Version 1.1 available

• Thread starter dking
  • 29 comments
wanted to let people know version 1.1 is available in sony store for americas...I am dlin a copy now and report if there is FF.

Still no ffb

wanted to let people know version 1.1 is available in sony store for americas...I am dlin a copy now and report if there is FF.

Still no ffb

I saw this on another site, what is the diffrence between 1.1 & the original download?

I saw this on another site, what is the diffrence between 1.1 & the original download?

I haven't tried it yet (downloading now), but I heard it just fixes the leaderboard bugs that would end a lap early for some users, and would rank them higher up because they had a super fast lap that didn't really exist.

I'm downloading it now.
I found one change.
You have to use v1.1 to be on the leaderboard.
As you can see I'm (Racevw14) faster than the others but listed as number 5 because I was using 1.0.
DSC02666.jpg

I'll be back on top soon since my time was not part of the glitch.

Has Sony not heard of that thing called a "patch"?

This download-seven-hundred-megabytes-every-other-week thing is going to get really old, really fast.

This download-seven-hundred-megabytes-every-other-week thing is going to get really old, really fast.

What do you want for free?

Anyway here is the email Sony sent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
GRAN TURISMO HD CONCEPT
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our records indicate that you downloaded Gran Turismo HD Concept from
the PLAYSTATION(R)Store. Version 1.1 is now available for download,
which refines the gameplay experience in Time Trial mode and the accuracy
of lap times within the online rankings. Since online ranking results
recorded by version 1.1 players will be given priority, it is highly recommended
that you download and install it if you are playing the earlier version.
Please note that version 1.1 is compatible with existing game save data,
allowing you to race your previously unlocked cars.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and hope you enjoy
Gran Turismo HD Concept.

Sincerely,
The PlayStation Underground

----------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you want for free?

Oh, please.

For a free service, you think they'd be more interested in saving their bandwidth, hm? Wouldn't it be a bit better on their servers if everyone was downloading a 3MB file instead of a 650MB file?

That's got to be the most lopsided thing I've ever read... Are you implying I should PAY to get the ability to download small files? That's... I would say "rediculous", but even that doesn't seem to nail it.

Oh, please.

For a free service, you think they'd be more interested in saving their bandwidth, hm? Wouldn't it be a bit better on their servers if everyone was downloading a 3MB file instead of a 650MB file?

That's got to be the most lopsided thing I've ever read... Are you implying I should PAY to get the ability to download small files? That's... I would say "rediculous", but even that doesn't seem to nail it.

Oh for crying out loud, delete it off your hard drive if it's such a hardship on you.
Are you a game programer?
Do you have a clue to what the 1.1 version fixed or how to fix it?
It took me all of 30 min to download the update, it's no big deal.

If they decide to make upgrades like new cars or new tracks avalible but it will require a 650mb download are you going to complain about that too?

What I was saying is the game & the update was free so why should you whine about how you got it?

What I was saying is the game & the update was free so why should you whine about how you got it?

Xbox Live Silver does it with a small patch. And that is free, so your excuse is stupid and flawed.

I tried downloading this morning, but typically I got an error at ~35% twice.

And the 1.1 version fixed the leaderboards. That's it. I'm pretty sure that could've been done in a patch.

I guess instead of having everyone download the patch for version 1.0, they just decided to release a fixed demo so that people who didn't even have the first version, could download a flaw-free version without having to worry about a patch or anything like that. I konw it's not difficult do download a flawed version, and a patch, but it just makes everything cleaner. I could see on the other hand if sony had a glitched up GT5, and decided to re-release a fixed game into public that everyone would have to pay for, then i could see some real problems.

I guess instead of having everyone download the patch for version 1.0, they just decided to release a fixed demo so that people who didn't even have the first version, could download a flaw-free version without having to worry about a patch or anything like that. I konw it's not difficult do download a flawed version, and a patch, but it just makes everything cleaner.

On XBL/the 360, you download/buy the original thing, and if it recognizes a new update/patch from the moment you start the game, it'll download it in seconds. So there's absolutely no worrying about patches.

Duċk;2539875
Xbox Live Silver does it with a small patch. And that is free, so your excuse is stupid and flawed.

That was exactly my point. I get patches for my games, even the trial arcade games that I download, and I've yet to pay MS a penny for it.

And not all of us are on 5Mb connections, either. I'm on a piddly-slow DSL line here. Takes me a number of hours to download even a small demo. You folks are defending a bad decision, is all. Oh, I should be happy that it's free, I should just let it download while I'm at work or asleep, right? While that may be true, I shouldn't have to. Not for something like this.

Well the Playstation store is brand new, who knows what will hapen after it matures.
I'm on a DSL & it dosen't take me all that long to download the demo.

Well the Playstation store is brand new, who knows what will hapen after it matures.
I'm on a DSL & it dosen't take me all that long to download the demo.

Not everyone has extra fast DSL, many have speed/monthly limits. These people would rather not download the whole thing again everytime they tweak the demo when if a small patch was made (like you know near every PC game they dont make you get the whole product again) that would save them time and money, aswell as saving Sony money and bandwidth.

yea, re-downloading the game was kind of a pain but its good to know now that the time error is fixed.

now i hope that the next version is something more the lines of more cars or another track.

Uhh...they've done this ONCE. There's been ONE revision to GT: HD. WTF are you talking about? Jesus...

remember that this is only a FREE demo. some people here are acting like they paid for a full version of the game or something. imo, it's pretty good for a free demo with or without the newer version.

it's not a big deal without it now that i'm used to it of course but ffb would be nice,

I cant believe people are complaing about a re-download. and then comapring it to XBL. I'm happy they have any kind of download service. Took me all of 15mins to download. Also if it's not important to you don't download it. Whos to say every game demo or PS Store game will be like that. Yes it is free and its not a demo its a free game. Would you rather have nothing at all. I dont really care. Its one example and this may only apply to this game. Sony didn't make the software Polyphony did so you cant blame Sony 100%.

remember that this is only a FREE demo. some people here are acting like they paid for a full version of the game or something. imo, it's pretty good for a free demo with or without the newer version.

I cant believe people are complaing about a re-download. and then comapring it to XBL. I'm happy they have any kind of download service. Took me all of 15mins to download. Also if it's not important to you don't download it. Whos to say every game demo or PS Store game will be like that. Yes it is free and its not a demo its a free game. Would you rather have nothing at all. I dont really care. Its one example and this may only apply to this game.
I would rather have it done right. The downloading service is pretty crappy for me (and no, it's not my connection, the 360 and Wii can download perfectly fine), and having to download a several megabyte file instead of a 650MB file would certainly ease the pain.
Sony didn't make the software Polyphony did so you cant blame Sony 100%.

...And Polyphony is owned by Sony.

Duċk;2540274
...And Polyphony is owned by Sony.

Yet if Halo 3 were to have a 600MB downoad twice over, it would be fine, and it wouldn't be MS's fault, people would complain toward bungie (actually they'd likely not complain at all).

Uhh...they've done this ONCE. There's been ONE revision to GT: HD. WTF are you talking about? Jesus...

Twice, actually. There was a similar upgrade for the Japanese version, remember? Likewise requiring an entirely new download.

Do you think this is the last update that GTHD will get? Wait and see, there will be more. What happens a month from now when they release another update to fix nothing but a couple of worthless bugs? And again a month after that? And the month after that, when they add another car or two? How many times will you download the entire file again and again without complaining?

Actually, that's a rhetorical question for you... you'd download the whole thing every damn day and not think twice.

Just because you don't care about it doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't.

Can you name me a SINGLE benefit, to either the user or to Sony, for requiring a full download instead of a small patch, for every little update?

Duck I'm 100% sure everyone wants things done right. I'll take what I'm given. PD is owned by Sony but PD is a division that developes the game and the software not Sony Computer Entertainment Interactive. When PD joins SCEI then we can say its Sony's fault. I have no clue why they didnt' just do a patch but its no big deal or most people. in your case I can see why you'd complain with your troubled downloads. I havent had any problems since GTHD came out.

Twice, actually. There was a similar upgrade for the Japanese version, remember? Likewise requiring an entirely new download.

Do you think this is the last update that GTHD will get? Wait and see, there will be more. What happens a month from now when they release another update to fix nothing but a couple of worthless bugs? And again a month after that? And the month after that, when they add another car or two? How many times will you download the entire file again and again without complaining?

Actually, that's a rhetorical question for you... you'd download the whole thing every damn day and not think twice.

Just because you don't care about it doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't.

Can you name me a SINGLE benefit, to either the user or to Sony, for requiring a full download instead of a small patch, for every little update?

Are you serious? ROFL. Twice? You're saying that the version intended for the Japanese population should count for us in the US? lmfao. By far the most quotable thing you've ever said, I'll write it down.

As for everything else, it's seriously not a big issue. The file overwrites itself, and I'm sure that there is a reason for the large download size.

Though I'm sure you've never complained when you had to download a new version of MSN, or update your Windows to a new version, or install the latest photoshop.

Naturally though, you'll respond with some insulting tone and tell me I'm just being a fanboy, yada yada yada, and it'll annoy me.

Jesus...You're acting like you have been forced to download the damn file every freaking day. Just shut up! This is the first time SONY has had an update that needed done and they chose to do it this way. Whoopty-****ing-doo!

You seem to ***** about everything regarding SONY's actions.

*'s added manually

You seem to ***** about everything regarding SONY's actions.

Only when they do things that don't make much sense. I'll ***** about anyone in that situation.

On the flip side, it's amazing how many people get insanely angry when someone so much as mentions that "that other company" does something better than Sony.

Though I'm sure you've never complained when you had to download a new version of MSN, or update your Windows to a new version, or install the latest photoshop.

Even though I haven't used Windows in forever (so forgive me if I make any inaccurate statements), but whenever there was a bug fix for MSN/Photoshop, it was downloaded as a small patch. The only time you had to download the entire thing was when there was a major release (ie, MSN 7.5 to 8.0, Photoshop CS1 to CS2). Though, I think I've heard that the MSN 8.1 beta had to be fully installed, but I need someone else to clarify.

But even still, the point is that the competition does it better. Maybe if my downloads were perfect on the PSN, I wouldn't be complaining as much. But since I have to attempt to download 100MB trailers multiple times in order to get a connection that won't give me an error at some random percentage (when I can download anything of any size on XBL without trouble, while playing games to boot), I'm complaining, and I'm probably not going to download this sucker (even though I want to) because of this very factor.

Back