Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what exclusives Phelphs has for us tonight. Jason Bright and James Courtney are on the panel, and so will Rene Gracie and Jack Le Brocq, later in the show.

Holy mother of god, Phelps has delivered, not groundbreaking, but it's news. HRT will be running a throwback livery from the 90's at Townsville. Which one, who knows, Courtney didn't want to spill it. 1996? Or the livery that graced Brock's car when he first won for HRT?

Last edited:
Interesting how he(Phelps) has "news" then, asks what new news JC has. I did like Bright's response.

I guess we can pick one. Though, Lowndes already used the Marlboro livery
11017628_1541554172759882_1521098555_n.jpg

Was good to hear from Gracie and JLB. Hopefully there is more to come from DVS guests on the show.

One last thing I find, if the guest is on the right of screen, they get most of the attention.

Or the livery that graced Brock's car when he first won for HRT?

Either that or the '97 livery would be my first guesses. Though personally I'd love to see the '99 livery

Lowndes%20McConville%20Bath%2099.jpg

Last edited:
Wonder what exclusives Phelphs has for us tonight. Jason Bright and James Courtney are on the panel, and so will Rene Gracie and Jack Le Brocq, later in the show.

Holy mother of god, Phelps has delivered, not groundbreaking, but it's news. HRT will be running a throwback livery from the 90's at Townsville. Which one, who knows, Courtney didn't want to spill it. 1996? Or the livery that graced Brock's car when he first won for HRT?

Once again, the panel show how useless he is. I love it. I'm not much of an HRT fan or know the history but, an all red old school, livery might be the way.

an all red old school, livery might be the way.

The predominantly red livery HRT ran in 2000 would be sweet to see on the VF. Makes me wonder what they might do for Bathurst this year too?

The predominantly red livery HRT ran in 2000 would be sweet to see on the VF. Makes me wonder what they might do for Bathurst this year too?
The 2000 livery won't happen since it's not the 90's, but I'd love to see it sometime before the end of the year. For the Townsville livery, I personally want to see the '97 livery. And luckily enough, some enthusiastic soul has already done a render of it.
unnamed (33).jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

And luckily enough, some enthusiastic soul has already done a render of it.
unnamed-33-jpg.401463

Damn, that does look friggin great. Better than I thought to be honest. 👍 Also, if they do end up doing either the '94 or '97 liveries. Than the number "05" has to be on the car, somewhere*.

*Not as an racing number, it's retired, I know. But maybe on the B pillar or on the boot or something?

Last edited:
I'm a sucka for white wheels. I'd prefer this livery though. It's moreso the car itself. Awesome seeing it at SMP a few years ago.
hidmIHa.jpg

Interesting read

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/07/03/qa-betty-klimenko-on-erebus-evolution/

Just a snippet:
SPEEDCAFE: You talked earlier about making mistakes as a V8 team owner. Nissan has been vocal about feeling like they’ve been guinea pigs as the first ones in with a new marque under Car of the Future. You were equally first in with them. Do you also feel that way?

KLIMENKO: Yes, I do. When we came into Car of the Future, we were told that the Car of the Future would be here for 10 years before it was changed.

That’s why I invested the amount of money that I did, because I was assured that this was the future and it’s what V8s were going to look like for the next 10 years.

SPEEDCAFE: Do you regret in hindsight going with the Mercedes-AMG package? That was obviously a lot bigger investment and project than say staying with Ford?

KLIMENKO: That’s a good question. Where I made my mistakes was that I didn’t do my homework enough.

Every other team took for granted everything that was given to them as part of being a factory team, from the (road) cars that their drivers drove to all of the parts for the race cars.

You don’t think about it, it just happens year in, year out. If you have to put a price value on that and add it onto what I thought I was up for, I didn’t understand at the time how much that would impact me.

Do I regret going with HWA/AMG? I don’t, because at the time the people who I made the deals with were highly invested into the idea. They loved the idea.

But as with all businesses these people moved up the ladder, other people took their places and it wasn’t as easy to deal with these people.

But it did make me stronger and it made me bring the whole thing back to Australia.

I honestly believed at the beginning we could have done it better, or at least more efficiently, because we’re not sending engines across the world.

The Germans didn’t understand V8 racing and I still don’t think they do. I don’t think anyone outside of Australia really understands it.

It’s a category where there’s a second between first and last and there’s 20 odd cars fighting. It would be easy if everyone raced in clear air on different parts of the track, but we don’t.

It’s such a unique spectacle and it’s rare to be out of the pack. You’re all in their sucking each other’s air and you need to understand that when you’re building an engine.

This is why I believed in our engine team and that Ross knew what to do to get the engine moving forward.

We did that and we won at Winton (2014). I know there was some luck involved there, but even the win at Perth (2015), that was a well deserved and well fought win. There was no part of that which was luck.

On that weekend we got everything right and that’s what we need to do more often. But we’re only two and a half years old. We’re still in nappies.

I’m very proud of what we’ve done in two and a half years. There wasn’t five years of work behind closed doors before we took it to the track.

This retro paint seems to work really well. Especially with the number on the door. I wish the modern paint jobs had them... Also, I saw an article in the newspaper this morning and it said "HRT will run more liveries to celebrate the teams' 25th anniversary" So if that's the case then I would love to see the paint jobs

This retro paint seems to work really well. Especially with the number on the door. I wish the modern paint jobs had them... Also, I saw an article in the newspaper this morning and it said "HRT will run more liveries to celebrate the teams' 25th anniversary" So if that's the case then I would love to see the paint jobs
I think it was back at the Test Day they said they'd run multiple retro liveries throughout the year. Makes me wonder, what do they have in store for us at Bathurst.
---

Caruso to run a new GT Academy livery at Townsville.
nissan-caruso-e1436140262792.png

:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back