"Vision Gran Turismo" Preview (GT5?)

• Thread starter The359
  • 87 comments
United States
Macungie, PA
The359
To go along with the launch of the brand new PlayStation 3 at the E3 Gaming Show tomorrow, Sony has unveiled a trailer for VISION GRAN TURISMO.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be much, especially since it appears as though they just put GT4 on a PS3 and then tweaked it to allow nearly 20 cars on track at the same time, with over 6 cars seen doing rallying at the same time. The crowd is also more in-depth, in that they actually apparently move and walk around instead of just standing there cheering you on. Pit crews are also more in-depth, with more men over the wall doing more actions.

No word at all about release, gameplay, or anything else...

But it is confirmed. There is more Gran Turismo on the way... 👍

Enjoy!

Well this did USED to be the "Gran Turismo Future" forum, but there is no more "Future" forum, so I figure this is the best place until the re-instate it again.

I pmed jordan about it. Hopefully it will be front homepage news? It's worth it. 15 cars on the track is insane.

Interesting... Both GT300 and GT500 cars at the same time... perhaps there will be 2 separate classifications in one race? Sadly I see a few doubles (ie the Imprezas and MR-2s), but hey, looks promising.

Lots of cars on the track: Great

Lots of cars on the track with the same old AI we have to put up with now: Why bother?

Let's see if they use the PS/3's fantastic computing power to give us competitors who actually acknowledge our existence.

You have to remember, this trailer is actually just a TWEAKED GT4. That means that the things seen in it wont necessarily look like that for "Vision GT". It also doesn't mean that it can't be completely changed for "Vision GT".

This trailer shows off the possible performance capabilities for "Vision Gran Turismo" when done on the PlayStation 3 and what will be the most obvious expansions of the GT franchise: noteably, the ability to handle so many cars on track and the surrounding enviroment.

Yeah guys this is not even the tip of the iceberg here. It will get better. Don't forget the PS3 just got unveiled and GT4 has been out for not even half a year.

If you read the impressions in the gamespot page you'll see that they are planning to add a damage model to the game ( not confirmed yet!!! ) and I suggest to take a look at the complete press conference to get the idea of how powerful the PS3 is compared to the X-Box 360 and the PS2.

I've watched the gameplay video and at first I thought it looks nearly the same as GT4 but when I saw the pit lane, that was well forgotten. Great detail.

Also lots of cars on the track is a plus point for me and I hope that the AI is improved.

Hurry up PD and finish it. :D

By the way, if anyone recognizes the song in the video, an artist and title would be greatly appreciated.

G.T
Great detail. Also lots of cars on the track is a plus point for me and I hope that the AI is improved:D

Yes looks great 👍. And yes all those cars on track with the AI of GT4 would bring a new meaning to the phrase "Bumpercar" . Heres hoping. Fingers crossed for a fully sused out Online experience as well.

Steve

Nice jeep commercial ;)

Looks freakin' great!! the pitstop's gotta be my favorite, looks soo real!

I just love the guys at Polyphony Digital, who programmed and designed this 'game'!

It looks terrible graphically. Like GT4 with more cars and better looking people. I hope they are gonna do more work on the graphics. I know it's about the gameplay, but this is supposed to be next gen.

Mikey15
It looks terrible graphically. Like GT4 with more cars and better looking people. I hope they are gonna do more work on the graphics. I know it's about the gameplay, but this is supposed to be next gen.
It's very early yet so they should improve on the graphics.

Yeah. Cheers for that. Git.

*goes off to change underwear*

Back