Video- AE86 drift GT 3

• Thread starter JDM_Sparky
  • 14 comments
Hey was bored so dug GT3 out the box and got a AE86 and started drifting.

Took me ages to do both laps half decent and this is what it looked like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzQRJOLXeMY

The car was fairly basic just semi race suspension, 2 way diff, stage one turbo and a few engine mods which made 276bhp

Didnt mess with any setting either apart from TCS ASM :)

Any tips??? the track is super special stage 11

I don't have any tips. I like the fact that it's just you and the car without any cheese-music! 👍

Yeah, only tips i would say would be instead of shooting the action, capture the replay because it shows more of what you are doing and better angles.

Much better. Now just zoom in on the screen so you can't see the sides of the tv. If you look at one of my vids all of mine are shot off the screen with a sony w-6 point and shoot camera that takes video also. I just turn all of the lights off anywhere close to me and turn the sound up and stick the cam on my tripod and go from there. You were getting some pretty good angles with that guy, you got a good bit of camber in the rear?

Much better. Now just zoom in on the screen so you can't see the sides of the tv. If you look at one of my vids all of mine are shot off the screen with a sony w-6 point and shoot camera that takes video also. I just turn all of the lights off anywhere close to me and turn the sound up and stick the cam on my tripod and go from there. You were getting some pretty good angles with that guy, you got a good bit of camber in the rear?

Camera and tripod??? lol i use my camera fone in my hand!!!

Cheers bud, Yea running neg camber all round (i really donyt know how to set it up for drift) all i do i stiffen up the front and the rear a bit more than the front, run neg camber all round and all the brake balance to the rear :dunce:

Got a new vid to post up so i will try those tips :)

Do you know how many times ive screwed up the exact same way on that last corner...haha. Its easy too because on the first one you are trying to hold it and get as much angle as you can then by the time you have to link back to set up for that one its like, oh S&#%@ and you just don't enter it right for a proper exit and well then you spin out trying to get more angle on that one because you had a sorry entrance. Your style and mine are allot the same. You feint into all your drifts as do i, looks better if nothing else. I don't like using the e-brake allot, only time i really use it is in AWD cars if i have too because they just want to understeer so you have to sometimes. But all of my drift cars are high hp and on sims. By high hp i mean at least 600 (gameshark). My alteeza is at 609 and its perfect. I can't believe thats from a cell phone either! I would never have guessed that, good quality from a cell. Save up and get a capture card. You have good skills so put them to use in a good quality video with different tracks and all. I got mine at compusa for 29 bucks. But i still havent got it fully working so till i get time i am capturing off the tv with my sony. I am a contractor and work a minimum of 60 hours a week. Went out this morning at 6a.m. and got back tonight at 8:30p.m. So when i get home im tired and my kids need my attention so i can't get much time to do anything but give them attention. Took me weeks just to get the time to edit my 2 videos. Anyways keep it up, i like your style. Would you like to try some of my settings? If so pm me and i will send you some for whatever car you want them for.

Do you know how many times ive screwed up the exact same way on that last corner...haha. Its easy too because on the first one you are trying to hold it and get as much angle as you can then by the time you have to link back to set up for that one its like, oh S&#%@ and you just don't enter it right for a proper exit and well then you spin out trying to get more angle on that one because you had a sorry entrance. Your style and mine are allot the same. You feint into all your drifts as do i, looks better if nothing else. I don't like using the e-brake allot, only time i really use it is in AWD cars if i have too because they just want to understeer so you have to sometimes. But all of my drift cars are high hp and on sims. By high hp i mean at least 600 (gameshark). My alteeza is at 609 and its perfect. I can't believe thats from a cell phone either! I would never have guessed that, good quality from a cell. Save up and get a capture card. You have good skills so put them to use in a good quality video with different tracks and all. I got mine at compusa for 29 bucks. But i still havent got it fully working so till i get time i am capturing off the tv with my sony. I am a contractor and work a minimum of 60 hours a week. Went out this morning at 6a.m. and got back tonight at 8:30p.m. So when i get home im tired and my kids need my attention so i can't get much time to do anything but give them attention. Took me weeks just to get the time to edit my 2 videos. Anyways keep it up, i like your style. Would you like to try some of my settings? If so pm me and i will send you some for whatever car you want them for.

Thanks for the kind words mate and yes I suppose it is pretty good quality for a phone :)
My AE86 is only 360'ish bhp but its the only car I have because like I said, I dug GT3 out of my old game box and didnt have any saves on the memory card so had to start again. Used to love drifting the Altezza race car!!! and also the Aston Martin Vanquish!!

I cant wait to get a PS3 and cant wait for GT HD!!!

You have PM break point ;)

THe other thing I might add is to use another color than white for the AE86. I'm getting tired of seeing pandas everywhere.

Back