Video Update:Agent Dust Project - WRC Impreza'99

• Thread starter maggkrabar
  • 19 comments
Hi, here my new videos...
Agent Dust Project - WRC Impreza'99 on Grand Canyon dirt action. I used blue screen and picture in picture effects to show Impreza madness :)
The video is 640x480 XviD 500mbps ~8MB via putfile.com. I have 1000mbps version but don't know where to upload it.
enjoy:
Click here to watch Agent Dust

Second: Agent Dust on dirt Rally Licence. Parallel cameras. And again mad Impreza :dopey:
enjoy:
Click here to watch Agent Dust Dirt Rally Licence

I'm working on Agent Dust tarmac action now...

OLD
My own opinion about GT4 and Rally cars driving & drifting:
WRC fans here? I hope You'll like it.
I did not understand some people talking about bad GT4 rally physics, really. Some guys say that CM is better, GT4 rally drifting is bad. Huh... may be they're trying non-rally drifting techniques on rally cars(4WD rally cars I mean). By me GT4 rally cars physics is better than CM - just learn REAL rally techniques, try it and have fun. In GT4 You can do rally drifts(like REAL rally racers) on any race surface. Power slides, scandinavian lift, 90 degree snow&dirt drifts, brake-gas-brake-gas pumping technique... like Makkinen, Loeb, Vattanen... all You love in Rally races. Just try rally drift techniques - Drift Bible can't help You - it is for non-rally cars. On dirt & snow(and power slides on tarmac race tracks) You're outside Friction Circle - and You can steer only with weight transfer like when skiing - info searched&found on Rally race sites. All You need is fantastic GT4 physics and a lot of practice... it works fine.

Here's my first snow rally drift: on licences IA12.

Click here to watch ia12SnowRallyRealTechniques via PutFile
Click here to watch IA12 snow drifting video via Rapidshare

Note: I got time 0'55.696 using scandinavian lift, gas-understeer, gas-oversteer, gas-neutral and brake-gas pump - real dirt & snow rally techniques - to drift and roll car on turns. NO hand brake used :) I have replay saved with time 0'55.258 - best in The GT4 Licence Comparison & Discussion Thread!(the best now is Zoky - 0'55.349) but I don't want to post it - wall touched. Wall touching is very useful technique in real snow rally but there are OLR rules on GTP :)
I'm working on GT4 Rally drifting on race tracks - power slides :dopey: with brake-oversteer-brake technique. Will post video when I'm ready.
Enjoy... and say Your opinion about GT4 & Rally

-----------------------------------
OLD
Here my first video...

Licence: IA7. I got Gold using WRC cars driving techniques ... with RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87.
I'm using a computer demo car to chase saved Gold Ghosts... so look at ghosts :) Second time is better.

It is some kind of braking drift, but with "oversteer brake" to "cheat" the physics of AWD car(a lot of understeer) and get angle for power slides and faster cornering. I use the same technique while drifting WRC cars on asphalt or tarmac.

Enjoy.

Click here to watch GT4IA7PowerSlides

edit:

Click here to watch GT4IA7Goldinsidecamera

maggkrabar
Here my first video...

It is some kind of braking drift, but with "oversteer brake" to "cheat" the physics of AWD car(a lot of understeer) and get angle for power slides and faster cornering. I use the same technique while drifting WRC cars on asphalt or tarmac.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=GT4IA7PowerSlides

Isn't the Yellow Bird a rear engine, rear wheel drive car? Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought there was only one AWD RUF?

How do you turn on the computer ghost car so i can chase golds in all my liscenses as i only have a few?

Huhh, RR car You're right!
With that understeer physics and WRC behaviour I felt it like AWD car and used AWD technique... So stupid... but it works :)

The ghost cars on video are my golds - faster than computer gold. I'm using computer licence demo car to chase them - just load gold and start licence demo. If You're faster than computer gold it will chase Your gold ghost.

I got gold in this test by drifting the first, second-to-lsat, and last corners. I almost got gold in the S2000 test on Autumn Ring Mini by chaining one huge drift.

yeah tanks 👍
Video editing is fun but it takes a lot of time. I'll keep working...
I saw Your videos, they're amazing - hard job You did man! I have no patience for such a fineness...

Any more vids of drift being faster than grip?

I'd give you mine of a huge, togue-esque drift in an S2K license test, but I don't have a video capture card.

Back