[VRR][B-SPEC] 2017 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 1,040 comments

What Sponsor Would You Want For 2018-2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't have plans to do that either. I would like for Michelin to remain as my teammate if possible, but that is up for debate on his side of things, of course...

IIRC Michelin is in college, and if last semester was anything to go by unless he is on spring break, don't expect a speedy reply until...the end of May.

If you claim it now as you intend it to be,changes later shouldn't be difficult. I doubt Burger King is gonna get snatched. :D

@Eva Couldn't I hand @Niku Driver HC ownership of the team while I scale back to driver duties only?

Guess I shouldn't hold my breath, then, if those words are anything to go by. But then again, being a pessismist is something I'm too used to in my actual life when it comes to pair assignments... I'll hold some hopes just in case.

It's true I'm not here at all times due to college and work, but I'm trying to keep updated on everything, as hard as it can be... so I'm sorry that I had some important duties here as well and couldn't handle them due to the real life duties... but it's hard to keep track of everything, even in real life. :lol:

@Eva
It's true I'm not here at all times due to college and work, but I'm trying to keep updated on everything, as hard as it can be... so I'm sorry that I had some important duties here as well and couldn't handle them due to the real life duties... but it's hard to keep track of everything, even in real life. :lol:
Didn't mean to make it sound like you ran off for months, glad to see you lurking around.

Eva
Sorry for double post, but for those interested in stating or sending their sponsorship details to me now, here's an easy to use template:
Car: Driver
Primary Sponsor:
Secondary Sponsor:
Tertiary Sponsor:
Associate Sponsor #1:
Associate Sponsor #2:
Associate Sponsor #3:
Associate Sponsor #4:
Associate Sponsor #5:
Associate Sponsor #6:
Associate Sponsor #7:
Associate Sponsor #8:

Will be sending you that shortly.

He did...? Don't remember that one... But then again, a lot has happened over the past month which certainly screwed up my thought process. It's also the fact that it has been a while since I mentioned anything about it, so that doesn't help.

Then, I guess I'll pass the question over to RACE. Do you recall this livery idea?

I do in-fact remember it and actually finally completed it. Problem is, I lost it (along with several other things) after a windows update :banghead:

@Eva Couldn't I hand @Niku Driver HC ownership of the team while I scale back to driver duties only?

You didn't own the team to begin with. Jahgee and DurWinning did. Niku has filed to start his own team for you two.

It's true I'm not here at all times due to college and work, but I'm trying to keep updated on everything, as hard as it can be... so I'm sorry that I had some important duties here as well and couldn't handle them due to the real life duties... but it's hard to keep track of everything, even in real life. :lol

Well as long as you can still afford to have a car in your name and know when to post from time to time, I'm fine with the "silence delays". Dude, I went to university, I know a thing or two about being busy with education. :lol:

Joke aside, if you're still fine with being my teammate, you're more than welcome to join. 👍
Running a team as a Larry Loner driver isn't my style anyways, especially not in series where teams are so many and so large. Don't worry, we'll still be TCU at spirit... or at least at language. :lol:

I do in-fact remember it and actually finally completed it. Problem is, I lost it (along with several other things) after a windows update :banghead:

Well that is certainly a bummer of a situation... Thanks a lot, Windows Updating (is it any surprise now that I still use Windows 7 on this desktop of mine...?)

So it might not be possible to create the whole thing from scratch again, I suspect. I mean it would be great if that was possible, but it certainly won't be the only you'll have to rebuild...

Last edited:
Season newcomer, Rainbow Road Racing had a press release which talked about the VRR organization but mainly on the IndyCar series

"Currently in 3 different VRR categories" said the owner of the team, Richard Fi nicknamed R.5 "I've put a lot into attempting to make this work like we're over at the GTP Fantasy series at decent results."

R.5 has confirmed he is likely going take the offer for the one full-time entry for next season of IndyCar season, interested into continuing the IndyCar program for around 3 years.

"It's only started, we want to explore the series the world has to offer and go out and race"

An interesting question was brought up about the 2 entries in VRRs possession. R.5 said he is debating it.

"It's a struggle, we have some interesting drivers who I would like race under our name however we don't seem equipped yet to do it. I'll have to wait it out to see if it is desirable to take one, mainly comes from a factor, how our main driver Kevin Ritter in this series who we both need to work to get hik and the car consistent enough pace wise to not drop off"

ogfe6.png

Edit: Welp...
ce3oh.png

Last edited:
Ecurie Ecosse has confirmed in a press conference that they will be running Ford engines for the 2018 VRR STICS season on a one year deal following the departure of Audi from the series. Team principal Steven McTavish stated "Our deal with Ford for 2018 is something we felt could help best take us forward ahead of our big plans for 2019." The team also confirmed that their primary sponsors from Johnnie Walker, Baxters, Chivas Regal, Tennent's, Schuh and ARR Craib would see out their deals to the end of 2018.

McTavish then revealed to the media they have formally applied to VRR to become a 2 car factory team with Mercedes-AMG for 2019. McTavish said "AMG has shown a lot of interest in Indycar but couldn't make any moves because Audi had the German engine side on lockdown. This AMG factory deal for 2019 and onwards is our most risky one we have undertaken. We won't start looking for drivers until the 2018 season is underway."

Driver Gary Slater, who played an influential part in applying for the AMG factory deal said, "It's a big step for us. AMG have been a powerhouse in Formula 1 and we want to bring that expertise Stateside. This also means a big change in primary sponsorship for the #10 in 2019 once our Johnnie Walker deal expires. We'll still be keeping our Xbox/Forza car unchanged through 2018 and 19 as we have a 5 year deal from them. We've also got plans for a tertiary livery for the Triple Crown races in 2018 when we debut the speedway aero kits."

Car: Ecurie Ecosse-Ford #10 Gary Slater
Primary Sponsor: Johnnie Walker Black Label
Secondary Sponsor: Turn 10 Studios
Tertiary Sponsor: TBC
Associate Sponsors: TBC

Last edited:
In-Character Comments on Shanghai and the upcoming races will be posted when the videos come out.

My out-of-character reaction to my driver getting his first win on a road-course and leading the points after three races?

1315852713500.jpg

Well I guess I will confirm 2 cars again for next season.
Care to reserve car numbers?
I'll have a full release coming this evening.
Mars has quite the long day cycle.
Ahmed's Choice on Going Full Time will be included with his Team Owner's Statement coming this week.
Didn't realize you had much choice without Swift Autosport securing Polaris' excess entry.
Ecurie Ecosse has confirmed in a press conference that they will be running Ford engines for the 2018 VRR STICS season on a one year deal following the departure of Audi from the series. Team principal Steven McTavish stated "Our deal with Ford for 2018 is something we felt could help best take us forward ahead of our big plans for 2019." The team also confirmed that their primary sponsors from Johnnie Walker, Baxters, Chivas Regal, Tennent's, Schuh and ARR Craib would see out their deals to the end of 2018.

McTavish then revealed to the media they have formally applied to VRR to become a 2 car factory team with Mercedes-AMG. McTavish said "AMG has shown a lot of interest in Indycar but couldn't make any moves because Audi had the German engine side on lockdown. This AMG factory deal for 2019 and onwards is our most risky one we have undertaken. We won't start looking for drivers until the 2018 season is underway."

Driver Gary Slater, who played an influential part in applying for the AMG factory deal said, "It's a big step for us. AMG have been a powerhouse in Formula 1 and we want to bring that expertise Stateside. This also means a big change in primary sponsorship for the #10 in 2019 once our Johnnie Walker deal expires. We'll still be keeping our Xbox/Forza car unchanged through 2018 and 19 as we have a 5 year deal from them. We've also got plans for a tertiary livery for the Triple Crown races in 2018 when we debut the speedway aero kits."

Primary
Primary Sponsor: Johnnie Walker Black Label
Secondary Sponsor: Chiva's Regal
Tertiary Sponsor: Tennent's
Associate Sponsor #1: Baxters
Associate Sponsor #2: ARR Craib
Associate Sponsor #3: Schuh

Secondary

Primary Sponsor: Turn 10 Studios
Secondary Sponsor: Forza Motorsport 6
Tertiary Sponsor: Playground Games
Associate Sponsor #1: Forza Horizon 3
Associate Sponsor #2: Microsoft
Associate Sponsor #3: Xbox One

Tertiary TBC
You don't need to fill out sheets for each livery. Primary through Tertiary already tell me what your main scheme sponsors will be.

Do not trust the blue bird. It will only bring despair. :lol:

*NOTE: I apologize in advance if I put down a sponsor you already have, I don't have a master list. Also, if you see one here that is OK and think "OOOOO, I want them as my main!" Let me know, I'm sure we can work something out...Except Dublin, y'all can back off that one.

Car: #79-B.K.Glover
Primary Sponsor: The Y
Secondary Sponsor: Dublin Bottling Works
Tertiary Sponsor: Lenovo
Associate Sponsor #1: Craftsman Tools
Associate Sponsor #2: Wrangler Jeans
Associate Sponsor #3: Whataburger
Associate Sponsor #4: Chevron (Delo specifically)
Associate Sponsor #5: International Truck
Associate Sponsor #6: Energizer Batteries
Associate Sponsor #7: A-1 Steak Sauce (owned by Kraft)
Associate Sponsor #8: New Japan Pro Wrestling

Last edited:
Eva
You didn't own the team to begin with. Jahgee and DurWinning did. Niku has filed to start his own team for you two.

I didn't? Guess I was mistaken. Ok, sure thing.

Well as long as you can still afford to have a car in your name and know when to post from time to time, I'm fine with the "silence delays". Dude, I went to university, I know a thing or two about being busy with education. :lol:

Joke aside, if you're still fine with being my teammate, you're more than welcome to join. 👍
Running a team as a Larry Loner driver isn't my style anyways, especially not in series where teams are so many and so large. Don't worry, we'll still be TCU at spirit... or at least at language. :lol:

University with internship consumes triple your time, trust me. :lol:

Of course I want to be your teammate, why I wouldn't?! :lol:

University with internship consumes triple your time, trust me. :lol:

Of course I want to be your teammate, why I wouldn't?! :lol:

I'll believe ya, I just don't have the internship experience to show that I know such... :lol:

Also, it's actually "why wouldn't I?", buuut let's leave the Grammar Cop job to those who love it. :sly: :lol:

Eva
You don't need to fill out sheets for each livery. Primary through Tertiary already tell me what your main scheme sponsors will be.

Amendments made. Tertiary and associates are TBC.

Eva
Sorry for double post, but for those interested in stating or sending their sponsorship details to me now, here's an easy to use template:
Car: Driver
Primary Sponsor:
Secondary Sponsor:
Tertiary Sponsor:
Associate Sponsor #1:
Associate Sponsor #2:
Associate Sponsor #3:
Associate Sponsor #4:
Associate Sponsor #5:
Associate Sponsor #6:
Associate Sponsor #7:
Associate Sponsor #8:

Is this for owner/drivers, drivers with existing rides or drivers looking to start a new team?

Car: #55 - Ryan Perlstein
Primary Sponsor: Amazon.com
Secondary Sponsor: Sabaton (Nuclear Blast Records)
Tertiary Sponsor: Novitec
Associate Sponsor #1: Fiat Professional
Associate Sponsor #2: Kansas City Southern
Associate Sponsor #3: APL *American Pacific Lines*
Associate Sponsor #4: Cadbury
Associate Sponsor #5: Canada Dry
Associate Sponsor #6: Corgi
Associate Sponsor #7: Costco
Associate Sponsor #8: CNBC

If there were Gmax sources available for them I could attempt to mod it lol. I mean, the animated bits are separate from the car model itself it seems.

Hate to reverse a decision, but we will not be using the speedway aero kits. I will explain more in a detailed statement Thursday or Friday. It's a part of the change to the amount of allowed full time entries.

Eva
It is for drivers confirmed for 2018.

If I'm confirmed for 2018, send me a PM. If not...?

Eva
Hate to reverse a decision, but we will not be using the speedway aero kits. I will explain more in a detailed statement Thursday or Friday. It's a part of the change to the amount of allowed full time entries.

Is the tertiary sponsorships plan still going to happen though?

If I'm confirmed for 2018, send me a PM. If not...?

Is the tertiary sponsorships plan still going to happen though?
Tertiary scheme is still happening, and yes you are still on my team for 2018 for as far as I know.

Back