Watch Live: 2022 Gran Turismo World Series Round 1

• Thread starter Famine
  • 71 comments
The article loads a blank page for me?
This is an hilarious intermittent issue with no obvious cause which you can fix by deleting the final "/" even though there's no reason for that to actually work.

So Kravchenko and Pessoa are absent, explaining why you can't pick them to win...

Well I was worried for puch more unbalanced race with those GT Gr3 I expected worse
Myazono first lap stop at the pit was again a move I thing only he cpuld have pulled of.
Too bad there was no info during the race about real time tire wear I could have added a bit more suspens watching the race
Overall that was a nice round
My bet was on the Nissan for the homeland french driver he did well still

page doesnt work for me. is this the race where gallowas on or is he in the tommorows race?
Gallo was not racing in Manufacturer Cup. Also:
This is an hilarious intermittent issue with no obvious cause which you can fix by deleting the final "/" even though there's no reason for that to actually work.
I don't understand what happened to Fraga. He was in first and after dropped drastically.
Possibly fuel. Everyone was running at about seven litres per lap, but maybe he was having to save more to hit that.

Last edited:
Obviously Fraga struggled because tOyOtA pAiD fOr ThE sUpRa To Be Op :dunce:

Were the predictions made actually for this event btw? I thought that was only for the Salzburg event.

Last edited:

Lower numbers than when I watched a few events in 2018.

Mind you I've got to give them credit, they've delivered on the "broadcast quality" they promised years ago.

Screenshot 2022-07-23 at 18-27-40 English Gran Turismo World Series 2022 Manufacturers Cup Rou...png

Just like real motorsports, they zoom in so far on the car to show the sponsors that you can't see anything. Did he hit the apex on that corner? We'll never know.

I can't believe I picked Subaru literally last night :lol:

With all respects for Miyazono, which is a good driver, but I just picked Subaru because a few moments before I saw a beautiful, blue WRX with gold wheels, something that is extremely rare where I live.

So thanks Miyazono!

4 hours on the views on the Gran Turismo Youtube are at 7,000 (for the English stream), forget paying the players I wonder how long Sony/PD can justify the costs of holding these events.

4 hours on the views on the Gran Turismo Youtube are at 7,000
~1800 were watching the race "live", ~300 dropped out when it was over and Miyazono was doing a small statement.

The real question however is how the actual live event will phase out next weekend.

Were the predictions made actually for this event btw? I thought that was only for the Salzburg event.
No, they're for all five events. We wrote an article about it:

Lower numbers than when I watched a few events in 2018.
4 hours on the views on the Gran Turismo Youtube are at 7,000 (for the English stream), forget paying the players I wonder how long Sony/PD can justify the costs of holding these events.
I just watched the finals of an event where four professional esports teams were flown to Abu Dhabi for a week, along with a bunch of influencers, for a competition where the teams got a share of £40,000.

The peak concurrent viewership on the "grand final" stream was 202. When the event ended, it had a total of 767 unique viewers - although doubtless this will go up to 12,000 over the next two days just like the semi-finals did yesterday, and like half of their live streams (while the other half remain at 300-400) despite only having 2,900 subscribers.

I'm very glad GT doesn't do that.

Last edited:
I just watched the finals of an event where four professional esports teams were flown to Abu Dhabi for a week, along with a bunch of influencers, for a competition where the winning team got £40,000.

The peak concurrent viewership on the "grand final" stream was 202. When the event ended, it had a total of 767 unique viewers - although doubtless this will go up to 12,000 over the next two days just like the semi-finals did yesterday, and like half of their live streams (while the other half remain at 300-400) despite only having 2,900 subscribers.

I'm very glad GT doesn't do that.
What I'm learning from that is that eSports in general aren't very popular unless you're participating in them 🙈

It's impressive to see Watkins Glen on broadcast. The circuit's production quality is much higher than the others, like Le Mans, which has very bad textures.

Hm, production value was a bit lower than I expected. I kinda missed the flashy backgrounds with the commentators. lol

Still a decent race, though. Congrats to Miyazono there.

Not that I disagree with the gist of your comment, but to be fair, it was also streamed on the main Playstation channel with >15k views as of now.

Edit: It's a shame the "onboard" views still suffer from the same jerky effect during turns as in the GTS streams - it's as if the car won't turn without going straight half of the time.

Last edited:
Back