WAAAAAY TOO Much Fun!!!

• Thread starter Old Geezer
  • 4 comments
United States
Bastrop, TX
:confused: As this note generated NO RESPONSE @ the main Forum thought I'd edit it slightly & move it here. Maybe someone here can glean some info from it.:confused:

:D If any of you guys are looking for a LONG, CLOSE Race I found it!!! Kinda remembered running the Seattle 100 Miles in a Mazda Miata some time ago. Hopped up a 118hp base version I won yesterday @ Apricot Hill but missed somewhat on the chassis settings. (Will have to check Cudaman's post to see what I did wrong or RIGHT!!) Anyway the car is quick but VERY LOOSE especially on T2s but I decided to give it try anyway. WOW what a fun race. It's almost perfectly matched w/the Z06 & Mustang & only a little quicker than the Grand Sport both in speed & handling. Drifting together thru the fist corner & over the Rail Road tracks is a complete GAS!!! Had a couple of Outside-inside-outside passes that look great on replay.

Another observation: the AI cars DON'T drive like complete idiots in this race. Sure they'll bump you if you're in the good line & a little slow, but I don't mind that. I could easily have won by not pitting as often but decided to go in w/the Z06 & Mustang which kept us really close. I slowed down a coupla times to "Bunch up" more but I think I can make it even closer by using tires that don't last as long & taking a little HP out of the Miata. It was fun beating a field of V8s w/a little 4-banger. A semi stock Griffith might be fun too, keeping it an all V8 field.

Even another observation: The Z06 seems to drive much better towards the end of the race. The replay doesn't last that long so can't be sure. My oil light didn't come on so don't think I lost much HP. Really fun to have those Z06 headlites in your mirror for about 30 of the 40 laps!!! Oh yeh, beat the Z06 by 1.7xx seconds & the Mustang by 3.5xx seconds w/total time of 1:11'30.353.

If there's enough interest in this post (Obviously NOT) I'll try to DE-tune the Miata a little more (less???) & post a write up, if not it was lots of fun anyway...UB57
:D

102 views and no replies?

:shakeshead:

I'm interested. I'm always looking for a good challenge. However, I would like it if you post up more specific specifications, because I don't know what level to tune it to. Also, specific suspension settings would be nice too (if you bought a full suspension that is).

:D To FuryX21:
Do you have a "Shark Port"?? If so I'll send you the replay & you'll have ALL the info. If not I'll get the specifics & send them to you. THANX for the ONLY Response!!!...UB57
:D

Back