Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Triple 8 will most likely get the 26th REC. And say Penske does take back their REC that they leased to Super Black and expand to two cars for 2016. Where's that leave Super Black then?

Last edited:
How? If they were monster trucks I could see a bit of a point or tractor pulls but Stadium trucks are more So-Cal type lifestyle than anything.
Maybe on dirt they are, but on Circuits using jumps they look more monster truck style.

either way it's good to watch.

Not when they are on Circuits with jumps.

...Yeah it is :lol:, you just explained So-Cal type pre-running. So-Cal, Nevada, Arizona. I've lived around that scene and had buddies go to school for welding just to get into SCORE or stadium trucks. No where near rednecks.

Stadium trucks are like the car/truck equivalent of Dirt Bikes

The maximum allowed amount of cars on a V8SC grid is 33, so there are still 7 REC available, though I cant understand why they do it thus way, I guess it makes them look like they're in charge,

Silly to freeze the grid now, for next year. I'd rather have a few new manufacturer acquire those REC's and wildcard a couple drivers for the enduros next year.

Oh, so HRT heard, "It might rain." In the forecast and decided to slap wets on and rub some beeds together in hopes of a wet track. I blame V8SC regulations more than anything.

About that 850hp. Isnt that close to NASCAR numbers? Just a thought.

Ahh, that's a serious detune. The Gen2 Supercars just need to maintain the Current chassis in keeping costs down.

That Altima. Aero is more efficient now. The wing is trimmed to produce less drag. I believe the Kelly Brothers have convinced even me, there is life left in them(I'd still prefer a GTA driver in Todd's and maybe Moffats seat). I too am wanting to see how far the engine mods get them.

Ahh, that's a serious detune. The Gen2 Supercars just need to maintain the Current chassis in keeping costs down.

That Altima. Aero is more efficient now. The wing is trimmed to produce less drag. I believe the Kelly Brothers have convinced even me, there is life left in them(I'd still prefer a GTA driver in Todd's and maybe Moffats seat). I too am wanting to see how far the engine mods get them.

Yeah Todd doesn't do much, nor have the same Jersey locks as Rick so...but in all seriousness I agree with you Caruso seems to be the one they really should focus on keeping and Rick he's hit or miss and that's not something a Manufacture unsure of how much money they need to invest wants. Yet Nissan seems to not care, which is sad considering the other Manufactures current and in the wings.

Yeah Todd doesn't do much, nor have the same Jersey locks as Rick so...but in all seriousness I agree with you Caruso seems to be the one they really should focus on keeping and Rick he's hit or miss and that's not something a Manufacture unsure of how much money they need to invest wants. Yet Nissan seems to not care, which is sad considering the other Manufactures current and in the wings.
Nissan gave them a large influx of cash this year, and moved mountains to get them engine upgrades. I wouldn't say that they don't care.

Nissan gave them a large influx of cash this year, and moved mountains to get them engine upgrades. I wouldn't say that they don't care.

You just quoted and said the same thing I just quoted. What you missed is that I say they don't care as in direction or how that money is adequately allocated and translated into a successful run at the sport (hence what drivers we think they should drop). That's how they seem to not care, they're unsure of how much money to truly put in to be a top team, but that isn't the issue it's setup and driver choice mainly that is hindering them.

I don't get that from what you said but ok.

I just talked about the influx of money...
"not something a Manufacture unsure of how much money they need to invest wants."

Each year they've been giving more and more money hence they're unsure of the influx and investment on this run. And that's not a good thing.

850hp sounds like it's unlikely to happen, how they'd get a small displacement engine pushing those power levels to survive the Bathurst 1000 is beyond me, especially with cost limitations in mind.

SVG: No bad blood lingering at Tekno.
With the vast majority of the field having taken on their soft tyres, Van Gisbergen was called back to pitlane just two laps later to correct the decision.

The angry driver spent the rest of the race at the back of the field not responding to radio messages from engineer Geoff Slater.

Van Gisbergen flew to England for McLaren GT duties the day after the event, leaving the team unable to complete a full debrief until late this week.

“I was pissed, it was a school boy error what we did there,” Van Gisbergen told Speedcafe.com.

“When you’re the only car that does one thing and everyone does the other you’re not going to be right.

“The hard part was that I couldn’t go through it with Steve (Hallam, team manager) and Geoff (until this week).

“It’s all good now, but we were all pretty angry afterwards. We just threw it away.”

Sounds like Shane will fit in at Red Bull beside Jamie, very nicely. We all saw at Bathurst last year how good Whincup is at not responding to his engineer's messages. :P :sly:

I think this time around, he's making a point, it's not his immaturity to blame for his poor finishes.

On a side note: I wonder who Lowndes is going to share a pit boom with. If Pye and Ambrose are possibly in 2 cars, that'll leave Lowndes with noone to partner with. I doubt Super Black or BJR are going to share with RBRA.

I think this time around, he's making a point, it's not his immaturity to blame for his poor finishes.

On a side note: I wonder who Lowndes is going to share a pit boom with. If Pye and Ambrose are possibly in 2 cars, that'll leave Lowndes with noone to partner with. I doubt Super Black or BJR are going to share with RBRA.
If Penske expands to 2 cars, they'll need to get their REC back from Super Black, leaving a spot in the PRA team open, or lease one from someone, like LDM, for instance.

It would still leave Lowndes further down pitlane unless there is a special request to shuffle Tekno down the other end. I cant see #888 sharing a boom with #55 either.

Warburton is heading to Asia this week, to secure a venue.

Last edited:
I didn't :( can you fill me in?

Sharky's already filled you in but here's the last couple of laps. You can hear how serious they are to him over the radio about conserving fuel and he still doesn't respond to their pleads until it's too late.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back