Vanquish vs. Viper

• Thread starter Paddy
  • 190 comments
I was wondering are they a good match?
If driven identically on the test track, who would win?
I don't know if this has been asked before, but I can't find anything about it. Sorry, if it has been.
Thanks
Paddy.

Yep, this has been done beore. At least you looked for it.

Both are very nice. My choice would be the Viper.

I did run the PD Cup recently with the Vanquish and it was way too easy. So I have a lot of respect for it.

wtf are you on bout sominon??? :confused:

the previous test was viper vs. vantage v8... vantage won in all cept acceleration. vantage tho? dunno.

sum1 do a test :)

Alright. I'm going to base the Viper times off of the previous viper test I did. So here's the results

Dodge Viper GTS
Consistant 1.38's
Fastest 1'38. 215

Aston Martin V12 Vanquish
Constsant 1'35's
Fastest 1'34.335

0-400M

Dodge Viper GTS
with TCS/ASM
w/o TCS/ASM

with TCS/ASM
w/o TCS/ASM
Mid 13.187

Top Speed(No TCS/ASM, 8 laps each at test course)
Dodge Viper GTS
186.8mph
188 MPH (ran out of laps to fairly test it)

Once againt the viper is only victorious in the 400m sprint. I was very suprized by the vanquish, because the car didn't feel fast at all, and it was very neutral, it's one of those cars you wish you had a driving force wheel for, because whenever I brought it into a corner where I slid a bit and counter steered, whenever it regained grip in the front it would WHIP the other way way to fast to correct. The Vanquish overall beat the viper in the #'s. But I don't like the vanquish, it sounds awful in my opinion. It sounds like a Ferrari V12 on crack crossed with a rotaries exhaust ports. IT's just weird. I personally think PD should have made this car buyable, and the Vantage a prize car.

Conclusion: Vanquish beats the Viper 2/3

I agree with that, I'm pretty sure the Z06 is better around a track than both of them stock.

Ahhhh, you are crazy. A Civic??? What were you thinking??? :lol: Even though the NSX is a great car, in stock form, I don't think it can keep up with either the Viper or Vanquish.

ok here's the DB7 Shake down

Top speed 187.3+(once again, ran out of laps)

400M
TCS off 13.8
TCS on 13.5

Trial mountain
Consistant 1'37's
Fastest 1'36.500

Conclusion. This car may be faster, but i'd never drive it again. It handles SUPERBLY. Best handling Aston martin in the game, turns on a dime, easy to correct out of a drift or a skid, very very good car. Not much straight away power, but makes up for it big time in the corners. Sounds horrible, worse than the vanquish.

yeah the z06 beat em hands down, on my FIRST LAP i got a 1'36, with quite a few faults. I figured if someone else wants to do extensive Trial mountain tests on it go for it
But the other #'s for the z06 are

Top speed
178.5 (gaurenteed)

400M
TCS off 13.46
TCS on 12.996 (Thought a Z06 was a mid 12 sec car.)

If anyone else would like to try the TCS on 400M, I used the stock 5 TCS 0 ASM and a Manual Transmission, and did about 30 tests. But then again it was a 0 Mile Vette.

Well, I've read that in GT4 that is something they are going to try and correct. That is matching what the stock car would do in tests and on tracks.

For its low price, the Z06 is about the best sports car ever. Actually on the test course and not a specially prepped test track the times are probably about right for the vette. Theres also no way to launch it well in the game either. Drop the clutch right before the powerband and you could get alot better times.

ok, I hope you're talking about in comparison to the game here, cause the vette isn't cheap in real life. And if you're talking about the game, cost doesn't really matter seeing as how most of us can buy any car in the game a couple of times.

I agree with Sominon on that you cannot find a better car for the price of the Z06. I wish I had this one issue of Road & Track, they did a comparo of the Z06, NSX, and I think it was a 911. That would give a good time for the Z06 at Laguna Seca, and would give us something to compare times to see how accurately PD did on mapping what the car would run in real life and what it would do in the game.

Originally posted by Driftster
ok, I hope you're talking about in comparison to the game here, cause the vette isn't cheap in real life. And if you're talking about the game, cost doesn't really matter seeing as how most of us can buy any car in the game a couple of times.

Yeah in the game, the Vette is fairly cheap. But really almost any car is cheap. But even in real life the Vette is still significantly cheaper compared to any car that will equal or better it's performance.

Vash, i'd have to dissagree there man. You've completly left out the 03 SVT cobra. You've completly left out the 350Z, and same for the host of new cheaper cars out there.

But neither of those you mentioned equal the Vette's performance. Yes they both get great bang for the buck, but no car can equal what the Z06 can do for the price. It has been proven many times.

Latest Posts

Back