Watch Live: 2020 FIA Certified Gran Turismo Online Championship World Final Nations Cup [spoilers]

EpsJOKnUcAA5ONr.jpg
EpsJ4kTVQAI8rk3.jpg
EpsJ54pU8AEqkD_.jpg

The World Finals' "virtual stage" and the Moon Over The Castle montage had no business looking this good. They really saved the best for the last.​

Gallo won the "final" but Miyazono had a 6 point head start so he is champion.

I think they should ditch this system and let everyone who qualifies start on equal terms.

I think they should ditch this system and let everyone who qualifies start on equal terms.
I agree with this. Not everyone will be able to make it to a World Tour event, giving people a head start in the final for what's essentially a participation award isn't fair.

Big congrats to Miyazono. Just so consistently and overwhelmingly competitive.

Definitely feel bad for Gallo after the end of the final race though. Seeing his reaction change when he went from thinking he'd won to realising he hadn't was rough.

Well, I think you could argue that the current point structure is problematic altogether. It essentially renders the first two races of the event as meaningless. You could probably keep the double points for the finale but tinker with the points awarded per race. Take out the WT points and Miyazono is leading by one point going into the finale. Losing by three for taking second seems to be a bit much.

The WT points would also probably make more sense if there was more than one WT event this past year. You are correct that only one event creates somewhat of an unfair advantage going in.

I agree with this. Not everyone will be able to make it to a World Tour event, giving people a head start in the final for what's essentially a participation award isn't fair.
Only three of the points came from the World Tour. The rest were their relative positions in the Regional Finals - which they had to race to get to the final; Miyazono won and got 8, Gallo came fourth and got 5.

Only three of the points came from the World Tour. The rest were their relative positions in the Regional Finals - which they had to race to get to the final; Miyazono won and got 8, Gallo came fourth and got 5.
Point still stands. They're not racing against the same opposition to get there, why should they get an advantage for that?

Point still stands. They're not racing against the same opposition to get there, why should they get an advantage for that?

This is conjecture on my part but it seems to me that PD wanted to structure the World Tours as what was essentially one big event that culminated in the World Final. If the pandemic didn't happen, the WT events largely would have had the same participants competing with each other over and over again. Again, conjecture by me but that seemed pretty apparent looking at the structure at the beginning of the year before the pandemic and subsequent lock downs.

Last edited:
What an amazing race for Myiazono and an amazing event overall.

Standing start made the fuji race better.

Race 2 was a bit of a meme,but what an amazing finish,the tokyo races go from amazing tight racing to memes as soon as someone wallrides.

Race 3 kinda fried my brain so many strategies,amazing race

PD gonna run out of trophies to give to Myiazono.

Props to Gallo for taking the victory at Lemans,Miyazono is one of the best drivers at the moment and to see Gallo winning on both strategy and pace was fantastic.

Can't wait for next year,hoping for live events to comeback so PD can use GT7 for the drivers as quick as possible

P.S: Some people in live chat thought they were geniuses for figuring out that the event was pre recorded and one thought it was so hilarious to spoil who won the nations cup just because he saw the Fia Awards,bunch of idiots.

Which means that what was broadcast today was not the world final but rather the final part of the combined regional & world finals.

Good show. Miyazono deserves the title. But many drivers showed they will be strong next season.

4 out of top 5 from Japan/Oceania is impressive.

All drivers from Americas with a very solid performance as well I think. 👍

And, Kazunori Yamauchi is a swag troll. Always wearing t shirts we want but we can't get. ;)

Last edited:
Which means that what was broadcast today was not the world final but rather the final part of the combined regional & world finals.
They were the rules set out before it all started.

Originally the plan was to award points for all the World Tours. If Miyazono had won all of those (which... isn't entirely unlikely), he'd be starting on 15 points. However, the WT didn't happen. These new points for Regionals were announced weeks before the Regionals took place, so everyone knew it going in.

The merits of it aside, this is something everyone knew before racing. It's not something like the last-chance time trial which suddenly gave four extra places at the Regionals at the expense of the next four qualifiers in each region.

From what i understand they wanted to give the World Tours meaning. Before i think you could sit out the World Tours and show up at The world final to become world Champion.

From what i understand they wanted to give the World Tours meaning. Before i think you could sit out the World Tours and show up at The world final to become world Champion.
bracer is winner of final and should be gt 2020 champion, how you can give advantage of points where there are different regions and not all drivers compete with each other same time, bs rules

snc
bracer is winner of final and should be gt 2020 champion, how you can give advantage of points where there are different regions and not all drivers compete with each other same time, bs rules
But again, this was known months ago. Originally the World Tours (which not all finalists may have qualified to) would have given up to 15 points if the same person won them all, but they weren't possible to stage.

The change to give points for the Regionals came well before they raced in them, and we all knew about it. This was always something that could happen; Gallo himself had an advantage over, for example, Giorgio Mangano (five points to one) as a result.

Whether you agree with it or not, the players all raced to the same rules established before the competition and they all knew what they had to do. Miyazono had to do a little bit less than Gallo, and did it.

But again, this was known months ago. Originally the World Tours (which not all finalists may have qualified to) would have given up to 15 points if the same person won them all, but they weren't possible to stage.

The change to give points for the Regionals came well before they raced in them, and we all knew about it. This was always something that could happen; Gallo himself had an advantage over, for example, Giorgio Mangano (five points to one) as a result.

Whether you agree with it or not, the players all raced to the same rules established before the competition and they all knew what they had to do. Miyazono had to do a little bit less than Gallo, and did it.
knowing about rules ealier didn't make them less bs imho, imagine world cup final, some team win by 1 gol but other one has better quali few months ago in different continent and becoming champion ;d

Last edited:
Back