Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he leaves the door open, just a crack, at Homebush at Turn1, he doesn't want the Championship.

Think qualifying is going to say a lot about his mindset too. If he's anywhere around the mid-pack then he's playing it safe.

Honestly, I wouldn't blame him for driving conservatively - every Holden driver is going to be doing everything in their power to secure the title for Lowndes. And when you've got the likes of Tander and van Gisbergen out there gunning for you, you're a marked man. I doubt they would deliberately do anything stupid, but it wouldn't surprise me if Winterbottom finds himself in a position where he is forced to back out and lose positions or have an accident.

Honestly, I wouldn't blame him for driving conservatively - every Holden driver is going to be doing everything in their power to secure the title for Lowndes. And when you've got the likes of Tander and van Gisbergen out there gunning for you, you're a marked man. I doubt they would deliberately do anything stupid, but it wouldn't surprise me if Winterbottom finds himself in a position where he is forced to back out and lose positions or have an accident.
Winterbottom would need to have the Ford drivers in a similar mindset and fight back. Fords biggest weakness is that most of the time, the drivers are only out for themselves which gets them crushed by Holden who could be in Cahoots with each other (though I think it is more of a HRT thing and not Holden in general).

Winterbottom would need to have the Ford drivers in a similar mindset and fight back. Fords biggest weakness is that most of the time, the drivers are only out for themselves which gets them crushed by Holden who could be in Cahoots with each other (though I think it is more of a HRT thing and not Holden in general).

With PRA really not helping Reynolds, and a sub par driver in #6 and Penske DJR doing their own thing he's more or less doing it himself,

Fords biggest weakness is that most of the time, the drivers are only out for themselves which gets them crushed by Holden who could be in Cahoots with each other
And that's the way that it should be. If the title is between Lowndes and Winterbottom, then the racing should be between Lowndes and Winterbottom; they should win it or lose it on merit, not because one of them has more mates than the other.

And that's the way that it should be. If the title is between Lowndes and Winterbottom, then the racing should be between Lowndes and Winterbottom; they should win it or lose it on merit, not because one of them has more mates than the other.
Not sure if you got my thoughts...
V8 isn't Driver v Driver combat, it is the Battle of the Brands. If your Brand drivers are only looking out for themselves and not being Team players than you are going to get crushed and "screwed over" by Brands that look out for each other. All DTM Manufacturers do this every race and Super GT could be doing the same (I missed the 2015 Super GT season due to too many spoilers so I don't truly know) and no one bats an eye when they do it. (Although, I do think what SVG did would be a bit overboard if this is true.)

No Motorsport with Multiple Brands is all about the drivers and their skill, it is either fastest car wins or the brand that sticks together wins.

Last edited:
There's only one team of Fords(So to speak). DJRTP are going to make sure they finish on a high.

PRA are all over the shop. SBR are nowhere. Reynolds is done and doesn't owe Frosty or PRA anything.

The #6 might be down mid-pack or worse.

The Nissans will be helping noone. "The Future" is going for pole and a win in the S60. Oh, remember, Davison is best mates with Whincup. So, Frosty is going to have to get Pole. There is no other scenario. Either Whincup will have him off at Turn 1 or he seals his fate playing bumper cars with everyone else.

Phillip Island, he did the right thing. Got Pole and lead the race. He has to do that next weekend.

There's only one team of Fords(So to speak). DJRTP are going to make sure they finish on a high.

PRA are all over the shop. SBR are nowhere. Reynolds is done and doesn't owe Frosty or PRA anything.

The #6 might be down mid-pack or worse.

The Nissans will be helping noone. "The Future" is going for pole and a win in the S60. Oh, remember, Davison is best mates with Whincup. So, Frosty is going to have to get Pole. There is no other scenario. Either Whincup will have him off at Turn 1 or he seals his fate playing bumper cars with everyone else.
Isn't SBR, Erebus which is Mercedes. Why would Mercedes help Ford in the first place?

Don't know why they started using it. May still be an NZ team but, those are iconic letters in this sport. It's not like Super Back Racing is a tongue twister. :cheers:

Still don't get why they left Johnson out of the seat when they're looking for experience. Davison in all his nuttiness would have been a better choice at the start of the season than Walsh. Guess they forgot he was still top 10 with Stone Brothers(cuckoo but, top 10 anyways).

Anyone know more on this? Or just social media rubbish?
upload_2015-11-30_10-38-17.png

Geez. Blanchard? Hey, he has to eat too but, c'mon. I'd rather see someone like Priaulx or Pobst or anyone else. Someone from GTs or Indy. If some new young blood comes in, grab them from DVS like Waters and Pither. Especially for BJR. The car will be good for half the season. Someone fast needs to capitalise on that because, they will be down the order after KLCity.

On another note, Erebus fiddling around trying to find a direction with setup. I see LeBrocq getting that seat in the #4 come 2017.

"Ahem, Mr Zanardi. May we talk to your hand controls engineer." - Tim Edwards regarding Mostert trying to make the grid for Clipsal

LDM looking at an international driver. Not necessarily Heimgartner.

Last edited:
Geez. Blanchard? Hey, he has to eat too but, c'mon. I'd rather see someone like Priaulx or Pobst or anyone else. Someone from GTs or Indy. If some new young blood comes in, grab them from DVS like Waters and Pither. Especially for BJR. The car will be good for half the season. Someone fast needs to capitalise on that because, they will be down the order after KLCity.

Surely there is drivers from this season who will be without a seat next season. I know there is this REC thing so maybe it isn't as easy for drivers to switch teams as it is in others but Iooking on Wki at the 2016 season I see David Wall doesn't have a seat. I saw that much sportscar racing and GT racing on MotorsTV that the V8's sort of got lost in it all the excitement (and I will try to watch it all next year). But David Wall must be a better bet than Tim Blanchard who I know was always one of the back markers.

Surely there is drivers from this season who will be without a seat next season. I know there is this REC thing so maybe it isn't as easy for drivers to switch teams as it is in others but Iooking on Wki at the 2016 season I see David Wall doesn't have a seat. I saw that much sportscar racing and GT racing on MotorsTV that the V8's sort of got lost in it all the excitement (and I will try to watch it all next year). But David Wall must be a better bet than Tim Blanchard who I know was always one of the back markers.
That is because David Wall step down from full-time competition: http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/10/23/full-time-v8-stint-ends-for-david-wall/

That is because David Wall step down from full-time competition: http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/10/23/full-time-v8-stint-ends-for-david-wall/

I see. I have missed virtually a years worth of news because I am such a massive motorsport fan I have had loads of other stuff to see, so feel free to put me right on things. I suppose though a full season is out of the question, BJR could sign David for the Pirtek Enduro Cup.

Marcos Ambrose has retired I know. What about Jack Perkins? Was he any good this year?

Wall wasn't good at DJR either. Chaz out drove him. Pye had his measure as well. Blanchard is in the same class as David Besnard and Luke Youlden. 👎

Perkins did a fantastic job driving the #22. Even got a surfboard with Courtney at Surfers paradise. He'll be driving the #222 for Precart this weekend.

With Lucas Dumbrell saying they're looking for an international driver, does that open the door for someone like Premat to return (despite him being committed to life in Las Vegas)? I still think they'll end up with Heimgartner though. No way an international driver will come out here to race for LDM.

With Lucas Dumbrell saying they're looking for an international driver, does that open the door for someone like Premat to return (despite him being committed to life in Las Vegas)?
They were looking at Jeroen Bleekemolen last year.

I agree with @NW48 to an extent, though an international driver might not mean a professional driver, heck Vadim Kogay and Francesco Draccone are wealthy international drivers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back