Visa Vegas eRace Pits Real and Sim Racers Head-to-Head This Saturday

Good that they went with fixed setup and limited practice. I emailed them actually for them to make it fixed setup for the final couple qualifying rounds and warned them that they should do it for the main race or the actual FE drivers won't stand a chance.

Seems to be showing in practice sessions with a few FE drivers doing competitive times. Would have been good if they made it available for people at home to be able to try it out also.

So is this any particular video game sim racing? Eg. IRacing or is this just a Formula E Simulator that they use for practice?

Really impressive from Felix Rosenqvist so far, he is embarrassing some of those who have been doing this kind of thing every day of their life for the last 20 years. Hopefully he takes the money, it looks good on the sim racing technology if he can win too.

Some of the pro guys don't look like they're taking this entirely seriously.

Also, god those visuals are awful.

Pretty cool though overall!

Some of the pro guys don't look like they're taking this entirely seriously.

Also, god those visuals are awful.

Pretty cool though overall!

rFactor wasn't exactly all-world in terms of graphical capabilities, though.

I don't know why the leaders stayed out so long on worn tyres.
They effectively gave the race away.

It was good to watch though.

EDIT: So they didn't give the race away, it was a fan boost glitch. :lol:

Last edited:
Well. That was interesting.
Interesting is quite the euphemism.
Going by what my Twitter feed looks like, it only got worse (I'm kidding, it's still happening) as time progressed. Definitely not a beautiful sight for anybody interested in Formula E, sim-racing or e-sports (granted, given how big that group is, they probably mostly don't give a damn) in my humble opinion ...

I don't think i like this eSport intrusion info a game and hobby...
It's already hard to play a friendly trackday/race with all those immature trolls who like to ram other cars while online...
Adding competition made by WAAC professionals will fill online races with these kind of guys (They have to practice Too) and will put slow car enthusiasts like me to the offline territory again...

I don't like this mess at all...
Hobbies should remain hobbies...
To those who concern I have experience about miniature wargaming... With the introduction of wargaming tournaments more and more WAAC players and WAAC gaming affected the wargaming club scene and i found it harder and harder to find a friendly match.... Now i play with just few selected friends from a selected club...

@ribloGT There will be more than just that top grid full of good drivers. iRacing, as much as I dislike it, has done it wonderfully and you will be put into a competition with the people that should be somewhere around your skill level. More players = better, closer competition. Just because there are professionals doesn't mean everybody has to compete with them. However, including professionals in the grid does make it more interesting for bystanders, resulting in more people playing the game, which then results in what I've just described a few paragraphs prior.

Thrills, chills, controversy. Awesome for the sport.
It depends. There is drama that can make the whole competition more exciting ... and then there are apparent flaws that just paint the whole thing in a bad light. The visuals, the technical issues, the overall packaging: I doubt these things, as they were presented to us yesterday evening, have done the genre any good. Sure, there can be controversies that do make it all a bit more exciting (as much as I hate to say it, but F1 with its team internal fights is a more positive example), but in this event, none of them were present. I think the rather emotionless podium is a great indicator of that. (yes, there are people that prefer not to show their emotions, but if the air over there was just that little bit thicker, you could've cut it with a knife.

Well, I know rfactor must be the best sim but it's so ugly!! It's not just average...
Nonsense to use this game if they want people to watch it.
With the proper mods, RF2 can look like the prettiest game out there. However, for the sake of fairness and equality, I'm sure they had to keep every rig equal to one another and hence you have a sub par looking sim.

Well, I know rfactor must be the best sim but it's so ugly!! It's not just average...
Nonsense to use this game if they want people to watch it.

Best sim? Sorry but all that I've watched was a horrible sim... All the racers used the walls to make some corners. In real life the car would be smashed if they touched the walls like they did in this competition.

Best sim? Sorry but all that I've watched was a horrible sim... All the racers used the walls to make some corners. In real life the car would be smashed if they touched the walls like they did in this competition.
I'm not even a sim racer, just a pad player^^ games like GT or Forza. Not a member of the elite. The graphics alone are enough for a big NO for me.

Latest Posts

Back