Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They must do this to keep us going through the winter. Do they run a support race a the events, or is it just the V8's?

Originally posted by kart racer
They must do this to keep us going through the winter. Do they run a support race a the events, or is it just the V8's?

Do you mean. Are there Support races for the V8's? Or do you mean. Are the V8's support races form something else?

There are a few support races for the V8's. The Porsche Carerra Cup, The V8 Brutes. All those types of things. Really the only time they are considered at support race level is when the Champcars race at Surfers Paridise

The way the champcars are going, they might become the support race for the V8's. Is there a offical web site?

Originally posted by DRIFT4EVA
That's one good reason for a traffic jam. The motorway is always packed. Cars are always going at about walking pace it's just that When the time comes for the V8's You're better off riding a snail.

Thats why I caught the train in last year :D

Originally posted by Cobraboy
Not really, but I was one of two people in Ford shirts in a crowd full of Holden coons :D.

OUCH!!! That could hurt.I'm part of the Holden Brigade and I'm proud of it too.

Grrrr, if I wana see the nation's cup at clipsal on saturday I'm gonna have to leave around 7 or 8am!

the official site for champ cars is www.cart.com but I think that bshould change fairly soon because of the sale to OWRS.

BTW V8's also support the F1's.

I loved when someone last year at surfers(i think it was ingall) that "the champ cars are a great support catorgary"

Originally posted by DRIFT4EVA
OUCH!!! That could hurt.I'm part of the Holden Brigade and I'm proud of it too.
Don't mind most of the red flags, it's just the ones that treat it like a religion. Some of my best friends like holdens. And one drives a ford. No accounting for taste :rolleyes:

About the only shirt you can't wear these days has a gtr on it :)

I don't think that it's like a religeon. I just chose a side. Who ever does think that it is some sort of religeon obviosly is like a sheep. This person will always follow the other sheep.

In the practice today ford's got the 4 or 5 best times:banghead: With skafey right behind them.

DAMN! I won't be able to watch or tape the race this weekend. Damn you all!

Don't know if I'll get in trouble for this, but say your girlfriend supports Holden like a religion, DRIFT4EVA said:
I just chose a side. Who ever does think that it is some sort of religeon obviosly is like a sheep. This person will always follow the other sheep.

Would that make you a Welshman?:D

Originally posted by Party for GT4
Don't know if I'll get in trouble for this, but say your girlfriend supports Holden like a religion, DRIFT4EVA said:

Would that make you a Welshman?:D

Not relly. It would just make you a person with alot of time on your hands.

Yes the Pukekohe round has been moved. The best part about that is that we don't have to wait aslong for this next round as it's 6 months earlier.

I went to clipsal on saturday!
As son as I got there I heard the konica car's they were flying down the back straight! It was so loud too, I loved it!:D
I even saw the F1-11 jet fly over and it scared the **** out of me, because I didn't hear it coming then it just flew over us. I was close to 2 crashes but didn't see them.:( One of them was the one where steve ellery crashed, I heard it and me and my step bro ran over there and he was in the gravel pit!:lol: There were heap's of older guy's paying him out. I also saw the new holden elfin concept there, nice car!:)
OH and there was a donut king van there with a huge jet in the back of it.
I went into the procar paddock and saw the brute utes, the nation's cup cars(Only some of them!:mad:) I saw the aussie racing car's and I swear the TV make's them look bigger, they were so small, I also saw the GT proformance car's and there were 2 nice RX-7's in the paddock.
We ended up walking through the ford paddock and there was nothing in there!:lol: The holden paddock was packed and there was a clubsport with a kmart racing team paint job.

NICE!!! I'd love to be there but ohwell.

A summary of race 1:
With Greg Murphy on Pole Position and Jason Bright in 2nd we all knew that this was to be like at Albert Park a week ago. The drag down to the first turn. Murphy won that battle. Ambrose soon followed to pass Bright.

Not that much later #22 Todd Kelly went into a corner too hot ending up relying on the mommentum of the car to get him out of harms way. He hit the wall at high speed. There was Debris everywhere

The Safety car came out later for another stranded car. Steve Ellerys to be presise. Ambrose and Bright pitted but the leader Murphy didn't, which proved to cost him later in the race. The biggest story of that was Paul Morris and Warren Luff did both of their pitstops Back to Back (1 stop for tyres and 1 for fuel) in that safety car period. After everything settled down Morris and Luff were in 1st and 2nd. Unfortunately they wreen't able to maintain their positions after making a few mistakes.

There were endless problems with cars. Steve Johnson had a problem with a wheel nut in which the crew had to cut off to get the wheel off. Lowndes car eventually gave up the ghost. Garth Tanders car had a few troubles. For some reason the cars started to get body damage. i think the reason was that Spring that was in the middle of the track that did that. Bargwannas car also pretty much died. releasing Diff oil onto the track for Greg Murphy to spin on.

Despite the spin Murph was on a charge first he was 9th then from nowhere he found pace. In a matter of around 10 laps Murph got up to 4th.

I don't know what's going on in Skaifes car. Sure he finished in the top10 but still way down.

The top 5 are:
1. Ambrose
2. Richards
3. Ingall
4. Murphy
5. Weel (I think I can't remember)

I know that there is alot missing I will fix it up later. Right now I'm in a hurry. :)

I don't know what's going on in Skaifes car.
Nothing is going on in Skaife's car. The other teams have put in the hard work and the competition has lifted. With team ownership and being on the TEGA board, I think Skaife is feeling the pressure more than previous years.

He appoited Craig Kelly in some sort of management role so that he could just concentrate on driving this year, hasnt worked

Did anyone get any coverage of the 12hrs of Sebring down under? The Audi's kicked butt as expected. If anyone did, Iwould like to here what you thought of the race. Can't wait until the new V8 season is shown up here.

Don't think so. the only series from other contries I have seen down here are F1, BTCC(once), Nascar, IRL, Champcar and thw WRC, there could be more that I havn't seen.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back