VRR Super GT Series--Thank You EveryoneOpen 

• Thread starter Eva
  • 3,633 comments

If you could make up the VRR Super GT schedule, what 9 venues would you choose?

• Total voters
Provisional Results: French 350k
1) #1 [GT500] GTP_Bambi (26 laps) LEADER
2) #22 [GT500] GTP_GTRacer22 (24 laps) +2 laps
3) #11 [GT300] Street-King-07 (24 laps) +26.638
4) #90 [GT300] OR-DIDACT (24 laps) +2:31.074
5) #7 [GT500] BRRT_Angel (4 laps) 20 laps

Race Control Notices: French 350k
23:23 Local - RED FLAG - Disconnect by car #7 affects network visibility in the race. Results reverted to end of lap 4.
23:30 Local - SC - Safety Car restart. Order is: #1, #22, #11, #90. All cars on lead lap.

I've received word from @Angel that STCC is postponed tonight due to her power outage, which took her out of the Super GT race. Big thanks to everyone who showed up and stuck around to see the checkered flag. I appreciate that and it demonstrates a spirit of endurance. 👍 See you at the next race!

All protests should be messaged to @Angel here on GTP and if need be, I can send her the replay of the racing post-restart. I do not have the replay of the first 4 laps.

Tonight's race attendance has basically made me GT300 champion-elect, which is a rather poop way to clinch my first ever drivers title.

That doesn't mean I'm going to skip Nurb with a 37 point lead in 300 when I'm still theoretically in mathematical contention for the overall title (which I likely won't win *coughSilverstonecough*).

Results of the Super GT race will likely stand unless reports of incidents come in before tomorrow. Full points update coming tomorrow as well as a statement on when we will run Le Mans for STCC. Congrats to both Street King and Bambi on their respective class championships.

Congrats to the champions! @AudiMan2011 @Whitetail

I'll see you all on the Nurburgring, something I've been waiting on all season long.

I might not have been up there in the title fight given my mid season attendance issues, but if I can at least add another win to my tally right at the end, I'll be really happy.

Points for everything have been updated. Following championships have been decided.

GT500 Driver's Championship goes to @Whitetail for the second consecutive season.
GT500 Team's Championship goes to Black Rose Racing, with points scored by @Whitetail and @Angel throughout the season.
GT300 Driver's Championship goes to @AudiMan2011 for the first time in his online racing career. Congratulations to you, and to think it happened on Gran Turismo.:sly:
GT300 Team's Championship goes to GAINER TANAX, with points scored by @AudiMan2011 and @Suzumiya throughout the season.

In interesting notes, as far as GT500 points go, literally no one in the top 3 can lose their positions in the driver's championship standings without doing something ridiculous to get disqualified and docked points.

GT300 however...there is now a 4 person hunt for 2nd in the standings, which should make for some interesting battles at the ring this weekend.

Also, the Subaru Touring Car Championship will see the Le Mans event pushed back to the 18th of June, effectively making it the season finale.

GT500 Driver's Championship goes to @Whitetail for the second consecutive season.
GT500 Team's Championship goes to Black Rose Racing, with points scored by @Whitetail and @Angel throughout the season.
Yay.
Also, the Subaru Touring Car Championship will see the Le Mans event pushed back to the 18th of June, effectively making it the season finale.
No Nurburgring? Awwwww.

A little late getting home. Looking at a 3:30 open time. Went to run errands and got busier than expected.

FP1 is open. I will still be away from console but it's there.

Been asked a couple times in the last week about running a VRR Indy 500. Unless there's a large demand for it, there won't be one. I had made rules for it but I had increasing concerns that there would not be any attendance for such an event. I'm opening up this window now. If you all want it, and can pull together at least 15 drivers by next weekend, I will run an A-Spec VRR Indy 500 and be the pace car of said event on the weekend after STCC.

I will very likely not be racing STCC tonight, possibly next weekend as well. :boggled:

Family first. Something I've not been prioritizing, same with my social life. :lol:

Indy 500 is something I'll do if I can. 👍

After the :censored:show that was the Daytona 500, doing an Indy 500 is the last of my priorities, so I'm out.

No STCC tonight. Double header next weekend.

So this is it huh? The end of an era of racing on GT and PS3.

I never would have thought that after 3 years, that I would end my tenure in GT as a champion. It's been a hell of a rollercoaster ride to get here. From when I made my GTP series debut at the end of GT5 in Integra RMs, I've since been chasing that elusive glory, through difficult seasons in ToCA, to sitting in a position of power in <-BTCC->, before ending up here in Super GT.

With the network issues that plagued the start of the season, I was almost ready to walk from Playstation altogether, but we all stuck out to produce possibly one of the best championship battles in this series. From dominating at Spa, to surviving the Suzuka typhoon, to having possibly the best race all season at Indy, I have finally sought redemption after coming up short so many times.

Now, the GT chapter of my sim career has come to a close where I can go out on top. Now it is time to go on a long hiatus until a future direction becomes clear. If the GTP Forza eSports series gets the go ahead, I'll be committing to that full time and getting the appropriate equipment. If it doesn't, then I will follow the rest of the VRR squad to Project Cars.

Whenever and wherever the next chapter of my sim career begins is unknown, but when it does, it will mark the start of a new beginning and give me a fresh start that I have been becoming so desperate for.

It's been huge fun racing here. See you in the new generation.

Adios.

Welp. Was actually looking forward to racing. Oh well.
Reason why is there was only going to be 3 there and with IndyCar at Texas, it just seemed better to have Nurb on Friday and Le Mans finish it Saturday.

Honestly, to have this series as my first ever online racing league has been a very fun learning experience.

Spoiler'd it cause it might look like a wall of text if loaded as is.
I came in as a complete rookie who had only done WRS Time Trials as any sort of competition, I had pace to win as I did when I was finally able to race in STCC and SGT, but my inexperience was unbearably glaring during the STCC Feature races, turns out Noir can't race in traffic and did overtakes taken straight from Pastor Maldonado's playbook. EXPOSED! Then "OMG NOIR!!" became a thing as it was always a tense moment for myself and everyone whenever I even start to get close to them on track, contact or none.

Truth be told, I thought I had what it takes to race when I came in, it just so happened everyone else around me actually knew better. The truth hurt, I can run those fast laps but I can't run with other cars. It actually took me a trip to GTTCC where the racing was almost always door-to-door and tail-to-nose to learn how to run around with other cars on track, gave me a good boost of confidence.

I haven't gotten far from where I was at the start of the series, but it's really funny to laugh at how nervous of a driver I was back then. I don't even know how I was invited to replace a driver back when Bathurst 12H was still around for GTPSS, looking back, thank goodness it got cancelled. :lol:

What if I was able to attend all races in the season? I could have won the GT300 title, but I don't want to go back and think of it as missed chances. I'd like to think of it as me just not being good enough of a driver to be a legitimate champion yet. It's just not meant for me yet.

TL;DR Thank you. All of you. It's been a wonderful experience and I'm glad I was part of this, even if it is the last season on PS3. Looking forward to racing with y'all in future series, whether it be pCARS or GT:S, I'll definitely be around. :)

After the :censored:show that was the Daytona 500, doing an Indy 500 is the last of my priorities, so I'm out.
Have fun in Forza.

On a more civil standpoint, you already know my opinion on it, but just to set it in stone, 110% looking forward to the 500

Back