[VRR][B-SPEC] 2017 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 1,040 comments

What Sponsor Would You Want For 2018-2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Eva
Please be sure that the sponsor you put in the form is the one you want as your primary sponsor in 2018. No need to submit another form. Just tell me it here if it needs adjusted.

My primary isn't changing in 2018.

Was looking at real driver salaries and most f1 open wheel guys are making the 1.2 to 4.5 million, but here in the U.S. its drastically different, I marked mine down below $500,000 since I'm unproven and untested I feel like that is reasonable, but is there a minimum/maximum cap? Also do we have a thread or is it through pm's that we discuss contracts/team negotiations, during silly season?

Was looking at real driver salaries and most f1 open wheel guys are making the 1.2 to 4.5 million, but here in the U.S. its drastically different, I marked mine down below $500,000 since I'm unproven and untested I feel like that is reasonable, but is there a minimum/maximum cap? Also do we have a thread or is it through pm's that we discuss contracts/team negotiations, during silly season?
The median for IndyCar is usually $300,000 to $3,000,000. In real life, the teams cover most of the salary due to race purses being meager outside of Indy. But here, the race purse is intended to cover much of the salary, if not all of it and then some. Contracts and negotiations are all handled through PMs to the respective team owners and once a formal deal is finalized then they let me/everyone know either through a post here or contacting me privately elsewhere like Discord, PSN, Twitter, or Facebook.

Wonderful thought that was the case, would all the data collected from these forms be annotated? If you'd need help with any of that let me know, I'd love to help with anything you'd need on this end.

Thanks

Wonderful thought that was the case, would all the data collected from these forms be annotated? If you'd need help with any of that let me know, I'd love to help with anything you'd need on this end.

Thanks
The form itself will be made public for everyone to use for free agent signings when the 2018 thread opens in June. Drivers and teams can handle signings themselves before that on their own accord.

qm3no.png

Impulse Racing is alright with having a lot of question marks and TBAs covering the team's entries for 2018, at least according to team principal Asumi Matsuo. "Right now, we want to see what is on the table for 2018. Who's being released from teams, who joins the series from the outside. We like our current lineup, and if they want to stay, then we can definitely go with it. But we won't rush them into that decision, not until we get through the first handful of races. We have to cope with an uncompetitive engine, and that is something we need to take into consideration when evaluating our drivers and everyone else as well. How competitive were our potential drivers in comparison to teammates or drivers under the same engine banner? We get to sit back as an incoming factory team and let the cards show themselves. We just can't react late, otherwise we've accomplished nothing."

Matsuo also shared her opinions on the Alpine deal. "Alpine have jumped in with both feet eager to get going. The 2018 engine is already in development, and we get to test the prototype engine at Autopolis between Indy and Charlotte." Matsuo confirmed. Alpine sits as the most popular supplier for 2018 so far, with Impulse fielding three full time entries and a part time car, Eiffel Tower Racing Team fielding at least one full time car, and Cherokee Motorsports rumored to be fielding two full time entries in 2018 with the French marque, making the total currently six full time cars and one additional part season car.

NOTE: Foster's Indy 250 scheduled to start at 4:00 a.m. EST/8:00 p.m. local time Sunday, 05 February 2017.
R01 Pre-Q.PNG

Weather Report: Clear, 75 degrees Fahrenheit, winds Northwest 6-8 mph.
R01 FP101.PNG
R01 FP102.PNG

Weather Report: Clear, 67 degrees Fahrenheit, winds North-Northwest 13-21 mph.
Penalties: Rear of Starting Grid (Engine Change)-#16, #7, #30
R01 FP201.PNG
R01 FP202.PNG

Weather Report: Clear, 61 degrees Fahrenheit, winds West 11-18 mph
R01 Q01.PNG
R01 Q02.PNG

Weather Report: Clear, 68 degrees Fahrenheit, winds Northwest 15-22 mph.
R01 Grid.PNG

Serving Penalties: #81, #3, #16, #7, #30

Not where we wanted to be starting from, but I'd be lying if I said it was unexpected, after all, it's no secret we're not quite where we want to be right now. We'll just have to see if we can do a little better in the race, hopefully that'll at least help in getting some valuable data for the team to work on.

Out-of-Character: Form re-submitted. Sorry for the Double-Post as well.

Practice for the Foster's Indy 250 @ Calder Park Thunderdome: "With the amount of frequent flier miles I've been wracking up from bouncing back and forth from the Black Rose Racing Team shop and Phantom Motorsports's facilities, plus the testing and media days and such, it feels pretty good to just hop on a red-eye flight, read through a thick book to stifle the boredom and get back to racing.

"The first practice session went pretty smoothly all things considered. The car felt good right out of the box, but it's crazy to think that only being 5 hundredths of a second off the top time can set you all the way back in 19th place... Goes to show just how competitive things are nowadays, you know? I have to admit, I was a little startled by how relatively bumpy the surface is and just how rough the transition coming on and off the banking can be too; It felt like if you didn't set the car up just right, you could easily spin going into or out of Turn 1 & Turn 3. The wind blowing hard isn't making things easier out there, that's for sure.

"The second practice session felt about the same. The crew on my car didn't make any big changes and focused on finding the sweet spot on the car. It kind of feels like trying to chase a Kangaroo uphill though, because while we gained time somebody goes out and runs a lap that's a full tenth of a second faster than the first session... The wind dying down a little and changing direction probably helped me out, because I felt like I could try to attack the corners and drive just a touch more aggressively than in FP1.

"We'll see how qualifying goes. It hasn't been my strong suit, but I'm confident we can safely crack the top 10."

Qualifying for The Foster's Indy 250 @ Calder Park Thunderdome: "Yee-Haw! Man, that was fun... Where to start? Well, I knew that the #77 Coca-Cola Cherry Special was right there in practice even if the times didn't really show it, but it felt a little bit of a luck of the draw today with the wind and how just a few more degrees in the track temperature really made it feel slick and greasy. The BRRT crew really outdid themselves, because the last-minute adjustments they made really helped to make the #77 stable in the wind and I was able to carry just a little bit more speed through the turns.

"The wonderful engines that Ferrari are supplying us this year are really helping out as well, because three out of the four cars running them all were in the top five... I'm confident that I can talk to y'all tomorrow from victory lane, but VRR Indycar races are never easy."

The proposed Engine Formula change for 2018: "A switch to Normally-Aspirated V8s will probably help out my driving style on the road courses. As tractable as the Ferrari Twin-Turbo V6 engine BRRT are using is, I cut my teeth in sprint cars that had a lot of power, lived on the throttle and reacted almost instantly to the driver's foot... So, going back to that might help me out.

"Anyway, I have to get going. I'm late for a team debrief."

"Not a good place to start. I'm not confident we'll get anywhere on race day. We'll just need to try our best to ride this one out."

I am still listening to it as of this post, but very cool podcast deal here with this series.

Sees 43 in 2nd, 86 ahead, recalls "training" in offseason to "be faster"...

...just couldn't leave it alone, could I?

Out of character for a moment.

An oval track that does right turns? I know Australia is backwards but what is this sorcery :lol:?

Out of character for a moment.

An oval track that does right turns? I know Australia is backwards but what is this sorcery :lol:?
When AUSCAR used the oval, they went with right turns.

Eva
When AUSCAR used the oval, they went with right turns.
Driver sits toward the infield going that way due to RHD cars...driving the wrong way 'round on the wrong side of the car, 🤬 that would be brain-twisting for me.

Forgot to note, Poster.

Starion Design has three cars in the top 5, including the winner!

Starion Motorsports has the fight, but the total package needs to be assembled apparently.

Ford isn't threatening to burn down the engine shop! In fact, I think I heard a few bottles of bubbly getting popped open during the race...there were a couple of officials that...err...needed help in a straight line.

What the hell happened to Ray?.........and where the 🤬 did my speed come from!?

Good race, good commentary. Good morning, I'm going to bed.

...one detail I just noticed in the OP, Christobal is still on the driver's roster.

"We're relieved that we survived this one. The car felt woefully underpowered tonight and we still have to conserve what we have all the way to China. I fear all the Audi cars may be told again at Clark not to go full strength until we get the upgrades for Shanghai. Until then, we'll just have to continue trying to ride out these first races."

Back