Vision Gran Turismo discussion- M-B AMG Vision unveiled

• Thread starter Panoz
  • 246 comments
mclaren-p1-xl.jpg

ct_laferrari_hp_02_side.jpg

lamborghini-veneno-2013-geneva-motor-show_100420931_l.jpg

Rims aside, i dont think that Merc looks more bat:censored: insane than this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The car looks absolutely beautiful and a perfect blend of modern styling and an homage to their rich racing/automotive history. That front view is just awesome IMHO. Can't wait for the rest of these now!👍 In real life you could slap a $1Million price tag on this car and you wouldn't be able to keep up with demand:cool:. I know they are free but I would have paid for this, especially if they get the sound right. :cheers:

Or SLR. LaFerrari/P1/Veneno... all look like crazy futuristic space ships. Its no suprise that this car falls from the same tree and I expect the next SLS/ SLR to feature a similar grill f.e. Don't get the hate for this car, looks better to me than a P1 tbh.
Instead I think LaFerrari and P1 still looks like cars. They looks like top end GT cars with a complex aerodynamic design but they still looks "real".

I agree Veneno is an ugly batmobile/spaceship/startrek/nonsense/lolwut kind of thing. This Mercedes is just a smoother spaceship. Rims and front grill are the ugliest parts.

The rims kinda throw me off, hopefully we'll be able to change them. Here's a couple of pics:

mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-003-1.jpg

mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-001-1.jpg

mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-000-1.jpg

Last edited:
Just amazing, love the fact that there is no restrictions because it's an concept car for GT6. If they can make something near this concept for their next production supercar, then it would be a prettier than the SLS itself(which is pretty nice), that is nearing it's end.

I think it looks great but i also think if you took the mercedes badge of it there is nothing distinguishble about that would give you a clue its a merc

I disagree, and this isn't a road car designed for brand recognition anyway. It's an expression of a supercar with no real world bounds for a video game.

So in other words, who cares! It's gorgeous and the good thing is it DOES have a Merc badge and face.

Pretty sure Mercedes cares a lot about this.

I think it looks great but i also think if you took the mercedes badge of it there is nothing distinguishble about that would give you a clue its a merc

from here: http://socialpublish.mercedes-benz....-mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-67614/

Another eye-catching feature is the radiator grille – a reinterpretation of the wide Mercedes-Benz sports car grille with central star. Its shape is reminiscent of the legendary 300 SL racing car of 1952. However, instead of classic louvres the grille of the show car features exclusively LEDs. The variable LED grille with different light patterns is a further development of the diamond grille introduced with the new A-Class.

Last edited:
I honestly kinda like those crazy rims, even if the tyre profile is almost nonexistent. Adding streamliner-esque wheel covers would compliment the retro aspects though.

And I'm glad they went with a retractable rear wing that doesn't look much like the fixed wing one in their previous teaser shot. Looks marginally better without it:

VisionMerc_zpsf678e4ec.png

The overall design though, wow...

Body lines look alright, but what's the performance like ?, does PD's new physics engine recreate the hella-flush ride quality that'll result from tires like that with little to no profile on profusely large wheels ?, will it have hybrid-stuff or, as someone above put it, and engine that sounds like "God clearing his throat" ?

Looks are only half the package IMO.

Last edited:
Just wanted to bounce on your previous statement:

... this isn't a road car designed for brand recognition anyway.

Mercedes are well aware they’re not the only player in this GT Vision playground, so brand recognition must have been on their priorities. Hopefully many will agree they succeeded indeed.:cheers:

I noticed in the Facebook post by MB, it says "See this new concept at the L.A. Show [next week] and drive it in the game shortly thereafter."

How short are we talking? A week? A month?

Sorry but, the Benz is sexy. I like the rims. I lile everything about the exterior. If noone can tell its a Mercedes without the badge, it can be the same about every mercedes after that W125 Streamliner.

Last edited:
Back