Watch Live: Gran Turismo FIA Online Championships 2020 Americas Regional Final [Spoilers]

What a line up. Can't wait to see Igor finally race again.

However, they have one of the biggest names in GT Sport — and sim racing — to contend with: Igor Fraga. The 2018 World Champion has been a little busy this year, and has come through the Extra Stage Time Trial to earn his qualification spot.

BTW, thanks for the heads up @GTPNewsWire . I wouldn't have known about the event otherwise and would have missed it.

Last edited:
Fantastic race from Carraza and Brooks they kept it clean and had interesting strategies,best part of the race.

Way better audio mixing,thank you.

Super GT felt more in sync with the crew,in Sardegna he was giving some good info.

There were a few moments were Jimmy called Super GT and he didn't respond which was very funny.

The closest championship finish by far PD hit gold with this race format,always entertaining.

Fraga's performance is of someone that didn't have enough practice,he was way too rusty,he's way better than today.

Sardegna 'A' is a weird track for finals it's narrow with few run offs,some drivers ended up crashing into each other,Fraga did this a few times and Nico Rubilar got bumped by a driver that was avoiding another car.

I would prefer that grand finals are set in real world circuits.Spa was great for EMEA so Interlagos should be the final for Americas region.

Can't wait for Cody Latkovski vs Emily Jones next week.

Apparently winning a World Tour is only equal to sixth place qualifier in EMEA and not qualifying in NCSA.

Miyazono carries 3pt to the World Final for winning Sydney (Latkovski gets 2pt, Wong gets 1pt), which is what Blazsan got for sixth in the EMEA Regionals, and technically what Juan Hernadez would get for not qualifying in NCSA. Why not 3-2-1 for the regionals too - especially as there'll only be three ASOC qualifiers?

I know Miyazono can get more if he places top three in ASOC (which does beg the question of how many points he carries if he places top eight but not top three, or what fourth carries if he places top three), but someone getting 2.5x as many points as him for winning one race at home compared to an actual entire World Tour is... silly.

"Am I the Champion of America?"

Yes, Didico! Congrats! :cheers:

zdidico.png

Last edited:
Is there anything in the rules that disqualifies a driver from a professional race series? I haven't read all the details in the rules so that's an honest question.

I don't really know myself, that's why I was asking as I don't think anyone else who takes part in the GT Series also races in real life anywhere near that level. You would think that there would be some rules in there that level the playing field a bit.

Well Fraga is either rusty, or he can't be bothered tryharding because he races in real life now.

Also the penalties are still a joke. In the Laguna Gr.B race when Inostroza hit Bonelli, he got a 2 second penalty but Bonelli dropped back 3 seconds so it didn't even make a difference. Are these events at the mercy of the game's penalty system, or are there FIA stewards monitoring as well?

Apparently winning a World Tour is only equal to sixth place qualifier in EMEA and not qualifying in NCSA.

Miyazono carries 3pt to the World Final for winning Sydney (Latkovski gets 2pt, Wong gets 1pt), which is what Blazsan got for sixth in the EMEA Regionals, and technically what Juan Hernadez would get for not qualifying in NCSA. Why not 3-2-1 for the regionals too - especially as there'll only be three ASOC qualifiers?

I know Miyazono can get more if he places top three in ASOC (which does beg the question of how many points he carries if he places top eight but not top three, or what fourth carries if he places top three), but someone getting 2.5x as many points as him for winning one race at home compared to an actual entire World Tour is... silly.

Yeah I don't get it either. The level of competition is much higher in WT, and you have the added pressure of a live event.

Either they should give 3/2/1 points to top 3 regional finals, or they should retroactively increase the WT points to something like 9/6/3 (tripled sounds about right given it's a combination of 3 regions).

Also the penalties are still a joke. In the Laguna Gr.B race when Inostroza hit Bonelli, he got a 2 second penalty but Bonelli dropped back 3 seconds so it didn't even make a difference. Are these events at the mercy of the game's penalty system, or are there FIA stewards monitoring as well?

The lack of penalties in EMEA was a joke and the penalties here were a joke. If I was hit off from the lead of a race like Bonelli was and the offender only awarded a 2 second penalty, I would have exploded.

The in-game penalty system is turned off and stewards monitor it.

Back