[VIDEO CAMERA]Samsung XC210L

I was looking for a decent helmet when I came across this little gem:
115509.jpg

I really didn't want to spend a whole heap of dough, I just wanted something like the guys in the AMA have. I looked around and found a few other cameras. but none of them came with a helmet cam. Finally, I saw this one, read all of the specs, thought about it, then ordered it.

All of the things it can do:
Regular video camera
Digital camera
Voice recorder
MP3 player

The things it does best:
MP3 player
Video camera
Voice recorder

The camera already comes with enough storage, 1 GB internal, but you can buy an SD card than can do more. Upwards of 2GB...

Ill post some videos of it in action later on

Did I mention the size? Its F'ing tiny!

camera1.jpg

camera2.jpg

Update:
1-22-06

Moved the thread to the right place now that we have a review section

It is still going strong and works perfect

Hears what it can do, all filming was done with the external camera, not the "bigger" one:

Soo...

What are the pros and cons? How much did it cost? Is it worth it? How does it rank on the 1-to-10 scale? Could you get us exact specifics (dimensions, weight, etc)?

Soo...

What are the pros and cons? How much did it cost? Is it worth it? How does it rank on the 1-to-10 scale? Could you get us exact specifics (dimensions, weight, etc)?

:dunce:

Completely forgot about those:

Pros: Small, light weight, kinda fits in your pocket, can support display up to 720p on select TV's, standard video quality for PC is 10/10.

Price(including shipping):

$430 USD

It was well worth it. I now have a name for myself, or someone labeled as "the camera guy"

I mean, besides the screen being a little small, and the battery life a little poor (battery is the size or a cell phones)

Some specs:

Format: MPEG4(ASP)
Lens: F1.8-2.4
Lens Diameter: 18.6mm
Battery: 1hr. 10min.
Still Image Transfer: USB 2.0
Lens: F1.8-2.4
Power Consumption: LCD off 2.4W
LCD on 2.8W
Supplied Accessories: AC Adapter
Battery Pack
A/V Cable
Wrist Strap
Remote Control
Carrying Case
Mounting Band
Mounting Equipment
USB Cable
Earphone
Software CD
OS Compatibility: Win2000,XP MAC: OS 10-OS X
PC Connection: USB 2.0
Product Dimensions: 2.41"(W) x 3.68"(H) x 1.19"(D)
Product Weight: .33 Lbs.
Shipping Dimensions: 6.69"(W) x 7.91"(H) x 5.51"(D)
Shipping Weight: 2.87 Lbs.

Well, it says its MAC compatible, but its not, and I have a PC, and its not an issue

Overall, I give it a 93/100

it could have been a little better in some ways, like the battery life. If I keep the LCD shut and just listen to my music without ever opening it, it will list for about 4 hours. But if im using the LCD the whole time, about >1 hour

Back