[VRR][B-SPEC] 2017 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 1,040 comments

What Sponsor Would You Want For 2018-2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For real? Okay I love what you do to make your series as good as possible but that's a bit over the top. We love you too but my thought would be premium here is enough if money is to be spent.
I'd probably give people a choice between a die-cast and GTPlanet premium then, but yes I am being serious.

Continuing on from the discussion yesterday, Indy 500 champions beginning this year will have the choice of a year of GTP premium and a 1:64 or 1:43 IndyCar die-cast. VRR IndyCar World Champions will have a choice of 1:18 IndyCar die-cast and a year of GTP premium as well. The 2016 Indy 500 Champion @Aesthetics and IndyCar World Champion @amaterasu will get GTP premium later this summer.

I have no idea what contacts you found that allow for such a thing Angel, but this scale model thing is certainly a first in GTP. B-spec series, online racing, you name it, but that's certainly a first...
I haven't found a way to make the VRR IndyCars as die casts. That would be wicked.

Not sure I need any more Indycar die-casts given I already have three 1:18 cars from Toronto. Premium seems a more tempting "prize" even though I still have no chance in hell of getting the title or the 500 this season.

I'm stunned. That's a massively cool thing for you to do 👍

That would probably be a good incentive to strive to create a more dynamic/visually distinct liveries...

Dunno if that's a good thing or a bad one... Depending on who would make the darn things, he/she could think people are making overly-complex liveries out of spite just to look pretty, haha. :lol:
Still, it would certainly be something pro painters would strive for, no doubt about that. It's the B-Spec equivalent of baking your cake and having a slice of it...

Eva
I haven't found a way to make the VRR IndyCars as die casts. That would be wicked.

Wicked indeed, but it'd take one hell of an effort to find a willing partner. I'm not saying you can't put forth said effort, good lord, but it's not like one can dial Greenlight and ask for permission right away...

Still, it's tremendous that you're even thinking of die-cast cars as prizes for a B-Spec series in the first place. Like I said, it's certainly a first... Not having Premium right would make the choice difficult for me, but the lack of space for large scale models helps a bit. I'd rather just win Indy for a scale model, because then I could downsize and make my life easier (talk about things you never thought you'd be saying). :lol:

As much as my shot at either the title or 500 is abit on the slim side (Despite the pace and finishes actually being better), I think one look under my name pretty much should tell which I'll take should that even happen ;)

Got a big ol' desk and little to nothing on it...

Dunno if that's a good thing or a bad one... Depending on who would make the darn things, he/she could think people are making overly-complex liveries out of spite just to look pretty, haha. :lol:
Still, it would certainly be something pro painters would strive for, no doubt about that. It's the B-Spec equivalent of baking your cake and having a slice of it...
I wasn't suggesting that the livery rules get changed or anything like that. I was thinking more along the lines of your second line: Having a die cast of a car you spent who knows how many hours in GIMP doing up would be a nice incentive for painters to go an extra mile to make their cars, maybe not more detailed, but more realistic without going crazy IMO.

Again, just the idea that a VRR member could get a die cast from this is reason enough to get involved IMO.

Eva
Continuing on from the discussion yesterday, Indy 500 champions beginning this year will have the choice of a year of GTP premium and a 1:64 or 1:43 IndyCar die-cast. VRR IndyCar World Champions will have a choice of 1:18 IndyCar die-cast and a year of GTP premium as well. The 2016 Indy 500 Champion @Aesthetics and IndyCar World Champion @amaterasu will get GTP premium later this summer.

I haven't checked on this series in over a year, so to see that i'm a champion and also getting premium is a huge surprise. 👍

I haven't checked on this series in over a year, so to see that i'm a champion and also getting premium is a huge surprise. 👍
You aren't a series champion. But you won the Indianapolis 500.

The future of Stefan Montana:

Although Stefan Montana won in this series, his contract status for 2018 is still up in the air. Montana is battling personal problems he's kept quiet for now. He will discuss his issues at a later date. For now, Montana enjoys racing but not as much these days and rumors have spread he may lose his Havoline deal. Other sponsors are interested to sign Montana next year. Regarding his current team, Montana remains in good terms.

Working on editing a bunch of race videos. Commentary crew still trying to figure out how they are going to do Indy, but it shouldn't be too long of a wait until Kentucky and Shanghai are published.

... So how are those race videos coming along @Eva ?
I was wondering the same thing about 3 hours ago.
As far as editing goes, Indy is done. The problem hasn't been with editing. It's been with figuring out when the commentary can be recorded. @nascarfan1400 has the Kentucky race, so it's on him as to why it hasn't been uploaded yet. Patience I think is key at the moment. Once we get the commentary situation figured out, races will start coming out weekly until we get caught up. The issue, as I stated before, is figuring out when that will happen.

Also, a bit of a content dump, but for those intending on making backgrounds for their drivers, here's what exists in VRR Canon.
Series Formally Recognized In VRR Canon (real life counterpart in parentheses)​
VRR Vodafone IndyCar World Series (IndyCar)
VRR Toshiba Indy Lights Series (Indy Lights)
VRR Rolex GT Endurance Championship (Blancpain)
FICA Formula One World Championship (F1)
FICA Formula One-E World Championship (FE)
FICA Formula Two World Championship (F2)
FICA Formula Three World Championship (F3)
FICA International Endurance Championship (WEC)
FICA Superbike World Championship (WSBK)
FICA International Rally Championship (WRC)
FICA International Rallycross Championship (GRC)
FICA International Supercross Championship
NARC United States Stock Car Series (NASCAR MENCS)
NARC Canadian Stock Car Series (NASCAR Pinty's Series)
NARC Mexican Stock Car Series (NASCAR Mexico)
NARC Continental Supercross Championship
NARC North American Endurance Championship (WTUSC)
NARC Continental Superbike Championship
NARC Formula Four Championship
WKF World Karting Championship
WKF North American Karting Championship
WKF South American Karting Championship
WKF European Karting Championship
WKF Asian Karting Championship
WKF Oceanian Karting Championship
WKF African Karting Championship
ERC German Stock Car Championship (DTM)
ERC British Touring Car Championship (BTCC)
ERC European Endurance Championship (ELMS)
ERC European Fiat 500 Championship
ERC Renault Sport Trophy Series
ERC European Superbike Championship
ERC Formula Four Championship
RFAO Asian GT Championship (Super GT)
RFAO Hisense Supercars Series (VASC)
RFAO Asian Fiat 500 Championship
RFAO Asian Superbike Championship
RFAO V8GP Championship (Super Formula)
RFAO V6GP Championship
RFAO Formula Four Championship
ASA Brazilian Stock Car Championship (Stock Car Brasil)
ASA Argentine Stock Car Championship (Turismo Carreterra)
ASA South American Supercross Championship
ASA South American Superbike Championship
ASA Formula Four Championship
List of Sanctioning Bodies in VRR Canon​
Virtual Reality Racing (VRR)
Federation Internationale Course d'Artificielle (FICA)
North American Racing Confederation (NARC)
World Karting Federation (WKF)
European Racing Commission (ERC)
Racing Federation of Asia and Oceania (RFAO)
Asociacion Sudamericana de Automovilismo (ASA)

Eva
Also, a bit of a content dump, but for those intending on making backgrounds for their drivers, here's what exists in VRR Canon.
Series Formally Recognized In VRR Canon (real life counterpart in parentheses)​
VRR Vodafone IndyCar World Series (IndyCar)
VRR Toshiba Indy Lights Series (Indy Lights)
VRR Rolex GT Endurance Championship (Blancpain)
FICA Formula One World Championship (F1)
FICA Formula One-E World Championship (FE)
FICA Formula Two World Championship (F2)
FICA Formula Three World Championship (F3)
FICA International Endurance Championship (WEC)
FICA Superbike World Championship (WSBK)
FICA International Rally Championship (WRC)
FICA International Rallycross Championship (GRC)
FICA International Supercross Championship
NARC United States Stock Car Series (NASCAR MENCS)
NARC Canadian Stock Car Series (NASCAR Pinty's Series)
NARC Mexican Stock Car Series (NASCAR Mexico)
NARC Continental Supercross Championship
NARC North American Endurance Championship (WTUSC)
NARC Continental Superbike Championship
NARC Formula Four Championship
WKF World Karting Championship
WKF North American Karting Championship
WKF South American Karting Championship
WKF European Karting Championship
WKF Asian Karting Championship
WKF Oceanian Karting Championship
WKF African Karting Championship
ERC German Stock Car Championship (DTM)
ERC British Touring Car Championship (BTCC)
ERC European Endurance Championship (ELMS)
ERC European Fiat 500 Championship
ERC Renault Sport Trophy Series
ERC European Superbike Championship
ERC Formula Four Championship
RFAO Asian GT Championship (Super GT)
RFAO Hisense Supercars Series (VASC)
RFAO Asian Fiat 500 Championship
RFAO Asian Superbike Championship
RFAO V8GP Championship (Super Formula)
RFAO V6GP Championship
RFAO Formula Four Championship
ASA Brazilian Stock Car Championship (Stock Car Brasil)
ASA Argentine Stock Car Championship (Turismo Carreterra)
ASA South American Supercross Championship
ASA South American Superbike Championship
ASA Formula Four Championship
List of Sanctioning Bodies in VRR Canon​
Virtual Reality Racing (VRR)
Federation Internationale Course d'Artificielle (FICA)
North American Racing Confederation (NARC)
World Karting Federation (WKF)
European Racing Commission (ERC)
Racing Federation of Asia and Oceania (RFAO)
Asociacion Sudamericana de Automovilismo (ASA)

So, can I update my driver biographies to reflect the new VRR canon?

Update: Indy editing is halfway done. Should be sent to commentators this weekend.
To the 2016 series champion and Indy 500 winner, expect premium on August 1st or around that date.

Current 2018 VRR Vodafone IndyCar Series Teams and Drivers​
Apex Racing-Ford*
#97: Ronald Walker (NZL) (R)/Elf/Total/Rip Curl
Big Blue Motorsports-Chevrolet
#90: Mark Santos (USA)/TBD/TBD/TBD
Black Rose Racing-Ferrari
#7: Patrick Marcelli (ITA)/GoDaddy/Jack Daniel's/Coca-Cola
#8: Steven Gnash (CAN)/Mello Yello/Apple/Coca-Cola
#9: Michael White (USA)/Bambi/Duracell/Coca-Cola
#23: E.C. Gadget (ENG) (R)/British Airways
#81: Nicole Liechti (SUI)/TE Connectivity/Tide/Coca-Cola
Cat Devil Racing-Ferrari
#16: Nii Aryeetey (USA)/Okuma Corporation/Arby's/Wrigley's
#17: Kaylee Zappa (ITA)/GoPro/Mountain Dew/Oakley
#18: Kunimitsu Kino****a (JPN)/Sony/Okuma Corporation/Nikon
#19: Camyron Jackson (USA)/GameStop/Sony/Pepsi
Cherokee GP-Alpine
#33: Behrris Windross (USA)/Petronas/LG/Planters
#96: Ronald Hahn (DEU) (R)/NOS Energy/Allianz/Gulf Oil
Crystal Cove Racing-Ford
#21: Natalia Kirichenko (RUS) (R)/SMP Racing/A&W/Heinz
#56: Robert Granger (CAN) (R)/Pinty's/Molson Canadian/Hidden Valley
Ecurie Ecosse-Ford
#10: Gary Slater (SCO)/Johnnie Walker/Turn 10 Studios/Twitch
Eiffel Tower Racing-Alpine
#67: Jamie Ngaire-Jardine (NZL)/Boost Mobile/Pirtek/Fujitsu
#80: Astrid Krane (NOR) (R)/Bass Pro Shops/Red Bull/Old Spice
Equipa Chama Transatlantica-Chevrolet
#30: Matheus Michelin (BRA)/Superchips
#76: Nico Costa-Monteiro (POR)/Burger King/Namco Bandai/Royal Purple
Escuderia Aguila-Honda
#24: Miguel Espinoza (ARG)/Brembo/Nike/General Electric
#48: Cristine Espinoza (ARG)/The Aroma Cafe/Miller Lite/Nationwide
Highlight Racing-Honda
#35: Michael Stevens (USA) (R)/TBD/TBD/TBD
#78: Simona Leroux (SUI) (R)/Nuclear Clean Air Energy/Energizer/Oreo
Perl Speed GP-Ferrari
#55: Ryan Perlstein (USA)/Amazon/Sabaton/Novitec
Phantom Motorsports-Honda
#13: Andrew Draco (USA)/Adidas/Valvoline/In-N-Out Burger
#31: TBD (TBD)/Domino's Pizza/Pilot Travel Centers/Western Union
Rainbow Road Racing-Honda
#64: Kevin Ritter (AUS)/TBD/TBD/TBD
Scuderia Rabia Furiosa-Chevrolet
#11: Alex Rivera (LUX)/Target/T-Mobile/K&N
Starion Motorsports-Ford
#43: Ray Taylor (CAN)/Lego/National Geographic/Folgers
#79: B.K. Glover (USA)/The Y/Dublin Bottling Works/Lenovo
Striker Motorsports-Chevrolet
#TBD: Diego Jaramillo (ESP)/TBD/TBD/TBD
#22: Jacob Descoteau (USA)/Chick-Fil-A/Raybrig/San Pellegrino
#84: Stephanie Porter-Kelley (BIH)/Alienware/Subway/Bethesda
Vodafone Racing Team Impulse-Alpine
#2: Thomas Rogers (USA)/Vodafone/Panasonic/Castrol Edge
#3: Sakura Ishibashi (JPN)/Vodafone/Samsung/Dairy Queen
#6: Tyler Parker (USA) (R)/Vodafone/TAG Heuer/Eli Lilly Pharmaceuticals
#12: William Manor (ENG)/Vodafone/Deutsch Post/Shell

Unconfirmed Teams
Sovereign Motorsports
Swift Autosport
Team Kate Upton

Unconfirmed Drivers
Aaron van der Linden (CAN)
Alan Herrera (MEX)
Hugo Del Prete (USA)
Jerome Torres (PHI)
Jordan Fisher (USA)
Matthew Evans (USA)
Mohammad Ahmed (PAK)
Pedro Harsk (POR)
Simon Bell (SCO)
Stefan Montana (USA)

TAGS: @LITTLEBLACKO @ukfan758 @Formidable @Aesthetics @Whitetail @ECGadget @GranTurismo916 @quietgirl @KuniKino****a @RACECAR @NearCptNitro @Clayton Hardy @AudiMan2011 @PinkKitty13 @nascarfan1400 @Michelin @Niku Driver HC @catamount39 @Kingofweasles @DcrRaikkonen @Eh Team @BKGlover @Suzumiya @GTRacer22 @amaterasu @tbwhhs @Sakura @Zooparker @Pezzarinho17 @YayoiGT2 @swiftsmith @DurWinning @Smurfybug @aarror @Ph1sher @AJHG1000 @optiongamers @RESHIRAM5 @Antares26 @Luis Torres

2018 season calendar to be revealed on Saturday, July 15th with the opening of the 2018 season thread. Kentucky and Shanghai race videos will be made public on that day as well.

Eva
Phantom Motorsports-Honda
#13: Andrew Draco (USA)/Adidas/Valvoline/In-N-Out Burger
#31: TBD (TBD)/Domino's Pizza/Pilot Travel Centers/Western Union

Well 🤬, the cat's out of the bag now... Might as well comment on it in-character, with the following official announcement having taken place on the Friday night before the Molson Indy Toronto (6/9/17).

Roger Milner: Alright, well, a lot of paddock insiders were betting on you starting up an Indycar team at some point down the line, but I'm not sure anybody in their right mind would've guessed that Phantom Motors would be making a move to have two full-time, fully-funded cars with the arguably the hottest driver in VRR right now as your lead guy going into 2018.

Jean-Claude Gabriel: It's pretty amazing when you stop to think about it, yes... But everything is coming together quite smoothly and we're all looking forward to the challenge this presents for us as a team.

RM: Now I know you just got done with your presentation up on the stage behind us, but could you talk for just a little bit about what exactly happened to get the ball rolling for this?

J-CG: Honestly Roger, I would have to thank Evangeline Porter for the genesis of all of this.

RM: You serious? I know you ripped her a new one over the IEC announcement.

J-CG: Well, with the grants that VRR are giving out for new teams for 2018 and Honda offering a sizable discount for their entrants for next season, it made a great deal of financial sense to start up a team. Not only that, most of the sponsors on Andrew's car were able to come on board from our IEC outfit with little trouble.

RM: Was the second car unplanned then?

J-CG: Originally the #31 was going to be part-time and carry Adidas branding only, with Domino's on the #13 for the balance of the season. But with all of the uncertainty surrounding quite a few teams, we were able to get some top guys and girls from around Indycar to make a second full-time car possible without having to cannibalize personnel from either the IEC team or Indy Lights effort.

RM: Speaking about Indy Lights, any chance that David Wessel or Katherine Hart could find their way into an Indycar soon?

J-CG: Well, if either of them can win the championship this year I would be honored to run Dave or Kat in a third car at select races, but Phantom Motorsports doesn't have the the money or the people to run more than two Indycars at the moment.

RM: Could that have changed if Honda wasn't able get some teams to run their engines? Because for a while there it looked like they were going only have one car on the grid and everybody was looking at the possibility of them bowing out and taking the title sponsorship from six or seven races with them.

J-CG: Absolutely. If Honda needed us to run three or four cars, we would've went through the hoops of getting the spares, equipment and people needed to do that. Thankfully, with the Espinozas making a return and Highlight Racing forming, that wasn't necessary.

RM: On the subject of extra cars, you feel like Honda is at a disadvantage without having a big multi-car team leading the way, even without them having regularly scheduled update packages?

J-CG: Well, I'm not going to sugar-coat it and say that the thought hasn't crossed my mind, but ultimately I want Phantom Motorsports to become a leading team in Indycar.

RM: OK Brother, I know you're a busy guy and have a lot schmoozing left to do, so I'll ask just one last question: When are we going to see you behind the wheel of one of these bad boys? Because you do have that second car open...

J-CG: *Laughs* Well to be frank, the current car is a little out of my league at the moment... Put it another way, I wouldn't mind doing a test on a road course with it, but after talking with Andrew I don't think I have the courage to drive an HV17 on an oval just yet.

RM: And your open seat?

J-CG: Well, we're talking to a couple of people but ideally, I would like a race-winner or someone with race-winning potential in the #31.

RM: Alright, I'll let you go. Take it easy, will ya?

*Jean-Claude Gabriel waves to the camera before heading over to a group guests out of frame*

~~~

Roger Milner: OK, so this was one of the worst-kept secrets in the VRR Indycar paddock, but this announcement ends up dropping a bombshell that might just make this the craziest silly season VRR has ever had because of this guy, Andy Draco, standing right next to me.

*"Andy" Draco gives a quick wave to camera with a smirk on his face*

RM: Kid, you've got to be either the smartest guy in the room or one of the most certifiably insane drivers I've had the pleasure of talking to, because I can't think of anybody walking away from a powerhouse team like Black Rose to a start-up job like this, especially right in the middle of the kind of season you're having.

Andrew Draco: *Chuckles* Ah come on Roger, you should know by now that the pleasure's all mine... To be honest with you, when Gabe (Jean-Claude Gabriel) first called me about this I hung up on him because I thought it was one of my friends trying to wind me up with a prank or something.

RM: And how much trouble did that land you in?

AD: Not as much as I though it would've, actually; It has been happening a lot more than most people would think... But the day after Indy I got the call again and decided to listen in and what do you know, it's Jean and he's serious about this so I meet up with him in Vancouver on Thursday night and we hashed out the deal over dinner.

RM: And here we are with two cars behind us covered in big-money logos nobody in VRR would've expected to see.

AD: Well, I am the kind of guy that won't endorse a product unless I believe in it 100%... *Smiles*

RM: And that's another reason why fans are starting to like you kid. But serious talk now, what's the logic behind this move though? Because it looked like from the outside that you and Black Rose were really starting to gel, you got your first couple of wins and were running faster than any of the other Ferraris on the ovals.

AD: Yeah, that's true. But to make a long story short, my contract was up at the end of the year and for whatever reason Eva (Evangeline Porter) and I couldn't come to terms right away. We were working on it up until practice for Indy started... Well, I'm not going to name names, but somebody over both of our heads thought it would be easier to just cut me loose and put someone else in the car for 2018.

RM: Gosh, that's got to be a tough pill to swallow.

AD: *Shrugs* It is. But I know Eva tried hard to keep this from happening and I have to commend her for that. As for me... I'm not going to lie to you, I was having some late nights thinking about whether going to see Jean about this was the right decision to make. Not just for me or my ego or even my bank account, but because let's face it: Eva was the one who took a chance on some no-name, washed-up never-will-be that everybody else in the paddock thought I was when I jumped at running in the 2015 VRR Indy 500.

RM: So it sounds like that despite what happened, you're leaving on good terms then?

AD: I would like to think so. Besides, were not quite halfway through the year yet and I want to win the title this season as thanks for everybody on the Black Rose Racing Team for sticking with me and putting up with all of the crap I can't help myself doing sometimes.

RM: Sounds like a good plan brother. Just one last thing before I cut you loose: How are you looking into next year, going from a season like this to running Hondas?

AD: Well, if talking to Jean is anything to go by I don't think there's a single member of the Phantom Motorsports team that isn't aware of the kind of struggle next year is going to be, especially by the midway point of the year when everybody else will be rolling out new aero packages and upgraded engines... Hell, if I can sneak a lucky win or something early in the season on an oval I'll be happy with whatever 2018 holds because the Ferraris are just going to get stronger from next year, let alone the other companies stepping into the series.

RM: You think the Honda can hang tough on the ovals next year?

AD: *Nods* I would get into it a little further but I can see Gabe motioning me over.

RM: Well you have it here folks, I'm Roger Milner from Racing.com in Toronto on a big night for new team, with our practice & qualifying round-up sometime tomorrow so keep watching.

*Andrew Draco slaps Roger Milner on the back before casually walking out of the frame as the video fades to black*

The most successful team in Indianapolis 500 history will be returning to compete in the 2018 VRR Vodafone IndyCar Series. Within the family run team will be two of the most successful open wheel drivers in the last 30 years. Miguel Espinoza, who will be 46 when the green flag drops in Calder Park, will be the oldest starter in the series. The 2002 Formula One World Champion has won the Indianapolis 500 a record tying five times, and has spent the last decade running in various GT series. The second car will be run by 31 year old sister, the four time Indy 500 winner and two time IRG IndyCar World Champion Cristine Espinoza. Escuderia Aguila will be running Honda power, as they have since 1981. While no one from the team was immediately available for comment, the team did confirm that their appearance on the entry list was legitimate, showcasing two blank IndyCar chassis in the midst of being put together for a test likely at the Autodromo Oscar Alfredo Galvez in Buenos Aires.

Note: Escuderia Aguila, Highlight Racing, and Crystal Cove Racing are autonomous teams meant to advance VRR Canon. Escuderia Aguila has 27 Indy 500 wins, while Highlight Racing has 26 wins at the 500.

Alpine has leaped Ferrari in terms of raw pace, according to officials at the Bahrain International Circuit on Wednesday. The officials confirmed that Alpine and Ferrari were using the circuit simultaneously, testing both the 2018 V8 engines and the ultrahard Pirelli tires set to be introduced in the next season. Alpine set a lap almost 3 tenths faster than Ferrari. Astrid Krane, who is set to replace Sebastian Devereux at Eiffel Tower Racing next year, set the fastest Alpine lap, while Evangeline Porter set the fastest Ferrari lap, outpacing her protégé Nicole Liechti.

If the races are done, could they perhaps be released now or whenever they're completed instead of having to wait for commentary and Sunday? I feel like it's just so much work that's piling up and getting overwhelming, especially with 2018 preparations also under way.

Please don't take this as an insult @Eva , I think you're doing a great job, I would never be able to run this (heck, I didn't even know how to use the livery editor :lol:)

If the races are done, could they perhaps be released now or whenever they're completed instead of having to wait for commentary and Sunday? I feel like it's just so much work that's piling up and getting overwhelming, especially with 2018 preparations also under way.

Please don't take this as an insult @Eva , I think you're doing a great job, I would never be able to run this (heck, I didn't even know how to use the livery editor :lol:)
That is being considered. The issue with Indy is finishing touches. Shanghai and Kentucky will both be up and ready by Sunday, the 16th, and the thread for 2018 will also open then since I have stuff going on all day Saturday. There's a lot of races either done or nearly done. And I've given the commentary crew to the end of the month to figure out something before I just start uploading the races without commentary.

While I was studying the list of unknowns, I just realized the title sponsor has been decided.

Eva
The most successful team in Indianapolis 500 history will be returning to compete in the 2018 VRR Vodafone IndyCar Series. Within the family run team will be two of the most successful open wheel drivers in the last 30 years. Miguel Espinoza, who will be 46 when the green flag drops in Calder Park, will be the oldest starter in the series. The 2002 Formula One World Champion has won the Indianapolis 500 a record tying five times, and has spent the last decade running in various GT series. The second car will be run by 31 year old sister, the four time Indy 500 winner and two time IRG IndyCar World Champion Cristine Espinoza. Escuderia Aguila will be running Honda power, as they have since 1981. While no one from the team was immediately available for comment, the team did confirm that their appearance on the entry list was legitimate, showcasing two blank IndyCar chassis in the midst of being put together for a test likely at the Autodromo Oscar Alfredo Galvez in Buenos Aires.

Note: Escuderia Aguila, Highlight Racing, and Crystal Cove Racing are autonomous teams meant to advance VRR Canon. Escuderia Aguila has 27 Indy 500 wins, while Highlight Racing has 26 wins at the 500.
Welp...

Alpine has leaped Ferrari in terms of raw pace, according to officials at the Bahrain International Circuit on Wednesday. The officials confirmed that Alpine and Ferrari were using the circuit simultaneously, testing both the 2018 V8 engines and the ultrahard Pirelli tires set to be introduced in the next season. Alpine set a lap almost 3 tenths faster than Ferrari. Astrid Krane, who is set to replace Sebastian Devereux at Eiffel Tower Racing next year, set the fastest Alpine lap, while Evangeline Porter set the fastest Ferrari lap, outpacing her protégé Nicole Liechti.

... 🤬

While I was studying the list of unknowns, I just realized the title sponsor has been decided.

Welp...

... 🤬
Title sponsor for the series was determined before the poll for it even went up. The poll was a gauge for what everyone else liked. And the final logo is slightly different than the demo that was displayed.

Back