VRally3

• Thread starter TVRKing
  • 17 comments
I wanted it till just recently, but when i saw a review of it and watched a Colin McRae clip i decided to wait for that game instead!

Originally posted by TVRKing
Does anybody have it, and is it any good?

Oh, Ummm... Is it out yet? I swear I just read a preview on it the other day, not a review.

Actually, now that I've said that, I don't have a clue. I can't recall what the preview/review said either.... May have just been a dream.

<shrug>

Originally posted by ethanol
:lol:

Well, odds are always quite good that I don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

:D

:lol: Someone else sharing the thick fog that seems to be the reality I contend with these days...

Originally posted by vat_man

:lol: Someone else sharing the thick fog that seems to be the reality I contend with these days...
:lol: I have a problem... I have so much trouble just saying that I don't know what I'm talking about... My girlfriend will ask me about something I couldn't possibly know about, so I just make up an answer. hahaha - I always go into tons of detail, I make up the history, I make up a story about what the "thing" is used for, etc... etc... Now, she knows that I'm full of it 90% of the time and yet, she wants to believe me. So, she'll often go around telling people the story that I told them...

:D What is a bigger problem is, a year or so later, I can't remember if it was a story I made up, or whether it's true. :lol: I can't seperate fantasy from reality anymore.

A friend of mine just got a copy of this game on his modded PS2, which was patched from PAL to NTSC, which I'm not sure made a difference or not in the gameplay, but from what I saw, it was more or less unplayable by my standards. The controls were poor, and the physics unrealistic. I aslo found it to run extremely slow. I'd actually love to hear from someone who has this game from the PAL region to know whether or not this is an issue in the patching or the actual way the game play....
Graphics seemed good, and the damage model was good too, but nothing really stood out in those areas. We shall see....

Originally posted by ethanol
:D What is a bigger problem is, a year or so later, I can't remember if it was a story I made up, or whether it's true. :lol: I can't seperate fantasy from reality anymore.

:lol:

There was a good line from Dustin Hoffman in that otherwise dreadful film 'Hook' - 'why tell a lie when the truth is much more fun!!'.

I've also found from personal experience that the truth is a lot easier to keep track of - you don't even have to remember all of it, as long as you have some of it.

No, I haven't got, and don't plan to either. I bought WRC and that was a great rally game, and I've got far too many racing games as it is, and another one (Splashdown) arriving on my door mat today ready for when I get home. I need some more platform games!!!

TVRKing

I played it on the weekend, and it is the biggest pile of crap I have ever played, I kid you not.

Marks out of 10

Graphics 9/10

Gameplay 0/10

I had trouble with the sensitivity on the steering, so I turned it down and it did'nt make a blind bit of difference.

Why people bring such crap on the market I will never know. :confused:

My advice would be to rent or borrow a copy and see what you think.

I heard somewhere there's no analogue acceleration - and I can't believe there's no USB compatibility! Colin McRae 3's going to kill it.

Okay - I borrowed a copy. This thing's a barker, kids. It looks like a really good PSX game (shame it's on PS2), and the handling's really over-reactive - and, if you've got the Logitech Driving Force wheel, great, but if you have the GT3 Logitech wheel, go to hell!!!

WRC kills it - save your money and wait for Colin McRae 3, boys.

Back