Volkswagen ID - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 216 comments
VW is really behind the curve when it comes to packaging and space management when it comes to EVs. All that front overhang and no frunk? I also don't understand how the cargo capacity is smaller than a Model Y, despite being eight inches longer of a car. Isn't the purpose of having a wagon is for it to have near infinite cargo?

Last edited:
VW is one gigantic act of desperation masquerading as a corporation. They single-handedly ruined America’s perception of EV charging infrastructure via Electrify America and for that they should be fined tens of billions of dollars and put out of business. Lie, cheat, steal, cover it up.

Volkswagen will reportedly offer its upcoming ID2-based 2026 GTI EV in the United States, with a starting price in the $25,000 range. It will slot below the current Golf-based GTI and will roughly be the size of a Polo.

335hp dual-motor I.D. Buzz GTX trim unveiled, available on both the normal and LWB models, but will not be offered in the US (for no apparent reason).

Screen Shot 2024-03-21 at 12.46.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-21 at 12.46.31 PM.png

Well a good reason it’s it’s uglier and less nostalgic than the regular model. I see no purpose in a “sporty” minivan.

Well a good reason it’s it’s uglier and less nostalgic than the regular model. I see no purpose in a “sporty” minivan.
Maybe its different stateside, but in Europe there's a whole cult around VW vans as part of the whole VDub scene. The older stuff is what they all want, but they're small and not ideal to daily (or weekendly) so the later T5s and T6s are where it's at. You'll most likely see them with oversized VW Group wheels and lowered. I see this Buzz GTX as a way of VW tapping into that 'modding-lite' scene.

Back