Watch Live: Gran Turismo FIA Online Championships 2020 EMEA Regional Final [Spoilers]

Might have missed it, but how were the Gr.3 cars decided for the competitors? Random draw?

Must be, I doubt anyone would purposely choose the RS01 or RCZ, or a non-Toyota hybrid LMP1 at Monza. Would've been fairer if it was all Group C cars.

I can guarantee you that they shot the event "live to tape." Basically, for all intents and purposes, it is a live event. Editing or cleaning up anything would be akin to fixing a live broadcast for later re-airing. Not impossible by any means but I can easily see PD/Sony not wanting to spend the money and manpower to do so.

I joined the stream a few minutes late and walked away during a few of the commentary moments but I didn't hear an explanation of that at all. But considering that I didn't see more than one of any given car it must have been some sort of random assignment. I imagine that if they didn't the first two races would essentially be one makes, as well.

So the cars for Race 1 and Race 2 were chosen by the drivers in World Ranking order. Everything Gr3 and Gr1 were available to the drivers as far as I'm aware. Basically the higher ranked you were the more choices of car you had left to chose from. These cars were chosen a week or two before the event.

So the cars for Race 1 and Race 2 were chosen by the drivers in World Ranking order. Everything Gr3 and Gr1 were available to the drivers as far as I'm aware. Basically the higher ranked you were the more choices of car you had left to chose from. These cars were chosen a week or two before the event.

Ah I see. That makes more sense then random draw.

I’m a little surprised that they didn’t announce the time of the Americas regional in any Americas time zones.

They did. https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_4861463.html

Regional Schedule Fall 2020.png

Must be, I doubt anyone would purposely choose the RS01 or RCZ, or a non-Toyota hybrid LMP1 at Monza. Would've been fairer if it was all Group C cars.

The RS01 is actually one of the meta cars for Maggiore Reverse. In daily races leaderboards it's regularly up there along with the NSX and R8 on this track. RCZ is basically a slightly slower R8 so it's decent as well. On the other hand all of the FR cars have always struggled here, the only exception probably the Atenza (which doesn't feature oddly enough given Mazda is an official partner, and we have 2 Toyotas :odd:).

The Monza race, I agree is a complete mess. Probably the most unbalanced group in the game, on probably the second worst track after Lemans to accentuate the differences. Feel so bad for the R18 dropping like a rock after it ran out of hybrid.

Final race, I only watched parts of it due to time, but it seems Coque pulled a Miyazono? :bowdown: Happy for him but once again shows how OP the soft tyres are in this game, combined with the teleporting pitstops. The faster the car is, the more useless Meds/Hards become.

Last edited:
Back