Wangan Masters Tournament Season 6 | REGISTER NOW!!!

Dominican Republic
Atlanta, GA
SolidSnake7735
6483793643_6f95192ee1_b.jpg

Banner and Logo by SolidSnake7735
in association with TOSS: Legend of the Streets

What is Wangan Masters?
Wangan Masters is inspired by the Wangan Midnight anime and manga. Here, you can register yourself as a Driver to compete with other players to become the Emperor of Wangan. You get to pick one car for one season and battle it out with other players. You'll find a Rivals List which you can choose from and compete with them on the Wangan. All the wins and losses will reported by both rivals back here to ensure that the reports line up before going into the score calculation. And you can check your progress on the Leaderboard. You can sign up and compete in the current event listed in Post #2.

In conjunction to being a lone wolf out on the highway, you will be able to sign up for a team, make official alliances with drivers and compete for the Team Trophy all while ranking up yourself in this RPG-Style Wangan Masters Tournament!!

With that being said, there will be two(2) leaderboards running at once.
The Rivals leaderboard for individual driver scores
The Team Leadeboard for Team scoring​

Wangan Masters Events
Season 5 Nov. 19th, 2012 - Dec. 16th, 2012
600PP/Sports:Soft
550PP/Sports:Soft​

Register your Team!!:
If you're interested in registering your team for the tournament send me (SolidSnake7735) a private message telling me your team's name. I will then include it in the signup sheet for yourself and other members to select it under "team affiliation."

BATTLE SUBMISSION:
Date: 24/10/2012
Rival 1: Devil Z (600pp)
[Rival 1 PSN ID]
Rival 2: Blackbird (600pp)
[Rival 2 PSN ID]
Course: SSR7
Winner: Winning Rival
Rating: 5/5​

Last edited:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
CORE SERIES
Season 6
Date: TBA
FINALS: TBA​

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Wangan Masters Tournament. Here drivers of all skill levels are allowed to compete for the ultimate in bragging rights, who is the fastest on the Wangan?! This competition takes nerve, determination, skill, and tuning know-how (or good connections for where to good setups). Season 1 will run for four(4) weeks and players will earn points in order to climb up the leaderboard. At the end of the season, the top three(3) ranked drivers will settle who is the fastest in a 3-way battle for Wangan supremacy and the title of Wangan Emperor!​

CAR SELECTION AND TUNING REGULATIONS
Car Selection
Each driver may have only one registered car per class (more classes in future seasons)
Selected car must be a road legal car
No RM / Rally / Concept / Tuner cars will be allowed
You CANNOT change cars after you have registered

Tuning Parts & Restrictions
550/600PP (Two separate running classes, never run against each other)
Sports: Soft tires or less

Ballast Use is STRICTLY PROHIBITED
Power Limiter Use: 5%
Fully Customizable Transmissions ARE allowed and ENCOURAGED (duh...)​

RACE SETTINGS AND BATTLE RULES
Race Settings
Track Settings
Tracks:
  • Special Stage Route 7
  • Special Stage Route 5
  • Circuit De La Sarthe (debatable)

Event Settings:
Laps: 1 (Finale Races will be 2 laps)
Boost: No
Penalty: No
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Slipstream Strenght: Weak
Mechanical Damage: Heavy
Tire/Fuel Consumption: ON

Regulation Settings
Performance Points: 550/600
Tire Restriction: Sports Soft
SRF: Off
Driving Line: Off
Active Steering: Off
TSC: OFF
ASM: OFF
ABS: No Restriction​
Battle Rules:
  • First and foremost, you MUST be registered as a Driver before you can partake in official races.
  • Make sure you have read the vehicle tuning restrictions and have chosen a worthy vehicle that adjourns to all regulations as you MAY NOT change it once registered
  • You can only race the same Driver and enter the result of that race ONCE per WEEK in 1v1 or 3-way races.
  • The exception to the above rule is for races with >4 Drivers participating.
    This means that If you raced have already raced "Driver1", "Driver2" and "Driver3" this week, you will not be able to race them again until next week unless they are they are participating in a race hosted by "Driver4" where you all participate​
  • You can only participate in TWO(2) races with >4 Drivers per WEEK
    With that being said.. I suggest you manage your time wisely and reserve those races for if/when you can race alongside teammates against other teams in order. Though if you haven't signed up for a team, i still suggest you use your race time wisely as all stats and races WILL be kept track of.​

> Season 6 DRIVERS LIST <

> Season 6 LEADERBOARD <

_____________________________________​
Points System
After each race, the player which hosted the lobby posts the race results and every participating driver's finishing position. The results posted are assumed to be correct, so it it every driver's own responsibility to address any discrepancies on the thread by quoting the results' post and commenting in regards to their issue. Take note that since you will be driving with the same group of people throughout the season reputations will be made. Good and Bad. So do your best to drive clean and safely or you will be penalized and/or suspended (more on that in a later section).

Individual Scoring:
After each race, the driver's placement will determine how much points they earn towards their Season Score​

1v1
1st: 125pts
2nd: 50pts

3-Way
1st: 200pts
2nd: 100pts
3rd: 50pts

>4 Drivers
1st:250pts
2nd:125pts
3rd:75pts
<4th:50pts​

Team Scoring:
Team scoring will only persist in races where
at least two(2) drivers from at least two(2)
teams are present on track at race time.

2v2
1st: 4 team pts
2nd: 3 team pts
3rd: 2 team pts
4th: 1 team pts

>4 Drivers
1st: 6 team pts
2nd: 5 team pts
3rd: 4 team pts
4th: 3 team pts
5th: 2 team pts
>6th: 1 team pt​
The points earned for team races are appointed to the TEAM. NOT the individual. But the endividuals are the ones held accountable for the the teams' success.​

Last edited:
PAST SEASONS AND EVENTS
----------------------------------------
Core Season
Pre-Season
>Drivers List< >Leaderboard<
(Dec. 25, 2011 - Jan. 15, 2012)
Awards
Emperor of the Wangan - JC18137

Season 1
Awards
Emperor of the Wangan - JC18137

Season 2
Awards
Emperor of the Wangan (600PP) - OSE_CAP__SHADOW
Wangan King (550PP) - Slidinsidewayz

Season 3
Awards

Season 4
(Oct. 22, 2012 - Nov. 11, 2012)
Awards
Wangan King (550PP) - OSE_CAP__SHADOW

Hall of Fame

Golden Wind - OSE_CAP__SHADOW
Season 2, 3 and 4 600PP Champion
goldenwind500px.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome looking event bro, me and my team will totally be apart of this.

C'mon Spank, lets beat them at their own game!

That's, if i'm allowed to compete after the uprising i've caused in the Drift Teams & Meets forum ;)

hahaha, well, you have plenty of time to get a car ready. As im getting the registration form and google docs all set up this should be up and running sometime around XMAS or even before!

subscribe and stay updated with the rules and regulations which i'll finish typing up throughout the coming days

One question: On these tracks, when we battle, we have to do the WHOLE course, right?

Either way, you got me interested at Wangan :D

Yeah, 2 laps!!

Almost got my car ready, but here is the thing:
My R34 can get to 354 without draft, but there's a 1500-2500RPM reserve for the engine, does that mean I can get into the +360's?

Last edited:
Almost got my car ready, but here is the thing:
My R34 can get to 354 without draft, but there's a 1500-2500RPM reserve for the engine, does that mean I can get into the +360's?

yeah, it would go faster actually

This sounds interesting. I'll join. Just have to choose my car first. ( won't be too hard since I got myself a couple of tuned cars for a class like this.)

How coincidental: I have a "Blackbird" that hits~222mph, and a few others as well.

Here's a "reccomended" list of cars to choose from if you truthfully can't decide:

Mercedes SLS: Big power, but would likely be difficult to slow down for the right hander before the tunnel.

RuF "YellowBird": The closest thing to "BlackBird" from the original Wangan Midnight. ~700hp

Lotus Esprit: Very fast, but I have yet to provide any top speed estimates.

Also, kudos to whoever can fit the following specs into 600pp:

950hp @ 1020kg;)

Finally a wangan thread I've been looking for one for a while after the last wangan thread was forgotten I'm in for the wangan now i need my wangan car

So I have been reading through this thread and checking out the competition.... Good luck everyone. Add me if you want to practice some time Failure_to_react.

don't bother adding me (SolidSnake7735).. at least not quite yet as my friend list is nearing capacity.. besides, I'm usually on with those two losers ^^

haha jk

I'm working on setting up the "Driver's List" so you can all view the registered drivers and start practicing and challenging each other to races!

definitely.. if it gets popular, there will be more events and i would personally donate cars and/or gear to the top driver for the season.. but we'll have to see how it goes

Back