Wanted: Proper GRIP and DRIFT settings for all car types in GT1

• Thread starter takumi64
  • 69 comments
Do you have any idea how many cars are in gt1 and gt2?

Just start playing around with settings, its the only way to learn.

Which settings you ask? Jordan's put a guide on this site somewhere which tells you all about car settings.

Hey, I didn't say all cars... I said all car types... You know? FF, FR, 4WD, RR, etc... I'm not crazy enough to ask you guys for the proper settings of every single car... :)

Every car in gt handles different so its hard to say what settings are right for one car type. But pretty much the first thing for maximum grip is to get racing suspension, racing soft, soft tyres, and racing mods.

For drift its just a matter of getting doing the follwing to ONLY the rear end:

- hard tyres
- soften up the spring rates
- lower the damper settings
- lowering the camber
- taking off any stabilisers or using soft ones
- lowering the downforce if you have race mods

of course its a bit of trial and error, but how else do you become an expert tuner?

I know how you feel takumi64. Its hard knowing how much to adjust something to get the setting you want. Or what to adjust. I guess you learn it over time though. Stick it out though. I sure will.

For now, I just need the proper GRIP and DRIFT settings for the following cars:

-Mitsubishi Lancer Evo. IV
-Mitsubishi Lancer Evo. III
-Mitsubishi Eclipse
-Mazda Lantis
-Honda 1993 CRX

I find actually I can drift my evo iv as it is... just takes a bit of hard braking and crafty handbraking... this is with everything done by the way - with about 500 hp and a super sweet sounding muffler.

Thinking about it now Im starting to get a bit frustrated with drifting. Has anyone download that video "Gran Dorifto 2". Well I cant get anywhere close to the level of sideways that you see in that clip all I get is a bit of tire smoke and wiggle from the rear end and if I try to get my car sideways end up pointing the wrong way

Its not a game, its a video :lol:

Go to the GTPlanet home page then on the left click on the link for GT3 Videos then download the one named Gran Dorifto 2 - it should be the first one on the list. Its pretty spectacular to watch, believe me. :eek:

This is the best I can do with the EVO IV:

Parts List
--------------
Tyre Set Racing: S H
Brake Kit Racing
Brake Controller Yup
Suspension Kit Racing Support
Front Stabiliser Medium
Rear Stabiliser Normal
Computer Tuned Rom
Turbine Kit Spec 4
Gear Kit Racing Support
Flywheel Semi Racing
Clutch Triple
Propellor Shaft Carbon
Muffler; Air Filter Racing
Intercooler Racing

Settings
---------------
Front Rear
Spring Rate 4.4 1.9
Ride Height 133 133
Damper 5 1
Camber 2 0
Stabiliser 3 0
Brake 5 9
Turbo Boost Stock
Gear Ratios Stock
Down Force No race mods

If you find its a bit unstable change the rear stabiliser bar to a medium. You can also try swapping the tires to less grippy semi racing s h but I found this to be ridiculously understeery. But anyways play around with it and try applying these settings to other cars.

I warn you now Im no hotshot when it comes to drifting, I think drifting in GT1 is really best left to arcade mode. In sim mode with suspension settings maxed out you still cant get the arse to swing out enough when turning without spinning.

The best things to remember:

1. The more the arse is allowed to shift weight the more it drifts
2. The more weight gets shifted to the front the more the rear slides - wieght transfer is a crucial concept
3. More braking power = more drift
4. S H are best tyres for drifting
5. Its not so much whats going at the rear wheels but rather the contrast between whats happening at the front and the rear

I found the evo iv goes pretty well with stock settings for racing suspension, racing: s s tyres, brake settings etc. Basically anything you can do to it, do it coz yeah it only makes like 450 hp maxxed out (damn).

And I found that you could get that level of control without race mods so with race mods it should be a pretty technical car. I also found that the suspension settings (evo iv) are always a little too soft so try putting the spring rates up by 10 notches or so. the rear ones only go so far so usually you need to max that out. drop the car by 2mm or so at both ends and tighten up the damper settings by 1 or 2 notches.

Back