Watch Live: 2021 FIA Gran Turismo Online Championship World Series 4

• Thread starter Famine
  • 13 comments
World Series is such a bland, baseball-y name.

Please rename it to - GTOGP (GT Online Grand Prix). It's a great, car-sounding combo of letters. :)

There are comments on YouTube saying that there is a curb glitch and that is why Miyazono spun at about 1:07:20

Is this a very rare glitch that is unavoidable or was it just a mistake. To me it seems odd that no one else was ever effected by it if there is indeed a glitch.

There are comments on YouTube saying that there is a curb glitch and that is why Miyazono spun at about 1:07:20

Is this a very rare glitch that is unavoidable or was it just a mistake. To me it seems odd that no one else was ever effected by it if there is indeed a glitch.

A lot of people speak of this glitch and I've seen it happen several times to many different high-level drivers and they all claim it's a glitch. However, it's also happened to me a couple times at Fuji and also at Red Bull Ring and what I have noticed is that it does snap unrealistically to some extent, but it also only happens when your wheel touches the astroturf (or grass) and you have the wheel turned too much simultaneously. Maybe this isn't true for every situation, but when I've experienced it, I've learned from it and corrected it by never having too much steering lock in those locations if I run wide enough to put a wheel on the green stuff. After correcting for that, it has never happened to me again, soooo I really don't know. Glitch maybe, but avoid the glitch by not running so wide while having the wheel turned, seems simple enough in my limited experience.

edit: after thinking more about it, Red Bull Ring doesn't have grass where the "glitch" occurs. Kie25 seems to think that it's part of the bottom of the car catching on the elevated part of the curb that causes the car to snap and spin. Maybe there's something to that? Also, the "glitch" occurs at Catalunya as well on the short straight that approaches the hairpin that starts the final sector. Same story for me though, just make sure your wheel is mostly straight when you exit these corners and it won't happen in my experience. There are plenty of other curbs that are more forgiving in the game and you can have the wheel turned quite a bit on exit but when attacking these 3 curbs in particular, take it easy on the steering and you should be fine.

Last edited:

It's a "glitch" caused by the outdated tyre physics in GT. It is avoidable if you take certain driving measures as mentioned by Winnie, but this situation shouldn't occur in the first place if the game has proper tyre physics.

Basically, the tyre contact point with the track is simulated by a single point in GT, when in reality the contact patch is wider than that. So when this single point of the front wheel goes over the step of the outside kerb on exit, the sudden and large weight transfer upsets the car, which pitches it sideways, and then the tyre climbs back over the kerb, causing even more weight transfer and it's a death spiral.

In real life, because the contact patch is spread over a bigger area, the tyre "gradually" climbs over the step. No sudden weight transfer = everything controllable and you just feel a slight bump or a small correctable oversteer.

Assetto Competizione introduced a 5 point tyre model to fix this issue and Forza 8 is going to have an 8 point tyre model I believe. You can read in more detail here if you're interested: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...oducing-the-5-point-tyre-model-for-acc.59307/

Honestly it's embarrassing, but knowing PD they will just shoo it all under the carpet anyway. When the fans are frothing over the return of used car dealer and oil changes, who cares about physics right? :lol:

Last edited:
It's a "glitch" caused by the outdated tyre physics in GT. It is avoidable if you take certain driving measures as mentioned by Winnie, but this situation shouldn't occur in the first place if the game has proper tyre physics.

Basically, the tyre contact point with the track is simulated by a single point in GT, when in reality the contact patch is wider than that. So when this single point goes over the step of the kerb on exit, the sudden and large weight transfer upsets the car, which pitches it sideways, and then the tyre climbs back over the kerb, causing even more weight transfer and it's a death spiral.

In real life, because the contact patch is spread over a bigger area, the tyre "gradually" climbs over the step. No sudden weight transfer = everything controllable and you just feel a slight bump or a small correctable oversteer.

Assetto Competizione introduced a 5 point tyre model to fix this issue and Forza 8 is going to have an 8 point tyre model I believe. You can read in more detail here if you're interested: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...oducing-the-5-point-tyre-model-for-acc.59307/

Honestly it's embarrassing, but knowing PD they will just shoo it all under the carpet anyway. When the fans are frothing over the return of used car dealer and oil changes, who cares about physics right? :lol:

I would like better tire physics with the oil changes 😂

Basically, the tyre contact point with the track is simulated by a single point in GT, when in reality the contact patch is wider than that. So when this single point goes over the step of the kerb on exit, the sudden and large weight transfer upsets the car, which pitches it sideways, and then the tyre climbs back over the kerb, causing even more weight transfer and it's a death spiral.

Very well articulated. Thank you for that, I definitely learned something.

About glitch or game mistake, i made the FIA race round 5 (rally Ranch) and have NO points... Me and all that made round 5, have no points, is what i see in my PS4.

About glitch or game mistake, i made the FIA race round 5 (rally Ranch) and have NO points... Me and all that made round 5, have no points, is what i see in my PS4.
Yes, Polyphony Digital has noted this in a statement, but it has nothing to do with the World Series finals.

Yes, Polyphony Digital has noted this in a statement, but it has nothing to do with the World Series finals.
What statement? I checked the news section of GT.com, but there's no mention of that (nor there's a fine print regarding that round).

Thank you Famine.
Rally in GTSport has always run with little visibility, namely in the daily races or FIA. And then this happens. As compensation, come Fischermans Ranch for the daily races, and everything is resolved.:cheers:

Back