Watch Dogs Legion - Ubisoft confirms reveal at E3

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 21 comments
United Kingdom
Wreckage, Turn 1
PrecisionXCIV

Information about the game was leaked yesterday via an Amazon listing, but now Ubisoft has confirmed the third instalment in the Watch_Dogs franchise will make its debut at E3 next week. Here's what we know about the setting:
Watch_Dogs Legion is set in a near-future, dystopian version of London. It’s a post-Brexit world in which society, politics and technology have changed and altered London’s fortunes. London is one of the most iconic cities in the world and has had a massive influence on all of Western Culture for centuries… London makes total sense for WD, as the city has one of the highest surveillce levels in the world making this the perfect playground.

Now what is most intriguing is that the game allows you to play as any "NPC"... which kinda defeats the meaning on NPC. Think of it as Driver San Francisco, but with humans.
Play as anyone, Every individual you meet in the open world, has a full set of animations, voice over, character traits and visuals that are generated & guided by gameplay systems

Also, can we take a moment to appreciate the tagline in the tweet?

I was quite a fan of the first two Watch Dogs games. It’ll be interesting to see how this new... “Legion” feature shakes things up.

Here it is in its post-apocalyptic, post-brexit glory (language warnings apply to both vids)

Releases March 6th 2020... Next Spring is already looking great for gaming! :drool:

VXR
I haven’t played the first two, but this looks seriously interesting.

Same. Best gameplay demo I saw at E3, on par with FFVII IMO.

Edit: FFVIIR happened, so that's the best IMO. Still, Watch Dogs is second.

Last edited:
I've only played Watch Dogs 2 but I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to this one, especially with how other people will view you over time depending on how you much you get along with their friends or family. That is the type of character depth I was looking for. To think that a random person you see in the city will later on interact in a different way due to your actions is really captivating.

More gameplay has been shown at Ubisoft Forward:

Releases October 29th

EDIT: Car-focused gameplay

Here's the cinematic trailer

If it reminds you of Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse, that's because the director for the trailer, Alberto Mielgo, was the production designer for that movie

Also, the narration in the trailer is based on a poem written during the Holocaust...
https://kotaku.com/ubisoft-reworked-a-famous-holocaust-quote-to-promote-wa-1844367235

**** me guvnor, this might be the best thing since sliced Hovis! The vibes and humour in that 7 minute gameplay trailer had me gagging for it (the game I mean)... :D

I assume there are "mini missions" to recruit the NPCs, along with the story mode, delivery missions etc. It seems like the only limits to variety in this game could be the limits of their imagination 👍

Though I heard that in the story mode, they order everyone in London to stay indoors because of some "virus". I think that's getting a bit too far fetched personally... /s :sly:

Last edited:
Though I heard that in the story mode, they order everyone in London to stay indoors because of some "virus". I think that's getting a bit too far fetched personally.

That's eerily up to date with current events if that's true! :eek: Then again, this game was supposed to come out earlier this year so I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft added a small diversion to the plot in that time. ;)

Though I heard that in the story mode, they order everyone in London to stay indoors because of some "virus". I think that's getting a bit too far fetched personally.
:lol: Where do you pull these story ideas from, keep it grounded I say.

That's eerily up to date with current events if that's true! :eek: Then again, this game was supposed to come out earlier this year so I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft added a small diversion to the plot in that time. ;)

I should have added a /s it seems... :sly:

Just got it this weekend for PS5, after playing it using free trial for a bit. It’s currently on a 67% sale.
I know the reviews are not stellar, but it’s actually not bad at all so far. Maybe it will get stale eventually, but so far the gameplay is fun and I guess the British accent makes the story/characters better than it is :)

If anyone is in the same boat on PS4/PS5, we could try to team up for some co-op missions. I usually play single player most of the time just because I usually have limited gaming time, but could be fun to try it out if schedules line up.

20210328_163930.jpg

I think it's a glitch but the PS4 version with the PS5 upgrade is free right now on the US PS4 PS Store.

Been playing this quite recently and the "Family Business" chapter still gets in the back of my mind with how dark and twisted it is. That's all I can say, for the respect of those who don't want any spoilers.

Last edited:
So after the ending, are there any endgame content ?
Not much unless you like collectables and recruiting new operatives and discovering their quirks. However, if you haven't done so already, I would recommend checking out the Bloodline DLC as I personally found the story more enjoyable and immersive than the base game, especially with the nod to the previous games in the series. The only catch is that it is relatively short, but that is to be expected from an expansion.

This goes for single-player only. I have barely touched online since there is little that interests me about it, but I believe there is a battlepass system if you are into that.

Not much unless you like collectables and recruiting new operatives and discovering their quirks. However, if you haven't done so already, I would recommend checking out the Bloodline DLC as I personally found the story more enjoyable and immersive than the base game, especially with the nod to the previous games in the series. The only catch is that it is relatively short, but that is to be expected from an expansion.

This goes for single-player only. I have barely touched online since there is little that interests me about it, but I believe there is a battlepass system if you are into that.
I'm planning on playing single player only. I'm still on the fence here, the gold edition is at around $13 which is quite cheap considering it's also bundled with the 1st Watch Dogs and all the DLCs but I don't know. Probably gonna get it in the end.

I'm planning on playing single player only. I'm still on the fence here, the gold edition is at around $13 which is quite cheap considering it's also bundled with the 1st Watch Dogs and all the DLCs but I don't know. Probably gonna get it in the end.
At that price point, I would definitely check it out. Even if you don't find much enjoyment in the post-endgame experience, there is a lot of gameplay value while completing the story in both games.

At that price point, I would definitely check it out. Even if you don't find much enjoyment in the post-endgame experience, there is a lot of gameplay value while completing the story in both games.
Thanks, I definitely will then!

Back