[VRR][B-SPEC] 2017 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 1,040 comments

What Sponsor Would You Want For 2018-2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has the race been canceled or is it this weekend?
Schedule says this weekend, hopefully everything is in order again.

Disregard that. Forgot we haven't seen Shanghai yet. Reality may be interfering.

Last edited:
Shanghai hasn't been cancelled. Fontana isn't until the 18th. There was a communication problem that has been sorted out so Shanghai should be out this weekend.

Fontana: Check
Homestead: Check
Mid-Ohio: Check
Kentucky: Check
Indy Lights Field: Check
2018 Livery Requirements/Restrictions: Check
2018 Calendar: Check

Turns out, Shanghai won't be out before Fontana. I'll have to upload it on my own time at some point before Indy. But as a return gift, here's everything to keep everyone up to date from Calder Park, Clark Speedway, and Shanghai.
Points 01.PNG
Points 02.PNG

Pole Sitters per race:
Round 01: Andrew Draco
Round 02: Nicole Liechti
Round 03: Nicole Liechti (2)
Race Winners:
Round 01: Alex Rivera
Round 02: Mark Santos
Round 03: Andrew Draco

TAGS: @Kingofweasles @Niku Driver HC @catamount39 @Formidable @ukfan758 @KuniKino****a @DcrRaikkonen @Whitetail @DurWinning @BKGlover @GTRacer22 @optiongamers @AJHG1000 @Sakura @YayoiGT2 @GranTurismo916 @PinkKitty13 @tbwhhs @Michelin @swiftsmith @Harsk100 @Antares26 @Eh Team @Suzumiya @AudiMan2011 @quietgirl @nascarfan1400 @RACECAR @Luis Torres @RESHIRAM5 @vetteman24 @Pezzarinho17 @amaterasu @Zooparker

Also, since neither Team Christie Upton driver has confirmed interest in making the team their own, those two full time entries will be processed by VRR for 2018 and handed out to suitable teams.

Current List of 2018 Entries:
Black Rose Racing-Ferrari (3 full time, 1 part time)
Cat Devil Racing-Honda (3 full time, 1 part time)
Cherokee Motorsports-Alpine (3 full time, 1 part time)
Ecurie Ecosse-TBD (1 full time)
Eiffel Tower Racing Team-Alpine (1 full time)
Impulse Racing-Alpine (3 full time, 1 part time)
Perl Speed GP-TBD (1 full time)
Polaris Motorsports-Chevrolet (3 full time, 1 part time, 1 excess entry)
Starion Motorsports-Ford (2 full time)
Swift Autosport-TBD (2 full time, 1 part time)

Unconfirmed Teams:
Big Blue Motorsports (1 full time)
Team Kate Upton (3 full time)
Rainbow Road Racing (1 full time)
Scuderia Rabia Furiosa (2 full time)
Sovereign Motorsports (1 full time)

Unclaimed Entries: 2
Excess Entries: 1-Polaris Motorsports
Entry Transactions Log
-Cherokee Motorsports purchased Black Rose Racing's excess entry for $1,500,000.
-Cherokee Motorsports purchased Cat Devil Racing's excess entry for $2,000,000.

How do we confirm our entries for next season?
By making a statement in this thread or messaging me privately.
You won't want to miss another though. Best part of the season is right here.
Depends on if you are a oval fan or not. Certainly the most important part is near.

Also, going to release some of the details for the paint scheme requirements and allowances in 2018, so everyone might want to pay attention.
-Allowance of three paint schemes, a primary to be used for at least half of the season, a secondary scheme and a tertiary scheme with an allowance of three races.
-Sponsors to other team's primary sponsors are not allowed to be on cars belonging to other teams at all. Sponsors for secondary and tertiary schemes can be present on other teams cars only as associate sponsors.
-Cars can now have up to 10 associate sponsors on the cars alongside the main sponsor of the paint scheme. All drivers are to provide me a list of those associate sponsors prior to submitting the .tga for their car.
-Driver surnames are required to be on the cockpit of the car, along with the driver's national flag. For those waiting for @RACECAR to make the 2018 series template, that will be outlined.
-Rookies must have the rear winglets of their cars a solid yellow color.
-All cars must have pit boxes made as well, as they will begin being featured in broadcasts in 2018.

Sorry for double post, but for those interested in stating or sending their sponsorship details to me now, here's an easy to use template:
Car: Driver
Primary Sponsor:
Secondary Sponsor:
Tertiary Sponsor:
Associate Sponsor #1:
Associate Sponsor #2:
Associate Sponsor #3:
Associate Sponsor #4:
Associate Sponsor #5:
Associate Sponsor #6:
Associate Sponsor #7:
Associate Sponsor #8:

Potential is there for sure. Hopefully we can break through soon. Also, I think the new rules on points dispersal have made this very interesting already, and that includes what Harsk is doing.

@Eva two things: 1)Starion would not object to receiving a third seat whenever one comes up. 2)Rear Winglets?

These new regs should be easy to follow. Clears up most of my questions.

Potential is there for sure. Hopefully we can break through soon. Also, I think the new rules on points dispersal have made this very interesting already, and that includes what Harsk is doing.

@Eva two things: 1)Starion would not object to receiving a third seat whenever one comes up. 2)Rear Winglets?

These new regs should be easy to follow. Clears up most of my questions.
Where the car numbers are on the rear wing are the winglets.

Would those drivers whose sponsors are not changing for 2018 still need to fill in the form?

Eva
Also, since neither Team Christie Upton driver has confirmed interest in making the team their own, those two full time entries will be processed by VRR for 2018 and handed out to suitable teams.

May I ask, is this plan going ahead for 2018? @Michelin is probably too busy with real-life commitments to confirm interest in due time, so I might file in my own offer and run the team as team owner. This season is going far too well for me to warrant ditching a solid car/engine package...

Would those drivers whose sponsors are not changing for 2018 still need to fill in the form?
Yes, because it 1) makes it easier for me to fill out my sheets to cover how much money teams make for each car, and 2) you may want to add a third livery or associate sponsors once you begin filling it out.
May I ask, is this plan going ahead for 2018? @Michelin is probably too busy with real-life commitments to confirm interest in due time, so I might file in my own offer and run the team as team owner. This season is going far too well for me to warrant ditching a solid car/engine package...
If you are running as a single car team, you need to organize your team's details soon.

I don't have plans to do that either. I would like for Michelin to remain as my teammate if possible, but that is up for debate on his side of things, of course...
IIRC Michelin is in college, and if last semester was anything to go by unless he is on spring break, don't expect a speedy reply until...the end of May.

If you claim it now as you intend it to be,changes later shouldn't be difficult. I doubt Burger King is gonna get snatched. :D

Eva
By making a statement in this thread or messaging me privately.

Depends on if you are a oval fan or not. Certainly the most important part is near.

Also, going to release some of the details for the paint scheme requirements and allowances in 2018, so everyone might want to pay attention.
-Allowance of three paint schemes, a primary to be used for at least half of the season, a secondary scheme and a tertiary scheme with an allowance of three races.
-Sponsors to other team's primary sponsors are not allowed to be on cars belonging to other teams at all. Sponsors for secondary and tertiary schemes can be present on other teams cars only as associate sponsors.
-Cars can now have up to 10 associate sponsors on the cars alongside the main sponsor of the paint scheme. All drivers are to provide me a list of those associate sponsors prior to submitting the .tga for their car.
-Driver surnames are required to be on the cockpit of the car, along with the driver's national flag. For those waiting for @RACECAR to make the 2018 series template, that will be outlined.
-Rookies must have the rear winglets of their cars a solid yellow color.
-All cars must have pit boxes made as well, as they will begin being featured in broadcasts in 2018.

I just want to confirm from the livery convo, we're using the speedway kits proper next year?

IIRC Michelin is in college, and if last semester was anything to go by unless he is on spring break, don't expect a speedy reply until...the end of May.

Guess I shouldn't hold my breath, then, if those words are anything to go by. But then again, being a pessismist is something I'm too used to in my actual life when it comes to pair assignments... I'll hold some hopes just in case.

If you claim it now as you intend it to be,changes later shouldn't be difficult. I doubt Burger King is gonna get snatched. :D

Oh believe you me, I already ensured BK (not you :lol:) isn't leaving my side for now. If you want to be the painter of my steed once again, I also won't oppose that... ;)👍

In fact, that reminds me; what about that "Snack King" thing you and I discussed...? Did that get dropped at some point?

I just want to confirm from the livery convo, we're using the speedway kits proper next year?
For Indy, Michigan, Fontana only. The tertiary scheme allowance is for the speedway aero kit,
I don't have plans to do that either. I would like for Michelin to remain as my teammate if possible, but that is up for debate on his side of things, of course...
You still need to determine team name and engine supplier.
Well I guess I will confirm 2 cars again for next season.
Engine supplier?

Oh believe you me, I already ensured BK (not you :lol:) isn't leaving my side for now. If you want to be the painter of my steed once again, I also won't oppose that... ;)👍

In fact, that reminds me; what about that "Snack King" thing you and I discussed...? Did that get dropped at some point?
I thought @RACECAR took that one over.

I thought @RACECAR took that one over.

He did...? Don't remember that one... But then again, a lot has happened over the past month which certainly screwed up my thought process. It's also the fact that it has been a while since I mentioned anything about it, so that doesn't help.

Then, I guess I'll pass the question over to RACE. Do you recall this livery idea?

Back