Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now they just need a decent major sponsor. Hopefully not Tap Out (why would you name an energy drink after a term that means "give up"?).

Yeah, their Primax brand would work well. But I live in the middle of Sydney, and I have never seen Petronas available. I don't know if they're even in the country. Maybe some other technical partner would work as a major sponsor.

Watching prime-time television, I have seen a lot of tourism campaigns running. Maybe they could get the Visit California campaign on-board, particularly if they are going to America for two rounds next year. Since we go around the country, and all of the states have at least one round, they could go state by state.

Interesting to see Erebus Utes and DVS teams with bare sponsorship as wel.

I dont know what major players are in Queensland to become potential sponsors.

Why does it have to be someone from Queensland? Tekno are from Queensland, but their major sponsor is owned by a New Zealander. Erebus would be mad to limit themselves to Queensland-based sponsors.

"Potential sponsors". I just don't know of any Queensland based. Where is Erebus looking? Who are they waiting for? Which current sponsors on their cars are thinking about investing in that open space? Why not do liveries like their GT cars until EMV8 sign a major sponsor?

SBR are Kiwi. Is Ross Stone helping with sponsorship? How would the E63s look in Pirtek colours :yuck:

I just looked up Petronas in Australia. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/29/business/worldbusiness/29iht-gasside.1.13304172.html?_r=0

There is a Petronas in Queensland but, I'm not researching all that stuff at this time of night.

Sponsors won't just look at current form - they will look at historical results as well. The team had some good results at Symonds Plains, and obviously a win this weekend. In order to secure a long-term deal, the team will need to convince sponsors that they will continue on their current form, and that the sponsor will be getting exposure.

I know it's only 4 race meetings in(including the AGP). But I think GRM should have just retained Premat. At this point last year he had shown signs that he could run good. Dahlgren has been no where!! Just saying it seems like at this point that he can't cut the mustard. Can't help that issues they have had with the car but Scotty has still been strong.

Just my worthless two cent lol

I know it's only 4 race meetings in(including the AGP). But I think GRM should have just retained Premat. At this point last year he had shown signs that he could run good. Dahlgren has been no where!! Just saying it seems like at this point that he can't cut the mustard. Can't help that issues they have had with the car but Scotty has still been strong.

I agree. I felt the same in race 7. Last year Premat was delivering on speed. This would have been his 3rd year knowing the circuits. No doubt he would be one or two spots below Scott each race GRM finished.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/04/06/maiden-win-means-respect-betty-klimenko/

The result comes less than two years after Mercedes-Benz Australia moved to block the property tycoon’s push to bring the brand into V8 Supercars as a customer of its German performance arm AMG.With MBA’s reservations eventually cast aside at the behest of the Germans, Klimenko’s team started its campaign with an AMG developed package last season before taking its entire technical program in-house for 2014

“You’ve got to distinguish between AMG, HWA (the racing department of AMG) and all those different brands,” she added.“I can’t say enough about HWA and AMG. From Germany, it’s not their call weather they (MBA) support us or not, and they (HWA/AMG) have been amazing.“They’ve tried their hardest. We’ve had our ups and downs, like any partnership, but I think all I will say is that we’ve proven that Australians know V8s.”Klimenko was quick to cut-off any suggestion that proving itself as a race winning force could one day draw support from MBA.“I don’t need to (be a factory team),” she said.“It’s not on my agenda. It’s not part of what I do.

That being said, I'd like to see the blue changed to white, silver or chrome. At least to match the racing suits and team gear.

If it helps, he wasn't guaranteed the win - he retired on lap nine. And Holdsworth still had to get by Coulthard in order to take the lead, and if the race went on another two or three laps, Winterbottom would have gotten him.

Premat was much the same in his first year. He will improve over time.
I don't think Dahlgren was a good choice but if Volvo wanted him...

Also, YAY FOR EREBUS!!

If it helps, he wasn't guaranteed the win - he retired on lap nine. And Holdsworth still had to get by Coulthard in order to take the lead, and if the race went on another two or three laps, Winterbottom would have gotten him.

Yeah well then that makes it better, still feel bad that the engine went out on McLaughlin's car...again.

Remember, Will Davison was down the order and finished 8th. Cheeseburger struggled with rear grip. Reynolds couldnt catch Holdsworth from 3rd. With 10 laps to go, Holdsworth managed his tyres enough to close on Coulthard. RBRA made no gains and NISSAN had Moffat best in 6th. If you want to finish first. First you must finish. Can't take that away from Erebus. They were at the back all last year.

but there was a problem with the alternator in the second.

That was the same problem they had in race 3 at Adelaide wasn't it? Seem to remember McLaughlin suffering from alternator problems towards the end of that race.

Scotty on pole followed by SvG, FC and Frosty and Whincup in 13th :) Lowndes in 5th, and Erebus way, way down.

Pole for McLaughlin. 👍

Courtney had a good run through the field yesterday, fingers crossed he can take advantage of his 6th place start today and snag a podium. Going to be hard to get past the front four though.

Pole for McLaughlin. 👍

Courtney had a good run through the field yesterday, fingers crossed he can take advantage of his 6th place start today and snag a podium. Going to be hard to get past the front four though.
Anything can happen. Looooong race today. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back