Watch Live: Gran Turismo FIA Online Championships 2020 EMEA Regional Final [Spoilers]

And see "The Fantastic Four" too...

zgt.jpg

I think I prefer to watch online events. Live events were well done but this looks more organized and organic.

Presenters look less rushed. Less audio issues. Post race interviews from the driver's home is much nicer than in front of a crowd.

Look forward to watching the rest of this and more.

Any update on a patch for GT sport for ps5 to use the extra power of it. Also any news on gt7 ???
I doubt they will give any info during the regional finals. Maybe during the world finals. Also with GT7 being not too far away, I doubt they will update GT Sport.

I think I prefer to watch online events. Live events were well done but this looks more organized and organic.

Presenters look less rushed. Less audio issues. Post race interviews from the driver's home is much nicer than in front of a crowd.

Look forward to watching the rest of this and more.
Agreed and definitely not taking anything away from the live events but this one very very nicely done. I’m pleasantly surprised. The commentary, and the racing have been superb. Excellent to see SuperGT in the mix with Tom and Jimmy. Man I wish we could buy some of that Gran Turismo merch!!

Agreed and definitely not taking anything away from the live events but this one very very nicely done. I’m pleasantly surprised. The commentary, and the racing have been superb. Excellent to see SuperGT in the mix with Tom and Jimmy. Man I wish we could buy some of that Gran Turismo merch!!
A GT "Drive fast. Don't crash." shirt? :lol:

I'm surprised people here thought that was a good broadcast. The sound levels were terrible throughout. These races happened weeks ago and there were still the assorted foibles you get with live events in the details - the sound being off, the live standings in race 3 being wrong, not getting replays of moments right away, Tom constantly calling Fire "Christopher" instead of "Christian," it all seemed strangely compressed. Like they had the opportunity to edit together a really polished video but managed to keep all the flaws of a live broadcast anyway.

My hats off to the EMEA drivers for the quality and sportsmanship exhibited in this event.
It’s very watchable since there’s great commentary when the racers exhibit sportsmanship and race with honor.
Great showing by EMEA.

Yeah, the only thing that disturbed me was the sound mix. Cars outsounded everyone.

Edit: There is another thing, different cars. I felt so sorry for the guys driving a hybrid at monza. All races should have been one makes.
Insividual qualifying sessions are a big plus though, makes the point-race more interesting.

Last edited:
-Congrats to lopez,finally saw the outcome of myiazono's strat last year but while it is a great strategy it's very high risk,lopez had a tight window to win.
-Monza with group c was not the best choice,no chickane only added salt to the wound.
-No noticeable lag spike,fantastic too see the smooth replay cams with no mclaren jittering around the track.
-Always nice to see the commentary team and Julia hosting although i did notice the team dynamic was a bit clunky when it came to Supergt,he didn't have much to say for the first two races because those didn't require much strategy,longer races would solve that.

-Audio mixing was the worst part,game was way too loud and supergt mic was too low.

-F in the chat for the audi at monza that was hilarious
-Good event,racers had the same level of respect that we saw in the live events,fantastic final race at spa
-Now i wonder if in the future the regional finals will be done online with only world finals set on location,that would save alot of money for PD :lol:

Last edited:
I'm surprised people here thought that was a good broadcast. The sound levels were terrible throughout. These races happened weeks ago and there were still the assorted foibles you get with live events in the details - the sound being off, the live standings in race 3 being wrong, not getting replays of moments right away, Tom constantly calling Fire "Christopher" instead of "Christian," it all seemed strangely compressed. Like they had the opportunity to edit together a really polished video but managed to keep all the flaws of a live broadcast anyway.

I can guarantee you that they shot the event "live to tape." Basically, for all intents and purposes, it is a live event. Editing or cleaning up anything would be akin to fixing a live broadcast for later re-airing. Not impossible by any means but I can easily see PD/Sony not wanting to spend the money and manpower to do so.

Must be, I doubt anyone would purposely choose the RS01 or RCZ, or a non-Toyota hybrid LMP1 at Monza. Would've been fairer if it was all Group C cars.

I joined the stream a few minutes late and walked away during a few of the commentary moments but I didn't hear an explanation of that at all. But considering that I didn't see more than one of any given car it must have been some sort of random assignment. I imagine that if they didn't the first two races would essentially be one makes, as well.

I joined the stream a few minutes late and walked away during a few of the commentary moments but I didn't hear an explanation of that at all. But considering that I didn't see more than one of any given car it must have been some sort of random assignment. I imagine that if they didn't the first two races would essentially be one makes, as well.
The only other thing I can think of is that they used their latest FIA Manu series GT3, but that would just be a guess.

Back