Want to buy GT6: Will the updates take long?

• Thread starter rainbow
  • 6 comments
Hi, I'm curious if the initial updating will take a very long time?

I have never played the game on my own PS3 and because Polyphony have released many many updates (just like with GT5 which sometimes took an hour to download/install), I was curious if it will be a big problem if I buy the game now and install all the updates at once?

When I had to re install the updates it did take ages to download it, but I think that was more due to my antique connection to the interweb.
The VGT cars and Videos bulk up most of the download size and you have to get the videos... Best of luck!

Hi, I'm curious if the initial updating will take a very long time?
Probably. You're going to have to a take a fair chunk of your day to download all the updates. Then you have to hope none of the updates fail halfway through the process. Once that happens, you're in for a ride. (And not a fun ride, mind you.)

I did this 2 months ago, using an ethernet cable getting 20mbps at the console. Took me around 6 hours including time out for dinner. There's a procedure outlined in this forum to download updates one at a time and install from XMB, then disable the internet and install into the game which worked for me when doing them all at once didnt. I don't have a link to the process saved, but I think it is posted on Gran-Turismo.com.

It's imperative to have good, or at least decent download speeds and an ethernet cable, and do them one at a time.

I live out in the countryside in Northern Ireland - my internet speed is 15mbps and 1.1mbps max (download and upload). When I started again with GT6 a few months ago I think the updates took approx 3 hours to download and install - so you shouldn't be too worried provided your internet is half-decent.

It will. When I got it I wound up putting the disc in, left for work and when I got home nearly 12 hours later it was ready. (Edit: The download didn't take 12 hours; I was just gone that long).

Back