Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was one of the craziest scenes I've ever witnessed in V8 Supercars. Damn the cars looked good back then though!

The crazier scene came next when Ingall got a penalty and Skaife didn't, even though Skaife had knowingly and deliberately put himself in danger to provoke Ingall.

That was one of the craziest scenes I've ever witnessed in V8 Supercars. Damn the cars looked good back then though!

It's the 5-spoke white wheels. I wish they brought those back. I say bring back gold mesh wheels as well.

Speaking of Nissan, I wonder where Moffat would have finished had he not goofed the start and lost 6 spots.

In all honesty, I think the Kelly's are biting off more than they can chew with 4 cars. The team needs to scale back to 2 cars and let some other teams give the Nissan a go.

I don't think scaling down to 2 cars would help them but I would also like to see other teams running the Nissans or Volvos, until that happens the other brands still feel like they aren't a real part of the series. Even the Falcons are way outnumbered by the 12 Commodores.

I don't think scaling down to 2 cars would help them but I would also like to see other teams running the Nissans or Volvos, until that happens the other brands still feel like they aren't a real part of the series. Even the Falcons are way outnumbered by the 12 Commodores.
On the few articles that have been posted about Todd's outburst I've been surprised to see so many people supporting him and hardly anyone with negative comments. But one person mentioned that the Kelly's could be struggling because both of them being owner/drivers, they can't focus 100% on driving. I think it's too much on their plate and unfortunately for Todd he showed the world just how frustrating it could be.

I don't think they'll give up the ownership role anytime soon, and Rick won't leave driving duties at all. Todd might retire soon I think, especially if the frustrations keep adding up.

I can't blame him for the failures of the car. I'm certainly not an advocate for him as a driver but, he has proved me wrong since they got Nissan. He(and Rick) has shown speed and been ahead of the Hornets for the first time. However, He's had the worse luck out of the 4 cars. DNFs almost every round the first two years. His "WHY ME?" is true though. He's rarely DNF'd by his own hand. Actually he's been the cleanest driver in the Nissan camp.

I do agree. I wanted him to step aside in '13. I still think he should let an International(GT Academy) or local( GT Academy) driver in the #7.

Last edited:
http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...pected-to-catch-kl-city-grand-prix-live-on-tv
More than 1.2 billion people across 115 countries are expected to watch the KL City Grand Prix, to be telecast live from August 7 to August 9.

Race organiser, GT Global Race (M) Sdn Bhd president and CEO M. Arrasu described the championship, to be broadcast by ESPN and Fox Sports as an opportunity for Kuala Lumpur to be recognised around the world

I'd sure like to know the broadcast times. All I can see is netball, football, tennis and ice hockey for the weekend.

Nice find. I know Le Mans and Silverstone 6hr had nothing in the TV Guide until a few days out. I'm also going to check ESPN and all the Fox Sports channels just to be sure.

Eurosport as well.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/lowndes-to-turn-first-laps-in-kl
Qualifying will be staged on Saturday with a 20-minute session before the first challenge that afternoon. Two more challenges will be staged on Sunday.

Stay tuned to v8supercars.com.au for footage and updates from the KL City Grand Prix – including vision of Lowndes’ first laps on Friday.

I don't like that, "vision".

Keep in mind KL are 4hours behind us.

Hey, GT3 thread :P

As we've seen, it only takes one car to win. Still, Nissan are going to have to bring 2 cars next year. Would be cool if that PWC GT-R gets an invite. ;) *clears throat* back on topic. :D
Considering Reynolds is one of the top V8SC drivers and the B12 is now managed by V8SC, I'd say that's on topic. Plus, it's not the first time we've reported on a V8SC driver getting a drive in another discipline. ;)

But anywho, looking forward to the demo at KL. :)

On the few articles that have been posted about Todd's outburst I've been surprised to see so many people supporting him and hardly anyone with negative comments. But one person mentioned that the Kelly's could be struggling because both of them being owner/drivers, they can't focus 100% on driving. I think it's too much on their plate and unfortunately for Todd he showed the world just how frustrating it could be.

I don't think they'll give up the ownership role anytime soon, and Rick won't leave driving duties at all. Todd might retire soon I think, especially if the frustrations keep adding up.

Why are you surprised? It was great to see so much emotion from him, we hardly ever see that kind of frustration from the drivers. I would be surprised if anyone was upset by his outburst, and if anyone was they should be annoyed at the Broadcasters for not cutting away from the on board cameras. Todd had no idea anyone was listening to his "private moment".

Erebus unveils special Kuala Lumpur livery.
Erebus has lifted the covers off its fresh livery for the V8 Supercars exhibition runs at the KL City Grand Prix in Malaysia this weekend.

International renewable energy company Phono Solar will replace regular primary backer Solar Australia for the Kuala Lumpur street race event.

CLr-kVMUsAAZ6SO.jpg

Honestly, I think I like this better than their regular Solar Australia livery. The green works very well with the silver/black colour scheme imo.

The crazier scene came next when Ingall got a penalty and Skaife didn't, even though Skaife had knowingly and deliberately put himself in danger to provoke Ingall.

They both got in trouble for that weekend, not just Ingall. Ingall was more punished though because even though Skaife was on the track, steering towards him was utterly stupid. It made for great viewing though :D

It's the 5-spoke white wheels. I wish they brought those back. I say bring back gold mesh wheels as well.

I agree! Loved those 5-spoke wheels, makes them look more aggressive IMO

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/mostert-blitzes-in-kl

Nothing's changed
After 20 minutes on track, Mostert in the Pepsi Max Ford Falcon set the fastest time of a 1min36.102, with Lowndes’ best a 1min37.128 on the tight street circuit. Both completed 10 laps.

Scott McLaughlin’s Volvo was third quickest, with Erebus’ Will Davison and Nissan’s Todd Kelly completing the order.

How can V8s media be a leader, if they can't broadcast one of the biggest deals they've entered this weekend?
"V8 Supercars Media will bring all the action from the inaugural KL City Grand Prix in Malaysia.

Highlights of Craig Lowndes¹ first laps, practice, qualifying and three street challenges will be shown on v8supercars.com.au at times to be advised.

While there will be no live streaming or broadcast this weekend, make sure you follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get all the news and colour as it happens from Kuala Lumpur."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back