[VRR][B-SPEC] 2017 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 1,040 comments

What Sponsor Would You Want For 2018-2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Beginning in 2017, the #7 for Black Rose Racing will have a different driver. At the end of 2016, Evangeline Porter will step down from full time competition, piloting only select races in a reemerging car from her history, #81. The team is actively pursuing different options for the #7 car next year. Only races Porter is confirmed to be entered in with the #81 is Yas Marina and Indianapolis next year at the moment. A full detailed statement from the team and Porter can be expected Monday.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I...I...All I've got is 'Wow!', 'Holy ****!', and 'My God, this changes ****!', both in and out of character.

Question: Do you make the livery out of your sponsor, or is it just placed normally on a basic colour car?

Question: Do you make the livery out of your sponsor, or is it just placed normally on a basic colour car?
Some do, but if you are going to have a sponsor, the colors need to be relatively close. The OP has a few rules on liveries, if you haven't already, check 'em out so you get an idea what's up. I'll be happy to help with whatever I can.

Some do, but if you are going to have a sponsor, the colors need to be relatively close. The OP has a few rules on liveries, if you haven't already, check 'em out so you get an idea what's up. I'll be happy to help with whatever I can.
Ok also 2 more questions since I can't find them in the OP.

- What is the max limit of the AI Driver stats?

- If I want register my own part-time team, where do I do that?

Ok also 2 more questions since I can't find them in the OP.

- What is the max limit of the AI Driver stats?

- If I want register my own part-time team, where do I do that?
On the first, I believe it's on the form you fill out for your driver. Off hand I want to say the cap is 500 points or thereabouts.

On the second, once you've submitted your driver, you can establish the team in a post built like this:

Driver: Yours
Team: Not-a-real-life-team
Engine: Section 4, Article 2.2
Tires: Section 5, Article 1.1
Schedule: Part-time (selected races to attempt. May be a bit hard to determine, ask if you need help.)

Like this...

Driver: Kevin Ritter
Team: Rainbow Road Racing
Engine: Honda
Tires: Firestone
Schedule: Part-time (I don't know what races are available though)

@Angel Am I allowed to develop my own tune of engine for the Team Upton teams?
Not without them being rebadged to Ilmor. Steph's already made the engine setup for Chevrolet so probably ask her what she set it to.
Like this...

Driver: Kevin Ritter
Team: Rainbow Road Racing
Engine: Honda
Tires: Firestone
Schedule: Part-time (I don't know what races are available though)
With part time, you can enter any of the exhibitions you are eligible for. Since you'd be a rookie, you would not be able to race in the 2017 Monster Shootout. As far as points races go, you'll be able to enter up to 5 of them. I would advise against choosing Suzuka because that is being withdrawn for replaced.

Not without them being rebadged to Ilmor. Steph's already made the engine setup for Chevrolet so probably ask her what she set it to.

With part time, you can enter any of the exhibitions you are eligible for. Since you'd be a rookie, you would not be able to race in the 2017 Monster Shootout. As far as points races go, you'll be able to enter up to 5 of them. I would advise against choosing Suzuka because that is being withdrawn for replaced.
Can I look at the form for it and see what can be set before I do so or no?

Ok then I guess I'll choose if available:

1. Honda Indy 300
2. Sunoco Indy Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi
3. Smuker's Indy Grand Prix at the Glen
4. Virgin Indy Grand Prix of Barcelona
5. Audi Indy Grand Prix of Masaryk

Might as well tour around the countries in my part-time run.

Also I have to choose a number, is #64 available?

Last edited:
Ok then I guess I'll choose if available:

1. Honda Indy 300
2. Sunoco Indy Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi
3. Smuker's Indy Grand Prix at the Glen
4. Virgin Indy Grand Prix of Barcelona
5. Audi Indy Grand Prix of Masaryk

Might as well tour around the countries in my part-time run.

Also I have you to choose a number, is #64 available?
Yes, #64 is available.

Sweet.

1 last question, is it possible to request my Indycar to be like the Mobil 1 NSX in terms of livery? (like my livery is in the GTPFS), I don't have the game myself to make the livery :/
You don't need the game and it uses the same game as that. I'd send the request to someone like @RACECAR @BKGlover or @Suzumiya

Sweet.

1 last question, is it possible to request my Indycar to be like the Mobil 1 NSX in terms of livery? (like my livery is in the GTPFS), I don't have the game myself to make the livery :/

As stated, its not even needed. If you want, I can easily make the car for you

Evangeline Porter: "The decision to step away from full time IndyCar competition is without a doubt very hard and very painful to commit to. I have been racing competitively since I was four, and it's a massive kick to the gut. I certainly have not been on form in any of the things I have competed in the last 8 months, from here to Super GT and abroad. I hope to return to full time competition in 2018. For 2017, which is without a doubt the forefront of my mind, I need to focus on my team and building it as a top level contender and I need to focus on my health which has been a serious factor in why I have been inconsistent with results. I will give the final few races of 2016 my absolute best and then take a back seat in 2017."

Black Rose Racing: "Angel's decision to step away from full time racing next year caught us seriously off guard. It was rather sudden but it's been under physician's recommendations. Her health for her long term longevity is vital to us as an operation. That undoubtedly leaves a large gap to fill and we will begin our search for that filling. The sponsors that signed on to the car have agreed to remain on the car for the season, so the seat is fully funded and we can begin searching for just the most talented drivers out there. Any announcements on Angel's sponsors for 2017 will come likely after Pocono."
Suzuka International Circuit, the long time home of the Formula One Japanese Grand Prix, has stepped away from hosting an event in the 2017 season due to rising concerns of ticket sales. Several venues have stepped forward to host the race and keep it within the Asia-Oceania region. Those interested venues are:
Phillip Island Circuit, Australia--The Australian circuit has bid for a race previously, having lost out to Ruapuna in New Zealand for a round on the calendar. If Phillip Island were to get the nod, Ruapuna would be moved to round three of the season, and Motegi would assume Suzuka's race date as round four.

Pukekohe Park Circuit, New Zealand--Ruapuna is set to garner a lot of attention for hosting the first top tier open wheel series event within the country since the 1960's. Pukekohe, the more famous and active track, was overlooked for Ruapuna due to concerns of adequate track safety employees. Now that the New Zealand government has open arms welcomed the series, Pukekohe could join the series in the same way as Phillip Island.

Clark International Circuit, Philippines--The Philippines are not well renowned for their wealth of drivers, but with Jerome Torres making his debut with government support next season, Clark could weasel it's way into Suzuka's race date without any calendar changes.

Shanghai International Circuit, China--One of the favorites among VRR series superiors, Shanghai has petitioned to host an event since before 2016. Now that there is an open race date very much open to their usage, Shanghai and the Chinese government are very much bidding large on getting the nod.

Bahrain International Circuit, Bahrain--Another favorite of the officials in charge, BIC has also rallied for a series event for well over a year. However, with Yas Marina in the nearby UAE hosting a race, there could be serious issues as far as ticket sales are concerned for the two venues if Bahrain claims Suzuka's race date.

Cherokee Motorsports have formally announced the release of Sakura Ishibashi and the full time seat she occupied. The team will focus its efforts on the one full time entry we have. We wish her the best.

Next month, Chevrolet and Polaris Motorsports will be coordinating a test with the first batch of 2017 engines. All Chevrolet teams are invited to attend the test which will be taking place at Richmond International Raceway. "We feel confident that our engine for 2017 and the update program we have set out will be the best possible program of the six manufacturers." A Chevrolet spokesperson said on the announcement. "We feel that we are in good enough shape to bring all of the Chevrolet entrants into the mixture."

@ukfan758 You need to select 5 points races you want to run in.

Also, 2017 Monster Shootout Eligibility
Automatic Entry Requirements:
-Earn a pole position in a points race of the previous season.
-Earn a race win in a drivers championship points race of the previous season.
-Any past Indy 500 champion.
-Defending Monster Shootout winner (Jamie Ngaire-Jardine)

All other drivers that do not somehow fit those requirements, 1) how bad was your season if you are returning? 2) Have no fear, there will be a heat race where the top 3 finishers will race in the Shootout as wildcards.

Heat race length: 100 miles
Monster Shootout length: 150 miles

In and out of character, each race weekend is going to feel a bit sad without @Angel racing, 'cause that just means my Car #7 DNF counter is gonna be useless for the entire season.
The #7 itself will remain in use by my team. I just won't be driving it.

Back