Video Drifting Tutorials

• Thread starter panjandrum
  • 21 comments
I found it encouraging that even though I'm not into drifting in the same way as many of you, I am using many of the proper techniques.

Links are dead or don't work....that last part wasn't needed. I think most of us strive to use proper technique.

I found it encouraging that even though I'm not into drifting in the same way as many of you, I am using many of the proper techniques.

And how exactly are we into drifting, as opposed to your way. And what techniques are we using that aren't considered proper also.

Links are dead or don't work....that last part wasn't needed. I think most of us strive to use proper technique.

Links work fine here, just tested them again...

And how exactly are we into drifting, as opposed to your way. And what techniques are we using that aren't considered proper also.

Wow, you seem to have *completely* misread the tone of my post.

panjandrum, please just say what you meant. Your original post could be read a many number of ways. So just state, in a little greater detail, exactly what you meant.

It sounds to me like you took offense to my initial post. Is that the case?

The last part yeah.

I'm not into drifting in the same way as many of you, I am using many of the proper techniques.

The way I read that is, we don't use real/proper drift techniques like feint and power over. I took it like you were calling us noobs at drifting or something.

panjandrum, please just say what you meant. Your original post could be read a many number of ways. So just state, in a little greater detail, exactly what you meant.

Actually, it says exactly what I mean. If you are seeing something else then you are reading that into it. It is a very simple post with virtually no room for misunderstanding. The reason I asked again if someone had take offense was just to make sure it wasn't *me* misreading the responses. As it turns out I was correct, and Loon at least took offense.

The last part yeah.

The way I read that is, we don't use real/proper drift techniques like feint and power over. I took it like you were calling us noobs at drifting or something.

What? How did you come to that conclusion? Really, there is nothing in the post remotely offensive or derogatory. It turns out apparently the videos may be pretty old and/or well known, but that's a fact of life on the internet, it happens all the time. Sorry if you've all seen the videos. However, that isn't what you've taken offense to.

As I look it over, I can't even begin to imagine where you came up with the idea that I was saying you were "noobs". In fact, I suggested quite the opposite. I'll paraphrase to try and make it clearer: I'm not into drifting in the same way most of you in the drifting forum are, but despite my lack of experience / practice at drifting in GT4, I'm happy (encouraged) to find that I have instinctively been using many of the proper techniques when I *do* drift (which is mostly when I feel it is really the fastest way around a particular corner in a particular car).

But in the end (and I hope you take this as the friendly constructive criticism it is meant to be) you really do need to consider why you immediately took offense at this. I mean, did I watch those videos and then come here and post them and say "look all you losers are doing it wrong"? No, because it would a) be rude, and I really dislike it when people are rude for no reason, and b) it would also be wrong since I've watched a number of the drifting videos you folks have put up and many of them are quite impressive. No, I found a couple interesting drifting vids and put them up and basically said "hey, these are neat" and "I'm glad I'm doing some of this correctly."

I didn't care two cents about the links, it was the last bit that caught me off guard.

The way I read it was like you were trying to be snobbish, like you were better than us by saying you are using many of the proper techniques, and we were not.

If you said something like, "Although I'm not as deep into drifting as many of you are, I'm trying to use the proper drift techniques", then I probably wouldn't have even posted in this thread.

But I understand what you're saying now, no worries man.👍

Can I ask where you are from?

Actually, it says exactly what I mean. If you are seeing something else then you are reading that into it. It is a very simple post with virtually no room for misunderstanding. The reason I asked again if someone had take offense was just to make sure it wasn't *me* misreading the responses. As it turns out I was correct, and Loon at least took offense.

Actually, that could be as easily insulting as it is innocent. I'm not crucifying you for what you said. But the wording is the key. Your later summary of "I found these and they're cool. It's also nice that I'm doing this right" would've been better.

Anyway, no harm no foul. :)

Remember, you can't do the following techniques do to a lack of a Clutch:
Clutch Kick
Heel -Toe

Loon stop taking it so seriously - i read it as if he was saying that he isn't into drifting as much as alot of ppl on the drifting forum thats all - if anything he was saying he was the noob - chill out and don't flame ppl just for the hell of it.

Anyway nice vids - i need to practice the e-brake alot lol :lol:

ty 👍

shift locking isnt possible in gt4,
you have to shift down, and let the RPMS be in a range far from the speed they need to be
downshift to 2nd, engaging clutch at 1k rpms will cause a jolt and oversteer.

Loon stop taking it so seriously - i read it as if he was saying that he isn't into drifting as much as alot of ppl on the drifting forum thats all - if anything he was saying he was the noob - chill out and don't flame ppl just for the hell of it.

Anyway nice vids - i need to practice the e-brake alot lol :lol:

ty 👍

I read it differently, I was wrong in the way read it, I admit that. I didn't "flame" him for the pure hell of it.

Anyways it's not like I'm the only person here who read it the way I did, dking apparently made the same mistake I did, but no one took notice of that...

I read it differently, I was wrong in the way read it, I admit that. I didn't "flame" him for the pure hell of it.

Anyways it's not like I'm the only person here who read it the way I did, dking apparently made the same mistake I did, but no one took notice of that...
The last bit did seem sort of offensive IMO.

Maybe a change of wording would make it seem less offensive but it's cool panjandrum.

Nice vids though, cool find. 👍

CNG

I ran into these while browsing for Top Gear videos and found them interesting. The second video is the more advanced of the two. I found it encouraging that even though I'm not into drifting in the same way as many of you, I am using many of the proper techniques.

http://www.tuninglinx.com/videos/drifting-videos/47-how-to-drift-part1.wmv

http://www.tuninglinx.com/videos/drifting-videos/48-how-to-drift-part2.wmv
NO HOT LINKING!!!!

What you could of done is state those techniques so that you don't get into trouble like that. Because if you say "PROPER", people think differently, like Ebrake isn't one especially on GT4. For example ,I try to state that unbalance tires aren't proper but other people think it is.

READ THIS

unbalanced tires on drift cars(read, the rear) are useless because you will be changing them out in less than an hour anyway.

Back