Watch Live: 2020 FIA Certified Gran Turismo Online Championship World Final Nations Cup [spoilers]

This is the best picture ever. Did he say "Mamma Mia!". Please tell me the first thing he said was "Mamma Mia!". :lol:

EptPsVyW8AAr8zM

Now that is a hill to die on :lol:

So weird you're going out of your way to attack me personally for something you seem to agree with, when I'm conveying this information to a guy who's repeatedly saying the chap who won isn't the champion because he didn't win on the day, despite that not being a requirement and known about for ten months (he's also gone on Twitter to do the same thing, which is... kinda rude).

never said he isn’t the champion, but you read my posts so you know that right? RIGHT?

There’s those semantics again, but this time you got them wrong. You can keep repeating the same point about 10-month old rules all you want, it doesn’t change the fact that many people still think the system is bunk. You can keep telling people not to complain about it, but they are going to keep doing so unless you force them not to.

Where were all these complaints when the season started?

Why does that even matter? Some people knew the rules long ago, some people didn’t. Some people didn’t even know the event existed until they watched it. Does that mean they can’t complain about the outcome now? What’s with all these time limits on valid complaints? Makes no sense. As if the complaints would have yielded any result other than more people telling others not to complain.

Also, this game has been out for like 3 years and people are still complaining about random stuff that’s been there the whole time? Where were all these complaints 3 years ago? Now is not the time.

oh, people were complaining 3 years ago too you say? Then why are they complaining now? Oh because the problems still exist you say?

Well, that makes sense then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching people complain about Miyazono and complaining the point system is funniest thing I read today. It like watching people complain about lewis Hamilton win championship with the extra point added for the fastest lap and while started 8th on the grid. Anyway congrats to Miyazono for your triple crown championship in one year. I hope to see you do it again next year in 2021 for GT7 :cheers::lol::lol:

never said he isn’t the champion, but you read my posts so you know that right? RIGHT?
Yes. But you read my posts, so you know that right?
There’s those semantics again, but this time you got them wrong.
Where?
You can keep repeating the same point about 10-month old rules all you want, it doesn’t change the fact that many people still think the system is bunk.
It also doesn't change the fact that they were revealed 10 months ago (and adapted in November, for obvious reasons), and the guy with the most World Tour points won the World Tour.
You can keep telling people not to complain about it, but they are going to keep doing so unless you force them not to.
I've merely suggested that now is not the time to complain about it, 10 months ago was. Now is the time to congratulate the winners and be happy for them...

But we have a guy who doesn't comprehend the concept that the World Tour was a World Tour and is straight denying the champion is the champion... which is factually wrong and a fundamental misunderstanding of the rules set ten months ago. He's also gone on Twitter to do it, which is rude but none of our business; here we can correct his lack of knowledge.

I'm not sure how I'd force people to not be selfish and ignorant (or why I'd want to). I can only correct their ignorance; if they want to continue in that ignorance, that's up to them.

Does that mean they can’t complain about the outcome now?
They can if they wish, but it takes us right back to the core point. These rules were set ten months ago (with that change in November due to the forced lack of live World Tour events), and all the competitors knew about it before racing. Everyone who raced did so in full knowledge, and the guy who won did so according to the rules everyone knew about. The outcome is entirely valid according to the rules set at the start of the season.

The appropriate response from someone who didn't know that 2020's championship was based on World Tour points and now does but disagrees with the premise of World Tour points would be something along the lines of "Well, I think it's stupid and hope it doesn't come back next year but okay, congrats Miyazono", not "bracer is winner of final and should be gt 2020 champion" (sic).

Last edited:
Yes. But you read my posts, so you know that right?

Where?

It also doesn't change the fact that they were revealed 10 months ago (and adapted in November, for obvious reasons), and the guy with the most World Tour points won the World Tour.

I've merely suggested that now is not the time to complain about it, 10 months ago was. Now is the time to congratulate the winners and be happy for them...

But we have a guy who doesn't comprehend the concept that the World Tour was a World Tour and is straight denying the champion is the champion... which is factually wrong and a fundamental misunderstanding of the rules set ten months ago. He's also gone on Twitter to do it, which is rude but none of our business; here we can correct his lack of knowledge.

They can if they wish, but it takes us right back to the core point. These rules were set ten months ago (with that change in November due to the forced lack of live World Tour events), and all the competitors knew about it before racing. Everyone who raced did so in full knowledge, and the guy who won did so according to the rules everyone knew about.

The appropriate response from someone who didn't know that 2020's championship was based on World Tour points and now does but disagrees with the premise would be something along the lines of "Well, I think it's stupid but okay, congrats Miyazono", not "bracer is winner of final and should be gt 2020 champion" (sic).

there you go again deleting posts.

where are you wrong? In saying that I said Miyazono wasn’t champion. I actually said he was. I literally said he won.

but go ahead and keep telling us how and when to post and saying I don’t comprehend things I’ve already acknowledged.

and to imply that because someone disagrees with how the event was scored that they must be ignorant to the rules, is well, just sooo nice of you and very becoming of a mod. It’s almost as if the logic of being able to acknowledge the rules and simultaneously think they are bogus escapes you. I assure you, it’s possible to be informed and to also disagree.

Last edited:
Where? No posts have been deleted.
where are you wrong? In saying that I said Miyazono wasn’t champion. I actually said he was. I literally said he won.
I never said that you did.
but go ahead and keep telling us how and when to post and saying I don’t comprehend things I’ve already acknowledged.
I never said that you did.
and to imply that because someone disagrees with how the event was scored that they must be ignorant to the rules, is well, just sooo nice of you and very becoming of a mod.
The guy who said Miyazono isn't the champion because he didn't win the final (both here and on Twitter) is indeed ignorant of the rules. Again, moderation is brought up for... some reason.
It’s almost as if the logic of being able to acknowledge the rules and simultaneously think they are bogus escapes you.
Except right here, in a post you just quoted, where I directly referred to it:
The appropriate response from someone who didn't know that 2020's championship was based on World Tour points and now does but disagrees with the premise of World Tour points would be something along the lines of "Well, I think it's stupid and hope it doesn't come back next year but okay, congrats Miyazono", not "bracer is winner of final and should be gt 2020 champion" (sic).

Last edited:

I think some of the antagonism and confusion lies in the fact that Famine seems to be responding to you, snc and couple of other people at the same time and the individual positions and responses have become conflated during the discussion. Famine does have a point that snc flat out said somewhere in the thread that he doesn't accept Miyazono as the champion because he doesn't like the rules.

Too many people, too many points of view, one discussion that's become overly simplified into two groups, as it were.

Last edited:
Perhaps I’ll go onto any of the countless GTP threads where people complain about the game and ask them why they weren’t complaining about the game 3 years ago when it came out.

Now is not the time guys!

Great response! I take it you agree then that using his position as moderator to say his input wasn't welcome was silly? I have no opinion on the points stuff but that tidbit really irked me.

nah, I disagree. stay irked though.

With the chaos during the Porsche race PD have surely rubber stamped it for a future daily.

Congrats to Miyazono. A phenomenal racer. Whomever won this was worthy and he has shown he is on another level.

However I do agree with others that adding points from 1 event when others were (rightly) cancelled is unfair.
However PD seems to go their own way with points. For instance I believe Brooks should have won the Americas final on countback (Like all racing series would do) but came third due to PD judging the result on the final race. That's their decision just as the inclusion of the world tour points was.

Brilliant production and well done to all participants who did themselves proud.

However I do agree with others that adding points from 1 event when others were (rightly) cancelled is unfair

shhhhh.....now is not the time for complaints! If you had complained 10 months ago that would be ok, but now is only the time for congratulatory remarks. YoU kNEw tHe RuLEs bUDdY!

Why does this place have so much tolerance for obvious trolls? I don't get it.

It's silly to declare someone the "2020 champion" just based on a single race. It's not like a stick-and-ball sport where one team plays another, everyone can be on the track at the same time. Throwing all of the previous races out and declaring that one arbitrary race (or 3) is the most important is ridiculous, there's a reason only NASCAR has done that.

Congrats on Miyazono on the triple, and Hizal and Solis his team mates for the Subaru victory!

I was surprised how smooth the presentation went given the obvious complications this year. The drivers missed out on being there, but as a viewer I don't feel short changed. The stream was the same high quality and they even managed to produce the studio segments with Julia, Kaz, Tom and Jimmy which I really appreciated seeing in a year when loads of show formats have been replaced with webcams only.

There were some great races and while I am beginning to question the finals being double points it generally does keep possibilities open.

I was surprised how smooth the presentation went given the obvious complications this year. The drivers missed out on being there, but as a viewer I don't feel short changed. The stream was the same high quality and they even managed to produce the studio segments with Julia, Kaz, Tom and Jimmy which I really appreciated seeing in a year when loads of show formats have been replaced with webcams only.
Production was top tier. This is why it wasn't live I presume, so that they could edit the feeds together, add subtitles etc.

Anyone know what studio they used? I presume it was in London.

Congrats to Miyazono. I find it amazing even after all that he still doesn't believe he's on the same level as Fraga or Hizal. And unlike those two, he doesn't feel content with just winning it once. Might he become the first double world champion? I wouldn't put it past him :bowdown:

Last edited:
Back