[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments

How should the driver names be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wait. Did the video freeze? Did it keep playing after a moment or 2?
Freeze for a minute, then go into double speed to catch up, only to freeze again on the embedded video
On YouTube, the video was really slow, but the audio was a normal speed

@Angel in the entry list, were the female drivers in pink?
Screenshot (39).png

You forgot to put me in pink :P

To address the video comments, first time I saw the broadcast it was fine. It was just when I was flipping between tabs that there was a catchup issue.

All the race videos beginning with Bristol can be found in the OP under the "Race Videos" tab. I'm working on including a Mediafire link to race reports for each of those races as well. That should hopefully be accessible in .pdf and .rtf beginning with Bristol on Tuesday.

The team has headed back to Kyoto to recoup after what Kunimitsu Kino****a described as a "hellacious" race at the high banked short oval. The team fared poorly to its rivals with the exception of Henna Venalainen, who shined under the lights to capture a 7th place finish. "She shined under the pressure, even after Camyron and I had both deemed the race a toss out. She clawed tooth and nail for a top 10 and she got it." When asked on if Venalainen would become a full time driver, Kino****a just smiled and nodded, confirming that Cat Devil Racing had secured yet another dominant force for 2016.

The video quality for me was fine. I watched both on my PC and my PS4 to see if there was discrepencies, and I couldn't find any except for a small bit at the end when there was that pileup. Top notch work @Clayton Hardy and @nascarfan1400 on the commentary. Really looking forward to Indy and the rest of the season.

I'll watch the whole video later, I just wanted to see how @nascarfan1400 and @Clayton Hardy would pronounce my name.

And like any other american I met, you guys say Matthews when you read Matheus. I find it funny. :lol:

SHAMELESS PLUG: Check my signature and join my league. Pleaseee.

Last edited:
A driver won.
Another driver won.
Yet another driver won.
Surprise! A driver won.

A driver won.
Another driver won.
Yet another driver won.
Surprise! A driver won.

Your humor, I like it. The teasing, evil, we must wait months to see the real results.

Grr

Great quality stuff so far though, well worth the time.

A driver won.
Another driver won.
Yet another driver won.
Surprise! A driver won.
Thanks Captain Obvious. :lol:

Well ****, the son of god existed before cars so it can't be him
I wonder how he'd do in powerboat racing.
Your humor, I like it. The teasing, evil, we must wait months to see the real results.

Grr

Great quality stuff so far though, well worth the time.
All in due time. The races have been dramatic to watch raw. The commentary should be good.
Thanks Captain Obvious. :lol:
No problem. Any time.

A driver won.
Another driver won.
Yet another driver won.
Surprise! A driver won.

:lol:

So much downforce.

I wonder how he'd do in powerboat racing.

All in due time. The races have been dramatic to watch raw. The commentary should be good.

No problem. Any time.
Like he'd even need the powerboat, he'd just wear a white robe sponsored by Franzia and Wonder

To be completely honest, if I were to have bet on the season based on all the tests, I would have gone full Greece mode. This season has been as volatile so far as I could imagine. Part of me loves it. The races have all been really as opposite as I had predicted. And for that same reason, I'm hating the hell out of it. Anyways, I know this is early, but happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Has Jackson gotten a ride for 2017?

It has been quite some time since it was last reported that Jackson looking to stay in the series, Specifically a seat at Cat Devil Racing for the 2017 season. Earlier Today, Camyron Jackson posted a very short and cryptic message. "Folks, There is something happening. All I can say is..well, its happening." While vague and not exactly answering any questions, it apparently wasn't all. A short time Later, another message was posted and appeared to indicate that there is more to be revealed. "For now, I only give you a small, undefined sample. Tomarrow is when you get the full course, with all the fixings." While obviously making many thanksgiving references, there is the possibility that this could mean he may have gotten a ride for next season. Whether that's with Cat Devil Racing or not, is yet to be determined.

Angel Porter took some time to address questions regarding new team for 2017, Team Porter. The team was announced a few weeks ago, but no information has surfaced beyond that point. The team has no drivers committed to it, and today the owner/driver explained why.
News Reporter: Team Porter was announced as a support team to Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing in 2017. It's using the Black Rose Racing Team's European facility, the same Ferrari engines, but beyond that has been muted. What details can you give us on the team now that some time has passed?
Angel Porter: The team is in existence for a couple of reasons. Ferrari want a decent presence in the series. Two full time engines will not cut it for them, and at the same time, you can't force people to drive Ferrari engines. The team helps alleviate that for them. It cuts down on costs for Black Rose Racing as a whole, and the sponsors that exist on Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing do not carry over to Team Porter. That requires other funding, which will help us recoup our losses for doing a 5 car outfit in 2016. It's autonomous, but at the same time, still in principle a Black Rose Racing Team, which should make it easier to be successful.
News Reporter: Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing confirmed that yourself and Andrew Draco would occupy the team's two full time seats in 2017. It still has a limited drive seat, but Team Porter looks devoid. Any word on if the other three drivers will get a seat at Team Porter in 2017?
Angel Porter: At this particular moment in time, it's not likely. None of them bring substantial sponsorship, which is the first roadblock. Descoteau has voiced his unhappiness with the team moving to Ferrari power, and had made a previous attempt to leave the team in 2017. I consider that from a business perspective as a pre-release from contract, so his contract option will likely not be utilized. Birmingham has shown indifference to being in the series in general. I feel like there's no motivation, and that can be toxic to the team. Devereux can be very aggressive, aggravating, or very numb to what's going on in the series. There's no consistency, and the team desperately needs that. None of the three look capable of being a leading driver for the outfit. Ferrari and myself have voiced our desires to have the team be a front running, strong team. If that means doing what's best for business, then none of them get the seats.
News Reporter: If the team is looking for fresh blood, then who would you be looking at?
Angel Porter: Right now, I genuinely can't answer that. We have a broad list at the moment and that takes time to narrow down. I can't say who will or won't be in the seat. Time, and races, will tell the tale ultimately. There's a lot to do before we offer someone the pen and paper.
News Reporter: Does the team have any sponsors on board at all at the moment?
Angel Porter: No. The drivers will have to bring their own sponsorship. The team can search for associate sponsors after we've signed the drivers.

Ngaire-Jardine on 2017
We have been involved in a large number of discussions with Nissan regarding our contract with them and both groups have decided that at the moment the best thing to do is walk away from the contract to allow us the opportunity to explore other opportunities for next season. What these opportunities entail is part of the fun. It might turn out that remaining a Nissan driver is the wisest choice for us or we could find that another team offers a better deal for us. Either way look for the Ngaire-Jardine name to be back on the grid for next season. I can't wait for the opportunity to compete in the New Zealand race. It's been a childhood dream of mine to make it to this level so I'll do whatever it takes to stay here.

Regarding the victory in the Monster Shootout; the money is a huge bonus to our team. The win wasn't entirely unexpected to be honest. I knew the car was fast, but when I drop several places at the start I knew it would be a battle. Our put strategy was spot on and after that it was all about staying consistent. The touch we had with the wall was caused by the #5 car sliding up and we touched wheels and that shot me up into the barrier. I'm just lucky that didn't end my race. The money was spent very wisely and I can say that with a straight face because I don't actually remember the rest of the night after the race. I did wake up with a huge headache so there's that... No one else admitted to having been hungover but I can tell for sure that some of the other drivers and crews were a little worse for wear as well... I'm sure it was worth it whatever happened that night

About the #5 machine. Honestly, he's lucky he didn't get more than a pit lane penalty to be brutally honest. I'm surprised there wasn't a scuffle in the pits after the race. He needs to take a close look at the driving standards rules because that was rather unacceptable.

Kunimitsu Kino****a has gone out to publicly slam Bristol Motor Speedway over failure to pay the team its race purse. The race purse, cited by Kino****a, is usually sent out by the week after an event takes place. Outfits such as Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing and Polaris Motorsports have received their sums, while teams not located in the United States or Canada may be forced to wait until practice begins in Indy in just a couple weeks. "Bristol was not prepared for the diversity in the series. The racing was good, but economically, if it wasn't clearly feasible, then why was it done. All the teams entered with the agreement that everything was solid. That was a façade, and unfortunately teams like us are stuck waiting. Absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully VRR can expedite the solution before we have to fork over more money to transport to Indianapolis."

Team Boss David Rossi held a press conference in which he stated "We would love to have a second car in fact Stefan will be that driver now we just wait on the sponsor." "Target is already doing so much for the team it really means alot." "As for this year we feel very confident that we can win at least one race and a Top 10 finish in the points." " We could have had a even better finish in the shootout if we didn't start in the weeds."

"Honestly? I'm still shocked about it. 3 years ago I was re-learning how to walk again after a testing crash in an old-style Indy Lights car nearly destroyed me. To get the part-time drives alone felt like a miracle to me; To get a full-time for 2017..."

*Long-ish pause*

"I hope to be up for it physically and get better on the road & street courses. I owe this team and Ms. Porter that much."

With lineups being finalized for the 2017 season Swift Autosport is looking for 1 full time driver, and 1 Indy 500 driver. Swift Autosport is prepared to consider all applicants for the 2 spots. We look forward to informing you as soon as we get more information.

HELP WANTED:
2 Drivers needed for 2017 Indy 500
Payment in suitcases full of cash (checks available)
Get to rent Aston Martin DB9's for entire time at Indianapolis (practice - race day)
No sponsors needed
We have cake

"Well with many teams and drivers announcing their return for Season 2, I should probably put my two cents in. Personally a S2 return is unknown for me at the moment. While I respect all the work that VRR has done, I believe it's too early for me to comment on a S2 return. If I do return it'll still be me driving the #20 under the TKU banner (we are a dominant force after all). I'll see how the racing plays out and I'll have the announcement once we reach the race at Laguna Seca."

With lineups being finalized for the 2017 season Swift Autosport is looking for 1 full time driver, and 1 Indy 500 driver. Swift Autosport is prepared to consider all applicants for the 2 spots. We look forward to informing you as soon as we get more information.
You already have 2 seats. You can't reserve anymore since all 26 full time seats have been reserved.

Back