VRR Coca-Cola IndyCar Series--Round 09 at Sugo on 11 August 2018PS4 

• Thread starter Eva
  • 167 comments

Should Races Have Tuning Enabled?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Will the Sprint Series be held around the same time schedules as Indycar: Saturdays, 4pm EST? Was thinking of joining that, or is the pCARS 2 stuff getting canned?

Will the Sprint Series be held around the same time schedules as Indycar: Saturdays, 4pm EST? Was thinking of joining that, or is the pCARS 2 stuff getting canned?
I'm still running stuff on PC2. The Sprint schedule needs adjusted because it clashes with VRR Endurance.

So today is the test, what time will the lobby open?
No idea. Been losing drivers here because of GT Sport. All depends on who all is on later this evening.

Looking at the time, with the recent change in clocks, I'll have to pull out. It's a shame as was looking forward to this. :(

Wait. I might be saved by the American change of clocks.

Last edited:
Not sure if the race is going ahead this weekend but I'd definitely be interested if it is
Currently looking for more people before it goes forward.

@FutureF1 @nascarfan1400 @Leadfoot530 @Whitetail @DcrRaikkonen @Ax4xGearHead @introsp3ctive @FireEmblem10 @GTRacer22 @jake2013guy @catamount39 @DGTR Surprise, IndyCar is back! Some things to cover in short to see who all is willing to sign up.
1) No tuning for S1. most of the field will likely be new to the game and it wouldn't be fair to have the same three people on the podium all season.
2) Updated calendar in the OP.
3) Aiming at as much authenticity as possible. Manual formation laps, pit stops, and cool down laps.
4) Weather will be realistic. I'll be using actual weather forecasts to determine weather progression for the races.
5) Currently looking for a race director that will be operating through one of the extra slots given through broadcaster mode.
6) Saturday evenings are still the plan. Lobby opens for warm up at 4:30 p.m. Eastern, 10 minutes for a qualifying shootout, and then the race.

Registration is open. Drivers signed up previously can keep their old details if they so choose.

Cat Devil Racing-Honda
#98: GTP_RACECAR (USA)Napa

Eva

Lets say "Approval pending" :lol:

Tryin to keep the VRR tradition of having a Cat Devil Racing team on the same track as Black Rose Racing. Get the feeling though that much like B-spec, Indy might be my best chance.

PSN ID: WeatherSystems
Nation: USA
Team Name:
Genki Racing Project
Car Number: #14 (Sato)
Primary Sponsor on Livery: ABC Supply Co.

Updated entry list. Currently 10 full time entries confirmed.

PSN ID: RacingAtHome
Nation: UK
Team Name: Wilson Racing with Dale Coyne Racing (WR/DCR for short)
Car Number: #19
Primary Sponsor on Livery: Boy Scouts of America

Last edited:
Fixed. Also, didn't add the DCR part of the team name because of the fact that real life racing team names can't be used in VRR series. I know it isn't posted right now in this thread, but every other series has the same rule for it.

Eva
Fixed. Also, didn't add the DCR part of the team name because of the fact that real life racing team names can't be used in VRR series. I know it isn't posted right now in this thread, but every other series has the same rule for it.
In fairness, it was a bit long anyway. :P

@jake2013guy @FutureF1 @Chad151515 @Ax4xGearHead @GTRacer22 @nascarfan1400 @RACECAR @Soullock27 @Eh Team @FireEmblem10 @DcrRaikkonen A few points I want to make with this post.

1) For those that aren't on the VRR Discord, this new update refuses to load past the main menu for my primary account. So until that's fixed, please add AngelOfFire813 as that will be the account I'll be racing on Project CARS 2 with for the time being.
2) There's also a poll in this thread to determine whether or not tuning should be a thing or not and to what extent. Please let your voice be heard as I am starting to put the rulebook for this series together.
3) I am still looking for both a race director and race broadcaster for this series. I created a VRR_TV PSN account specifically for the purpose of streaming and recording VRR events.
4) As of right now, there are 12 drivers signed up for this series for the first season. I'm not quite to the point of allowing oval only entries, but with update improving the game in a lot of areas, things are finally feeling good. So I'll ask a few more people to see if they possibly want to join in either as a driver, or in the aforementioned roles of director and broadcaster. @WKK3 @introsp3ctive @catamount39 @Leadfoot530 @LITTLEBLACKO @Whitetail @rcb929

Back