VIDEO: My Tourist Trophy 'Trailer'

Discussion in 'TT Photo & Video Galleries' started by EphruM, May 5, 2006.

1. EphruM

EphruM

Well...I'm a huge fan of creating Halo2 montages... so I've been pretty into video editing over the last year. I got real tired with Halo2, but I'm still obsessed with editing, and I thought Tourist Trophy made a PERFECT game for a decent project... this is what I came up with... hope you enjoy...and feedback is always apreciated...

http://www.gamingvidz.com/vidz/hosted/TouristTrophyTrailer.wmv

It's a pretty short video, I'd like to make another one, with more/better editing, and lots more footage...but for a 'tester'... I think this came out pretty good...anyway, let me know what you think.

2. kekke2000

kekke2000 Premium

please do, this movie rocks!

3. Hoffmann

Hoffmann

Sweet job man, I really enjoyed that.

Will keep my eyes out for your future offerings :tup:

4. Tailslide

Tailslide

I thoroughly enjoyed the video, can't wait to see some more. Some clever use of slow-mo camera work in there too. :tup:

5. [empty space]

[empty space]

interesting. a couple of suggestions:

a - if this was a pd trailer, the gsxr boncing off the wall at sears point and jumping at trial mountain would be turn offs.

b - did you know you can go onboard in replays? the vid would be a bit cleaner without the timing/etc viewable.

c - its a shame the bikes wont power wheelie like that on their own.

6. EphruM

EphruM

I know what you mean about bouncing off the wall, and the jump... I didn't have a whole lot of footage to work with, and I actually liked the jump (gave the clip kind of an 'Isle of Mann' feel... I actually didn't know that you can go on-board in the replays... I know that you can go into the front/rear of the bike...like an onboard camera (instead of a helmet cam...like the FPS view...) but I'll have to check into that, I agree that it would have been cleaner without the HUD... And I agree, it is a shame that the bikes won't power wheelie out of turns when you get hard on the gas. Thanks for the critique. It's appreciated.

And thanks everyone else, I'll definatly have to spend more time capturing and editing, for another video.

7. [empty space]

[empty space]

to go onboard in a replay, press X which will take you to "bumper" cam then you can press r1 to cycle through the views. L1 changes the view from froward to rear view and back again :)

8. EphruM

EphruM

Awesome dude. Thank you. Is there any way to rewind replays? I haven't found one, and it's gotten to be a pain in the as... but I am still pretty new to this whole game.

9. 440cuda9sec

440cuda9sec

nope, no rewind, i suggest recording a complete relpay and just having to deal with the whole thing later and place clips where you want. So if you are experimenting with views, record complete replays in different views, sure you will have 4,5,6 etc. of the same thing, but it could work to your advantage if you show a certain angle for a length of the film and continue switching angles throughout the course of the vid.

-S. Speilberg