Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the race was broadcast live to Sweden for the first time.

I wonder what the Swedes made of all that.

A great couple of races there, good amount if action. I'm sitting up
In the grandstand right by turn
1 and I reckon there were more over takes into that corner today than the last few years (since I've been sitting there) combined! Although, I would prefer the event to return to its previous format as the whole day is just so drawn out with big gaps between on-track sessions. Tomorrow is back to normal though and I'm looking forward to it!

Last edited:
vipbox is fine when you use adblock. If not, then it gets annoying.

Does any one have some experience with the V8 superview streaming service? I think 40 AUD is a fair price of a hole season, but it would be nice to know how well it works and what the quality is like when streaming to Europe.
Also are they using the commentators from 7, (those who are commentating on all the videos you can find on the official youtube channel)?

Does any one have some experience with the V8 superview streaming service? I think 40 AUD is a fair price of a hole season, but it would be nice to know how well it works and what the quality is like when streaming to Europe.
Also are they using the commentators from 7, (those who are commentating on all the videos you can find on the official youtube channel)?

It has it's moments that it can be a pain but overall it's pretty good. Granted I think the picture quality could be a tad better but I won't complain.

Well this race confirmed two things for me. Volvo will win races this year and McLaughlin is a future champion in this series.
Ritter is also pretty good.

Yeah for someone who only drives these things twice three times a year, Ritter's really good in fact. That's why I think it makes the most sense to pair someone with Greg's Bathurst experience with rookie like Dahlgren.

🤬 Yeah Scotty you legend. Spewing i missed the race but hey, atleast i saw the Melbourne Victory Hooligans go really quiet all of a sudden :D So hype for the 250km today. Gonna be awesome and then cant wait for the Grand Prix. Gonna have to get me a Volvo top...

Figured I'd catch up with the 2 races this evening; I'd watch them and then go to bed.

Then there was that last lap McLaughlin Whincup battle. Now it's half past midnight and I'm wide awake after cheering the Volvo on.

Also Tim Slade on SvanG amused me greatly.

Cracking racing all round 👍

I always love it when the international viewers get involved.

If only there is some way we could bring all of these series - V8 Supercars, the BTCC, DTM and any others - together for a week-long racing series. Qualify in the morning, race in the afternoon. Do it at Silverstone, and have one race on the national circuit and another race on the other short circuit.

Volvo need to make that their marketing slogan. :lol:
You might have to settle for "give it some jandal".

So proud to hear Volvo win and see some of the running after the race, great job by them and hope the Nissans I follow will win again this year. Both teams are great a bit sad Erebus aren't doing more.

Qualifying for race 3 to start in around 20 minutes. Hoping that Tander can put his car somewhere in the top ten for change.

And I'll leave this here.

Erebus will get there. Davison is quick and getting used to the car. He moved up a fair bit to be top 10 and 9th in the points thus far. Holdsworth was quick, just got touched by Courtney to get a flat tyre. I see Will getting a jump on Lee for first pole and win for Erebus. We'll know how the team go in a few minutes. Lee was running top 3 during qualifying yesterday. I'm patient.

I love the way the television director cut away from McLaughlin and Whincup when he thought Whincup had made the move so that they could get Lowndes crossing the line - but there, in the background, you can see McLaughlin slip down the inside and steal second back. It takes a lot to get Mark Skaife to Matt White-levels of excitement, but his reaction at McLaughlin pulling through is great.

I hope so @05XR8 I like all things Mercedes in general and you're a good guy so hopefully your team wins soon:cheers:.

I'd love to see Nissan or Volvo win a championship.

As for that last lap, that was epic, I was nearly as excited as that last few laps of the Daytona 500 last weekend. This year is showing me some epic racing already and I look forward to it. That was some real racing right there and better than what I saw from TUDOR.

EDIT

Can someone give me a viewing for Race 3 please?

I hope so @05XR8 I like all things Mercedes in general and you're a good guy so hopefully your team wins soon:cheers:.

I'd love to see Nissan or Volvo win a championship.

As for that last lap, that was epic, I was nearly as excited as that last few laps of the Daytona 500 last weekend. This year is showing me some epic racing already and I look forward to it. That was some real racing right there and better than what I saw from TUDOR.

EDIT

Can someone give me a viewing for Race 3 please?

http://www.vipboxus.co/motorsports/211143/2/v8-supercars-clipsal-500--race-3-live-stream-online.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back