VRR DHL Endurance Championship--Season Finale 27 April 2019

• Thread starter Eva
  • 262 comments
Screenshot_20190106-144609_PS Messages.jpg

@Angel, what is the likelihood of having a "practice" Safety Car deployment during the test session tomorrow? I feel that running through the procedure with respect to the current standings at the time would be beneficial for all of us to iron out any issues that may arise, especially the newcomers to the VRR organization.

@Angel, what is the likelihood of having a "practice" Safety Car deployment during the test session tomorrow? I feel that running through the procedure with respect to the current standings at the time would be beneficial for all of us to iron out any issues that may arise, especially the newcomers to the VRR organization.
It is fairly likely that we'll have at least one safety car period test tomorrow.

Hi @Eva

I am interested in doing some endurance racing, but I've never been involved in any VRR events before.
I've had a good read of all the rules and regs. and think I understand most of it, but I have a few questions.

Here's my take on things:
There is no limit to numbers joining, but it would come down to a pre-qualifying session as to who actually races (if more than 9 GT entries).
I must use either the Ferrari 458 Italia or Ford GT LM.
The car must follow the livery rules, and can only use Racing Soft tyres.
I should join in with the Test Session at Maggiore being held soon.

If that's all good so far, these are my questions:
I don't understand the Team thing. Do I just make up a team or do I ask to join an existing team? I'm unsure how this works.
I must use the Mileage Exchange to upgrade the car so as to adjust power and weight to the specified BoP?
Is tuning allowed?
I assume there is tyre wear and fuel consumption but have not been able to find any numbers.

I guess I have other questions but these are all I need to get started.
On the assumption I can at least enter and join VRR, I'll do a quick test of the 2 cars now so I can nominate which one I'll drive.

Cheers. :cheers:

Hi @Eva

I am interested in doing some endurance racing, but I've never been involved in any VRR events before.
I've had a good read of all the rules and regs. and think I understand most of it, but I have a few questions.

Here's my take on things:
There is no limit to numbers joining, but it would come down to a pre-qualifying session as to who actually races (if more than 9 GT entries).
I must use either the Ferrari 458 Italia or Ford GT LM.
The car must follow the livery rules, and can only use Racing Soft tyres.
I should join in with the Test Session at Maggiore being held soon.

I don't understand the Team thing. Do I just make up a team or do I ask to join an existing team? I'm unsure how this works.
I must use the Mileage Exchange to upgrade the car so as to adjust power and weight to the specified BoP?
Is tuning allowed?
I assume there is tyre wear and fuel consumption but have not been able to find any numbers.

I guess I have other questions but these are all I need to get started.
On the assumption I can at least enter and join VRR, I'll do a quick test of the 2 cars now so I can nominate which one I'll drive.

Cheers. :cheers:
You do have a good understanding on what's going on. There can be up to 18 GT Class entries, though only 9 can actually compete. There will be a pre-qualifying session directly before an event when necessary to determine the 9 GT Class entries. In events where there are 9 or less GT cars scheduled to compete, the pre-qualifying session will not be used.

You are permitted to use either the Ferrari or the Ford. From preliminary testing, both have been viewed favorably despite not having any current entries. All cars must adhere to the livery rules in the rulebook, and racing soft tires are the compound of choice for the entire series. The Test day in 3 hours is not mandatory, though it may be very helpful in figuring out relative pace to the rest of the grid and getting used to the P Class cars competing as well around you.

You must be a part of a team, even if that means you are the only driver for that team. You are very welcome to create a team name to field an entry, as long as it follows the rules. The Mileage points are pretty vital to getting the cars to proper performance regs. Tuning is open and welcomed, and tire wear and fuel consumption are both set to x1.

Is tuning allowed?

I'll answer these the best I can.

You do just make up your own team, as long as it's not a real life team (like IMPUL or GoodSmile Racing.) It's really just a way to add another layer of immersion to the experience that this kind of racing offers (along with it being easier to differentiate teams/drivers apart when creating post-race results tables and whatnot.) There is also a Teams' championship up for grabs.

You do have to use the Mileage Exchange points to upgrade the cars so you can adjust the power and weight.

Tuning is allowed, and highly encouraged.

There is indeed tire wear and fuel consumption, both are set at x1.

Eva
You do have a good understanding on what's going on. There can be up to 18 GT Class entries, though only 9 can actually compete. There will be a pre-qualifying session directly before an event when necessary to determine the 9 GT Class entries. In events where there are 9 or less GT cars scheduled to compete, the pre-qualifying session will not be used.

You are permitted to use either the Ferrari or the Ford. From preliminary testing, both have been viewed favorably despite not having any current entries. All cars must adhere to the livery rules in the rulebook, and racing soft tires are the compound of choice for the entire series. The Test day in 3 hours is not mandatory, though it may be very helpful in figuring out relative pace to the rest of the grid and getting used to the P Class cars competing as well around you.

You must be a part of a team, even if that means you are the only driver for that team. You are very welcome to create a team name to field an entry, as long as it follows the rules. The Mileage points are pretty vital to getting the cars to proper performance regs. Tuning is open and welcomed, and tire wear and fuel consumption are both set to x1.
I'll answer these the best I can.

You do just make up your own team, as long as it's not a real life team (like IMPUL or GoodSmile Racing.) It's really just a way to add another layer of immersion to the experience that this kind of racing offers (along with it being easier to differentiate teams/drivers apart when creating post-race results tables and whatnot.) There is also a Teams' championship up for grabs.

You do have to use the Mileage Exchange points to upgrade the cars so you can adjust the power and weight.

Tuning is allowed, and highly encouraged.

There is indeed tire wear and fuel consumption, both are set at x1.
This, my fellow drivers, is what we call a majestic sequoia.

@Tassie_tiger alternatively, you could join an existing team if there is space. I think there's a Porsche team still looking for a driver but I my be behind on the news.
To my knowledge that team is still trying to fill the vacancy. I haven't heard otherwise.

Test lobby is open. Will be open until 4 p.m. Eastern U.S. time.

Cheers everyone.

I think I'll be going with the Ford.
I don't have an artistic bone in my body so liveries aren't my thing.
But at this stage I've at least painted it and (I believe) applied all the required bits and pieces. :lol:

Cheers everyone.

But at this stage I've at least painted it and (I believe) applied all the required bits and pieces. :lol:
Full livery requirements aren't being enforced for the test.

Cheers everyone.

Send me a PM, ill be more than happy to make you a livery if you like.

BTW, Good test today guys, looking forward to Fuji with Black Rose Racing

20190111210141.jpg

Cool.

I wouldn't mind jumping into the lobby to see if I'm horribly laggy and/or horribly slow. :)
Ummm, friends only?
If you are still interested in racing, I will need you to fill out the following stuff, please and thank you.
PSN ID:
Nation:
Car Number:
Team:
Car:
Tyre supplier:
Primary Sponsor:
PSN ID: IPsykoZz
Nation: Italy
Car Number: 7
Team: FAF Racing
Car: Ferrari 458
Tyre supplier: Bridgestone
Primary Sponsor: Fanatec
Welcome to the series!

Send me a PM, ill be more than happy to make you a livery if you like.

BTW, Good test today guys, looking forward to Fuji with Black Rose Racing

View attachment 792227
Very kind of you.
But I've stuck at it and come up with something I'm quite happy with.
Thanks. :cheers:

Eva
If you are still interested in racing, I will need you to fill out the following stuff, please and thank you.

Thanks for all your help with getting me started.
And yes, I think I'll join in on the fun.
I didn't notice any lag during the test session, and my pace didn't seem too bad, so full steam ahead. :)

PSN ID: Tassie_tiger
Nation: Australia
Car Number: 68
Team: OPC Racing
Car: Ford GT LM
Tyre supplier: Dunlop
Primary Sponsor: OZ Racing

I love the feature where you can watch your car moving in the scapes, so I made a short clip of my livery. 👍

For drivers that may be looking for a ride for the series, my team is trying to fill our second Porsche GT entry to race alongside @RACECAR for hopefully the full season. If anyone is interested, please message me so we can arrange entry details.

Back