Watch Live: Gran Turismo FIA Online Championships 2020 Asia-Oceania Regional Final [Spoilers]

I get that the broadcast schedule is probably catered towards a European/US audience, but it is pretty odd that the Asia-OCE final is broadcasted at

10pm Sunday in Japan
12am Monday in Sydney/East Coast
2am Monday in New Zealand

Surely it wouldn't have hurt that much to move it forward (earlier) even 1 or 2 hours?

I get that the broadcast schedule is probably catered towards a European/US audience, but it is pretty odd that the Asia-OCE final is broadcasted at

10pm Sunday in Japan

Surely it wouldn't have hurt that much to move it forward (earlier) even 1 or 2 hours?

It would've 8/9 PM in Southeast Asia, funnily enough.

Last edited:

10pm Sunday in Japan

I'm in the Western US and the broadcast started at 6am here. Although, last week's Americas regional started at 10am here. Who knows what goes through PD's mind?

Edit:
Random thought watching this event - I don't recall ever seeing a Korean racer at a World Tour Event. South Korea is usually well represented in e-sports. Granted, I haven't been following GTS very long. But is this right? Is motorsport not really a thing in Korea?

Another edit:
If they're making a big deal about enforcing the pit lane line at these events, why don't they enforce it during Sport mode races? It would be nice if people couldn't swerve out of the pits to block you on the straights.

Last edited:
Very Japan heavy grid. 10 spots out of 16. Not that they don't deserve to be there. Just sad not to see more countries represented with such limited spots.

GT/FIA/sponsors should send racers event flags to use as web cam backgrounds. That would look sharp.

I'm getting tired of seeing the Red Bull car. Awful choice for Fuji.

Last edited:
Honestly I feel like Yamanaka's disconnection was an early warning sign of network/logistical issues we face in the final race (pit entry penalties).

Crossing pit entry lines repeatedly is not a mistake that multiple drivers of this level would make, when they are specifically briefed on the rules beforehand.

I found it very interesting that 3 OCE drivers picked up multiple pit entry penalties. One of them insists that it was lag that triggered the penalties and I am inclined to believe him.

Will be very interested to see the driver-uploaded replays, because if true that is actually pretty unacceptable for an event of this level.

Last edited:
Would be interested in seeing actual replays of the pit line penalties that were enforced, especially with the comments concerning lag. I feel especially sorry for Jones since she had a legitimate chance of finishing in the top 5...

I found it very interesting that 3 OCE drivers picked up multiple pit entry penalties. One of them insists that it was it was lag that triggered the penalties and I am inclined to believe him.
The one with Cody just eating all of the red tarmac on the way in was clear as day lag. His car shifted eight feet to the right in the blink of an eye.

Not a huge surprise given that he was dialling in from North Macedonia, but still, that looked like an awful penalty.

Last edited:
gran turismo 7 trailer 2021 Q1 yes or not ?

2021 world finals ?

hmmmm ?

upload_2020-12-6_16-47-23.png

Oh boy..

Kinda like fraga,Cody was a bit off in this event but props to him for getting to world finals

Fuji.I might be wrong but emily had a chance of getting qualified if her strat worked but all AU drivers got killed by the friggin penalties.

The pit entrance penalties gotta go,at least for the asia/oceania regions.This doesn't bode well for the world finals.

Might be a hot take but i don't like Fuji and even the x2019 couldn't fix it,the finish straight is absurdly long and since gt sport lets drivers go full throttle into a pit lane you end up with what we saw today,i like how fast pitstops are in gt sport even if its not realistic so i don't want to see that changed but they need to do something with tracks that have a chicane in the pit entrance,drivers end up scraping or hitting the wall,it just looks silly

Super GT was more relaxed on camera,great banter between the group

I usually am soft on PD for the world tour issues but they have to fix the asia Oceania lag ASAP either with more careful track/car combination or try to fix it on the steward side,they need to have in mind which drivers suffer from lag so they punish them correctly.

These have been great events overall with the transition to virtual events going smooth,it's really just the Fuji race that went very wrong.

Fix the lag issues and make stewards aware of lag issues from certain drivers,because the racing is already fantastic.

Last edited:
gran turismo 7 trailer 2021 Q1 yes or not ?

View attachment 976505

Too soon for gt7 news i think,yes it's more reasonable to expect a new car dlc,i'm not even hoping for a new track anymore.
PD is clearly laser focused on GT7 so apart from the rare one car dlc drop,i don't expect major changes to gt sport,which is fine,the game is good enough to stand on its own.

why don't they enforce it during Sport mode races? It would be nice if people couldn't swerve out of the pits to block you on the straights.

In events either make pit lane penaltys only for pitlane exits or scrap the rule.
EMEA races went super smooth for the lag stuff so i could see the rule working there but for a region with connection problems its a unnecessary punishement for drivers,it's basically the game saying:
"Your internet is 🤬 here ya go mate a 2 second penalty"

Last edited:
So here's the Latkovski pit-entry penalty, at the appropriate timestamp:

It's ridiculous. You can see him steering on the video in the bottom-left corner, and the car is clearly not doing the same thing on the screen. He's clearly steering into the pits completely normally, and lag is simply not displaying his car in the right place - then it suddenly flicks six feet to the right and pointing left, in the normal pit lane angle. No way that's a 2s penalty.

Last edited:
So world tour drivers are getting penalized for lag issues and pit lane infractions? Wild.
We have to assume that the stewards can see what the drivers can see, and that somehow Latkovski's totally normal steering was wrong and the totally abnormal position of his car and its lag jump was actually where the car was...

... but it looks exactly the other way around to me.

I didn’t like group b on RBR choice.
The racing was good. The penalties placed a damper on things especially for Emily. I was pulling for her that last race.
I was wondering if it was fixed just watching along on stream seeing one region getting pens...
I do think tho you don’t want to see World Finals like at Laguna or LeMans with guys calling it a pit stop just full throttle into a wall like so many dailies have been...
Good job by the drivers I didn’t see any arcade moves...

Last edited:
We have to assume that the stewards can see what the drivers can see, and that somehow Latkovski's totally normal steering was wrong and the totally abnormal position of his car and its lag jump was actually where the car was...

... but it looks exactly the other way around to me.

I'm gonna work on seeing if I can grab some onboard footage off the drivers in question

...and then have a good old fashioned moan if it turns out this is what happened.

I do think tho you don’t want to see World Finals like at Laguna or LeMans with guys calling it a pit stop just full throttle into a wall like so many dailies have been...
Good job by the drivers I didn’t see any arcade moves...

Nurburgring gp and Spa are some of the best choices,very forgiving pit entries.
God,could you imagine drivers going full throttle with the x2019 into the brands hatch pit entry?

It sounds so silly but with these lag issues,PD needs to take the pit entries into account when choosing tracks if they wanna keep the pit entry rule.

Last edited:
Love the teamwork between the 2 Japanese drivers in the first race. But whoever is in control of the camera needs to be fired - cutting away from the race winning pass to focus on another battle is just dumb. As usual, the meta RCZ wins the race.

Bathurst is a poor track choice for a sprint race. Hold battle stations, no way to overtake.

Fuji could be potentially great, but the pit line penalties ruined it, as everyone says. I don't know why PD feels the need to bring it now when people have been going full send into the Fuji pits for years (or even cutting the whole chicane at Brands pit entry). Probably they want the broadcast to look more professional, but it ends up making an even bigger mockery of the penalty system/lag issues. Then again, can't blame them when Cody is driving from Europe...

Epic drive by Yamanaka to save his final spot after missing the first race. Dominant drives by Kokubun in the first 2. Clinical win by Miyazono as always in the X2019. Cody is a bit off today, weird why he chooses the VW in the Bathurst race as he's clearly not as comfortable with it as the AMG.

Also, the Hong Kong player who always finishes in last place has a K' score lower than me. I guess he lucked in because Japan hit the region limit for the Extra Stage TT. Clearly outclassed in every quali and race session there.

in my opinion, the easiest way to fix the pit-lane penalty issue is to enforce pit-lane penalties in normal gameplay. Drivers will do what they are used to doing, and if they are used to getting penalties for cutting pit lines, they will stop doing it.

I'm not saying it wasn't a lag issue, If they say it was lag I believe it was lag. I'm just saying that if the game automatically monitored pit-line infractions, we wouldn't need stewards telling us that the people who lagged across the line actually committed a penalty. As far as I know, lag doesn't cause the lagging driver to incur a penalty for crossing a line they didn't cross, even if it appears they did on another screen, so no penalty will be applied and the stewards will be left out of it.

Last edited:
Back