as the last round of the year.

The last race has to be big. having the final race "away" might not be preferred. So, I'd most likely scrap GC and put a NZ track in the enduro. 👍

Don't scrap any races unless it's for an event in Asia or America. Keep the Gold Coast as that's one of the best events of the year. Possibly expand the Enduro Cup to 5 races and include Highlands and/or Hampton Downs and scatter the races throughout the year. Make Bathurst the final round, it's more than deserving.

They should scrap the super test, why scrap street circuits? Get rid of that boring Ipswich circuit,

Plenty of massive gaps in the calender that could easily be filled by additional rounds.

I think the number of races they have at the moment is fine. The calender needs to streamlined down so that they're racing every second or third weekend. Enough of these ridiculous four and five week breaks in between rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back