[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments

How should the driver names be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For 2017, Team Kate Upton is sad to announce that Lotus Cars will not be returning to sponsor a car in the Indycar Series. "Performance of the car has nothing to do with our departure" a Lotus representative was quoted as saying, "We simply don't see the purpose in sponsoring a car in series that isn't engineered by us". Jesus Cristobal was confident in finding another sponsor for next year, saying "Patrocinadores me aman! Incluso si me encontré en el último lugar cada semana, todavía estaría capaz de conseguir un patrocinador"

GameStopLogo_BlackRed.png

Jackson announces 2017 deal with Cat Devil Racing.
Camyron Jackson has announced that he will be staying with Cat Devil Racing in 2017. Replacing Playstation will be Gamestop, one of Jackson's original Personal sponsors. "Finally feels great to get that out the way. We've had a good partnership that goes back to my first series race in the Formula B cars and I live literally within miles of their Headquarters so it was a no brainer when trying to figure things out. "

Cristobal Announces Personal Sponsorship Deal with Verizon
2000px-Verizon_logo.svg.png
Jesus Cristobal announces a 2 year contract with mobile carrier. The contract calls for a Verizon logo to appear on every STICC car that Cristobal drives in 2017 and 2018, but will not feature a full sponsorship. Team Kate Upton, shocked at the development asks series officials if such a contract would even be allowed and is still searching for a full time sponsor, but Cristobal is quoted as saying "Le dije a ustedes , patrocinadores vienes a mí como moscas sobre un cadáver"
@Angel are competing sponsors allowed? Like could I have Verizon as a secondary sponsor or will I have to write around that

Cristobal Announces Personal Sponsorship Deal with Verizon
2000px-Verizon_logo.svg.png
Jesus Cristobal announces a 2 year contract with mobile carrier. The contract calls for a Verizon logo to appear on every STICC car that Cristobal drives in 2017 and 2018, but will not feature a full sponsorship. Team Kate Upton, shocked at the development asks series officials if such a contract would even be allowed and is still searching for a full time sponsor, but Cristobal is quoted as saying "Le dije a ustedes , patrocinadores vienes a mí como moscas sobre un cadáver"
@Angel are competing sponsors allowed? Like could I have Verizon as a secondary sponsor or will I have to write around that
Yes, it is allowed.

@Angel or @RACECAR (I'm guessing either of you have it) Do either of you have a file with the series logos in the required places for the template? Also, I can't open the template from smiffsden on my PC, could either of you upload the chevy manufacturer layers (I need the Chevy logos)

@Angel or @RACECAR (I'm guessing either of you have it) Do either of you have a file with the series logos in the required places for the template? Also, I can't open the template from smiffsden on my PC, could either of you upload the chevy manufacturer layers (I need the Chevy logos)

I actually am in the process of completing it for 2017.

I haven't allowed work on 2017 schemes yet. Those won't likely be made available until May at soonest

As talk about the 2017 VRR STICS season begins, Ecurie Ecosse has begun it's talks for new sponsorship deals. Team principal Steven McTavish confirmed that the current sponsor deals for Gary Slater will remain unchanged for 2017,with Johnnie Walker as the primary sponsorship broker. The team has begun talks with Scottish transport firm ARR Craib about a possible 5 year deal beginning in 2017 whilst also looking for a 4th secondary sponsor.

With regards to Slater's 2017 teammate Aaron Van der Linden, Ecurie Ecosse have agreed with Mugen Motorsports to transfer the #27 and Skullcandy sponsorship to the Scottish team. Discussions on new sponsor deals for Van der Linden are yet to begin.

This is for the special livery that can be used for 3 races
Never mind what I said then. I was talking about 2017 livery requirements lol.

First eight points races are done. All of them have different winners, and only one or two were expected. @rcb929 I need to know if you still intend on keeping your entry. If not, I have to reassign it. @Clayton Hardy any word on your fourth car? The sooner the better.

My only race of the 2016 season is next :D Hopefully I can win to go 1 race - 1 win. :lol:
You have the option of racing in Pocono and Auto Club too, I hope you know.

Also @Angel what day do you plan on running Indy, because if possible I would like to use the special livery I'm working on for the 3 33 car races
No later than New Year's Day.

No later than New Year's Day.
So I'll need the Chevy and Series logo layer uploaded, and then 3 weeks from now when I'm home I can finish the livery that's saved on my Desktop. Won't take more than a day after I get home

So I'll need the Chevy and Series logo layer uploaded, and then 3 weeks from now when I'm home I can finish the livery that's saved on my Desktop. Won't take more than a day after I get home
That's where @RACECAR comes in to play.

Kunimitsu Kino****a openly acknowledged that Polaris Motorsports had bought the third reserved seat from Cat Devil Racing for $1.5 million over the weekend. "We didn't feel like we'd get a good pick on the driver for that car. It didn't seem worth the risk, and Polaris had surrendered a full time seat to allow Ecurie Ecosse to expand. They want the car and can obviously fund it. It's theirs now. I look forward to seeing Stephanie put the car to use."
Kino****a also went on record to say that her stock car racing career would likely come to an end after 2016. "My heart has always been in open wheel racing and finesse racing. Stock car racing is a novelty in Japan, and I understand why. It gets very boring very quickly. I'll see the season through, but I honestly don't expect too much from it. I might run a team in it, but I have no intention of racing beyond a single season. I'd have to have an amazing deal to consider a second season." This comes on the heels of rumors of Stephanie Porter-Kelley possibly dropping out from the series before it even starts due to "her own personal disappointment in its management".
Evangeline Porter commented on the sale, commending Polaris Motorsports in its apparent turn to secure the factory team status. "Steph isn't someone who just sits with the same equipment. Her team is a powerhouse R&D team, so if they do go through with it, more power to them."

Never mind what I said then. I was talking about 2017 livery requirements lol.

First eight points races are done. All of them have different winners, and only one or two were expected. @rcb929 I need to know if you still intend on keeping your entry. If not, I have to reassign it. @Clayton Hardy any word on your fourth car? The sooner the better.
I still want my entry.

Back