Watch Live: Gran Turismo Toyota GR Supra GT Cup Final [spoiler]

Knowing it's pre-recorded kind of takes the shine off of it for me, but given it's 2020 they've still put on a good production, with some decent pieces of content in between the races. Commentary was as good as ever and the game's spectate/replay cameras are the best in the business.

Jimmy and Tom were on a "virtual stage" which was well-done, while the others appeared to be at an in-person studio. Anyone know what studio that was? It looked rather nice.

Unfortunately I'm going to miss tomorrow's stream as the DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series is on at the same time :D

Last edited:
I have feeling the reason this stream is treated as a "live" one instead of a premiere is likely to avoid spoilers by thumbnails (like what happened to NFS Heat's teaser trailer a while back), though I digress since no-one had spoiled it.

I have feeling the reason this stream is treated as a "live" one instead of a premiere is likely to avoid spoilers by thumbnails (like what happened to NFS Heat's teaser trailer a while back), though I digress since no-one had spoiled it.
I imagine it's more down to the multinational nature of the event, given they had a studio in Japan and (presumably) London. There was a distinct lack of "Zoom cameras" across the broadcast so they've done a good job on the production front.

Being pre-recorded they can also tighten up the show and reduce the dead air between races, which they did well here.

As for spoilers, I'm guessing all the drivers/staff had an embargo; F1 Esports does the same for its pre-recorded segments.

Last edited:
Julia talked about anticipating next-gen when all Kaz talked about was covid affecting this year's championships. I wonder if they had cut out another part of Kaz talking about GT7 during this segment.

Last edited:
I bet jimmy wanted to drive that black '88 supra

The supra train was real.
Fuji races were kinda lame,not much action,the semi final b final lap was good tho.

Spa race was great.
I wish they used interlagos for the supra but i understand that they had to choose a japanese track.

Small super gt at the left of the screen was super smart,no need to take the broadcast off the race to let him talk.

I have feeling the reason this stream is treated as a "live" one instead of a premiere is likely to avoid spoilers by thumbnails.

Maybe they have crunched the data to know that calling it a livestream brings more views than a premiere.

Last edited:
Just a warning to anyone planning on watching the FIA awards ceremony at all

Off-topic but I’m pretty sure the FIA Awards Ceremony (currently live) just spoiled the results of the GT Finals for anyone watching. Pretty disappointing that seems like there was a breakdown in communication somewhere.

I’m fairly sure I’ve had the Manu finals winner revealed to me early and I was looking forward to watching that the most :confused:

Off-topic but I’m pretty sure the FIA Awards Ceremony (currently live) just spoiled the results of the GT Finals for anyone watching. Pretty disappointing that seems like there was a breakdown in communication somewhere.
I think that makes sense, it's an FIA Championship so winners needed to be at the ceremony. Not sure why the broadcast was this weekend then unless it was the earliest they could make.

Good heads up on the warning though.

Julia talked about anticipating next-gen when all Kaz talked about was covid affecting this year's championships. I wonder if they had cut out another part of Kaz talking about GT7 during this segment.
They're likely saving it until after the Nations Cup Grand Final. Either that, or PS boss Jim Ryan made a last-minute order not to show anything until 2021.

Anyway... did anyone notice the cinematic/opening-style camera pans in the last half of the final race? That was a nice touch by PD there.

The supra train was real.
Fuji races were kinda lame,not much action,the semi final b final lap was good tho.

Spa race was great.
I wish they used interlagos for the supra but i understand that they had to choose a japanese track.

Fuji Speedway is owned by Toyota, hence its appearance in the championship. I wish Fuji had a grid start to spice the race up. Semi-Final A was kind of processional.

I’m gutted that my countryman Aleef couldn’t make it into the final, though it was always going to be a long shot against that grid lineup.

That was definitely a slow burner on strategy rather than out-and-out racing.
Was surprised that the car leading by about 0.5 seconds at the beginning of the 1.4km pit straight at Fuji was still leading at the end of it.

Congratulations to Miyazono, a well earned win

Just a warning to anyone planning on watching the FIA awards ceremony at all

I’m fairly sure I’ve had the Manu finals winner revealed to me early and I was looking forward to watching that the most :confused:

Yeah they'll definitely need to fix that for next year presuming the championship is still online.

Last edited:
Back