[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments

How should the driver names be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm assuming by now those who painted have likely seen this:

Dallara DW12 Template (VRR STICS).png

So I've decided to make this a yearly tradition, starting with the 2016 winner. Likewise, whoever wins the 2017 500 will be the next driver gracing the Template cover.

When did Stephanie Porter get here? We are all doomed. If this championship is based on sass, she's champion undisputable.

So, what do you think now?

Adding a statement on the series. Regardless on if I have everyone's cars on October 31st, the deadline for entries will remain at that date. Edit: Wrong thread.

Update on Fontana. XSplit nearly killed my computer trying to render a test recording me and nas did. So needless to say uploading it in time for next Sunday will not be happening if we try the multi person commentary. Looking into other alternatives to make comms work for this race. Just from testing the track I think everyone will enjoy it.

Update on Fontana. XSplit nearly killed my computer trying to render a test recording me and nas did. So needless to say uploading it in time for next Sunday will not be happening if we try the multi person commentary. Looking into other alternatives to make comms work for this race. Just from testing the track I think everyone will enjoy it.
Did it render correctly? Like does it work though?

If anything, I can record the race without commentary today, send you the already edited video file, let you record just the commentary audio, and then overlap that over the race video.

With a month to go until VRR's Year End Event, I decided there wasn't enough activity here, even the questionable type. So with that said, and with approval from the home office...

A time ago, VRR put out a open invitation to join the 2016 VRR Year End Celebration in Daytona. This also set out the guidelines to an open design competition for the IROC-based cars being used. Starion Design, the more artistic mind (:rolleyes: yeah, right.) at Starion Motorsports, took the initiative to send in a submission. When the deadline passes, we were granted the privilege to start putting the cars together. Lots of paint later, the scheme is cleared and the 28 entries have been finished. The only things left are finding enough trucks to ship them all, making sure the vinyl decals are set, AND showing the new ride publicly.

That happens now. Ladies and Gentlemen, the 2016 VRR-IROC Racer. Feel free to mock it.:
Untitled.png

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, race will be made public Sunday evening at 9 p.m. Eastern Time/6 p.m. Pacific Time/2 a.m. London Time. Final results are included in the video, and the formal posting of the results in the picture format will occur Monday at 10:30 a.m. Eastern Time.

"With all of the fall-out about how my relationship with PerlSpeed GP ended and the negotiations around running sportscars next year with my buddy Gabe, it's nice being back "Home" with Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing and in an Indycar again.

"The #77 Coke Zero/Sonic Burger Special felt pretty good right off the truck in FP1 in the middle of the day, but the wind picked up and the balance felt way off when the track cooled down in FP2. I'll admit that at first, I was worried that a trend I picked up from running at PerlSpeed of dropping off the face of the earth the more I try to figure out what the car's doing had followed me back to C-CBRR, but it seemed like the whole team outside of Birmingham struggled in the cooler conditions..."

"I'm confident that we'll get it sorted out by qualifying though. And if not... Well, who knows? It's a long race and just about anything could happen."

Back