Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a shame for McLaughlin. This weekend had the potential to be really great one, did he run over a black cat on the way to the track or something?

I didn't expect Courtneys performance today. Better him than Whincup. Moffat with the fastest lap. I was scared of Percat and Pye coming good this year. Quicker than I thought. Erebus won't be seeing top tens with those two taking away points.

Dick Johnson: "Those shorter races are incredibly boring"

Yes they are Dick, yes they are. Good to see someone in the sport sees it.

Edit: Great job by Pye, dumb move by Moffat. You can't pass around the outside there, so why not brake early and go for the cutback? Stupid.

Last edited:
Aww, that's a shame for Moffat. Can't blame the guy for having a go though, even if he was trying to go around the outside. :lol:

Awesome race from Courtney, great strategy by the team. Nice top ten result for Percat too.

Yeah. Just goes to show they DO have the speed to lead races, they don't have the drivers to do it.

I wouldn't say that necessarily, I mean the Kelly brothers yes but Moffat and Caruso aren't bad I just think they need to grow more of a back bone.

Great to see HRT being much more competive this year, being able to challange RBRA and FPR for race wins. Who knows, might be championship contender later in the year

Just a thought, anyone know why Betty Klimenko was wearing a Coca-Cola hat on the weekend? Maybe I'm reading too much into it but potential sponsor for Erebus?

I did not get to see the action of the weekend. I was too busy going to the race @ Pocono!! Cup racing is pretty damn cool!! Here's some of my pics!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Got to sign the track. Not the Nurburgring but cool none the less
image.jpg

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/volvo-considers-adding-cars-in-2015
Interesting story. If Garry were to invest in young talent, it would be hard to go past someone like Ash Walsh. Jack Perkins would be a good pick aswell seing as him and Scott alresdy have a good relationship and if given a good car, Jack has the ability to get top 10's/5's
I'm not sure jack seems to be so so. I really really want him to make it but can't help but feel he's ruining his chances.

Can't be easy having to follow one of the greats

And hopefully that means they will do away with the gimmicky formats for the event. The last few years' support events haven't been too bad but I'd still rather they just stick to the regular format (well, preferably, one 200km race on Saturday as opposed to two 100km sprints).

Hopefully, imo it should of been since day 1.
Bernie and the organisers were concerned - perhaps not unjustifiably so - that people would be attending a round of the Australian Touring Car/V8 Supercars Championship, and that the Grand Prix would be seen as a support race. As the Grand Prix became more and more established, this became less of a problem, but it was further complicated by the way different commercial networks were holding the rights to the V8 Supercars and the Grand Prix (Channel 9 held it at one point; well do I remember Eddie McGuire and Darryl Eastlake "comnentating" ...) at the same time, and with V8 Supercars being an established national sporting series, the network holding the rights to the V8 Supercars didn't like the idea of a rival network getting a freebie at their expense. They couldn't stop the V8s from racing at Albert Park, but they could work it so that the event had no implications for the championship.

And hopefully that means they will do away with the gimmicky formats for the event. The last few years' support events haven't been too bad but I'd still rather they just stick to the regular format (well, preferably, one 200km race on Saturday as opposed to two 100km sprints).
Warburton's smartest move was to get rid of the gimmicks and the multiple event formats, which has thus far proven pretty popular (even if the sprints are short and boring).

The F1 Definetely has more Prestige on that event and with Ricciardo doing so well I don't think they would have to worry about that for awhile.

Its likely to do with the New Shared TV Deal with Channel 10(who host F1) and Fox Sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back