Watch Live: 2021 FIA Gran Turismo Online Championship World Series 3

• Thread starter Famine
  • 15 comments
Newbie Jehoul on pole, points leader @Valerio Gallo lining up second, Serrano third, defending world champion Miyazono in fourth, Fraga in fifth, and then both of the other newbies in sixth and seventh...

Should be a mad Nations, especially with Willow Springs' ability to grossly punish even tiny errors.

And then in Manufacturers we've got Serrano (Porsche) and Fraga (Toyota) front row, with newbies Araki (Dodge) and Jehoul (Peugeot) second row, and Miyazono (Subaru) and Beauvois (Mercedes) third row...

I watched Gallo's overtake of Quinten 3 times - Gallo 100% punted him yet the stewards didn't even glance at the incident. I didn't take another look at Kokubun's off-track excursion but in realtime it also looked like a punt that the stewards shrugged off. What gives?

I watched Gallo's overtake of Quinten 3 times - Gallo 100% punted him yet the stewards didn't even glance at the incident. I didn't take another look at Kokubun's off-track excursion but in realtime it also looked like a punt that the stewards shrugged off. What gives?
Yeah.

1633276797304.png

1633276847097.png

Edit: Lag, according to Yamanaka (onboard included):

All the more reason to hope for the return of live events.
It all hinges on the pandemic, though, and whether there will still be anti-vaxxers and/or a more dangerous new variant by the beginning of next year.

Things are improving, though, from what I can see. I see live audiences returning to the live shows I watch at least.

Have I understood this correctly? Peugeot, who are currently 2nd on points, won't be in the World Finals regardless of their performance at World Series 4?

Manufacturer Selection Process

A total of 12 teams will proceed to the World Finals, consisting of Official Partner Manufacturers for the 2021 Series (see below) and the top ranked manufacturers according to the 'Global Manufacturer Ranking' calculated at the end of Season 2.

Peugeot finished 13th at the end of Season 2. They're in the World Series due to their results in the Showdown, but that all seems kinda pointless now.

Last edited:
Have I understood this correctly? Peugeot, who are currently 2nd on points, won't be in the World Finals regardless of their performance at World Series 4?

Manufacturer Selection Process

A total of 12 teams will proceed to the World Finals, consisting of Official Partner Manufacturers for the 2021 Series (see below) and the top ranked manufacturers according to the 'Global Manufacturer Ranking' calculated at the end of Season 2.

Peugeot finished 13th at the end of Season 2. They're in the World Series due to their results in the Showdown, but that all seems kinda pointless now.
Yup.

In principle they could still win without being at the finals at all, but it would require a very specific set of results.

What must be infuriating is the connection seems fine while in practice. One would expect the host to sort out the connection issues during that time.

Lag and disconnects are the fault of the host in these events. Not the competitors who have been led to believe everything is running fine.

The host needs to take some responsibility for disruptions on their end. Instead of repeating "Sorry for the inconvenience. Please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo" a thousand times. :grumpy:

Yup.

In principle they could still win without being at the finals at all, but it would require a very specific set of results.
Seems like they managed to get a clause into the rules to avoid that (unfortunately!).

(Please note that 'World Series Points' do not guarantee eligibility for participation in the World Finals, and are only counted for competitors and teams who make it to the Finals itself.)

Full credit to everyone who drove the R8's with tyre wear around Willow. I saw little to no off course incidents due to mistakes of this kind. Only the lag issue above. This is why they are the top drivers.

Back