VW Takes the Wraps off the Race-Inspired GTI TCR Concept at Wörtherseetreffen

No slots, real passing!!! :)

s-l640.jpg

Does it come with two doors? I thought the Scirocco is the only remaining VAG hatchback with two doors?! Here in Germany you can't order a new Polo or Golf with two doors anymore. I hate performance hatchbacks with four doors.

The TCR is Awesome, I've been following Jamie Orr's coverage of it at Wörthersee. Although my future MK5 GTI build will be faster ;)

:lol:

I particularly like the "500cid" 4th gen Nova depicted there.

Thought it was a 4th gen Malibu myself. What's more funny is they gone and taken Two-lane Blacktop and made this some time ago.

Anyways as others trim down the hatches VW doubles down?

Thought it was a 4th gen Malibu myself.
The sail panel looks a little more hard-edged in the artwork, which fits the '78-83 Malibu assumption, but the round headlights in rectangular bezels was a giveaway for me. The first thing I thought of was this prostreet '78 Nova featured in Hot Rod ages ago. I bet I still have the issue in a box in storage.

The sail panel looks a little more hard-edged in the artwork, which fits the '78-83 Malibu assumption, but the round headlights in rectangular bezels was a giveaway for me. The first thing I thought of was this prostreet '78 Nova featured in Hot Rod ages ago. I bet I still have the issue in a box in storage.

I've seen that issue before I'm pretty sure. To me it looked more boxy than the Nova but the C-pillar to the trunk does look more Nova less Malibu, while the Front looks the opposite, since both had similar headlights. Sad when a joke about slot cars to the VW is more interesting than a VW concept.

Back