Watch Live: Gran Turismo World Finals - Nations Cup Final

• Thread starter Famine
  • 83 comments
Having seen a lot of Coque on various YouTube channels racing including his own since GT Sport, I’ve noticed his aggressive (in my opinion) tactic of slowing early on a corner, leaving a space open, then closing it off as soon as someone goes for it, and call it defensive driving, inevitably ending up baiting a competitor into an incident. It’s how he pulls away from the pack

Is it dirty driving? I can’t say it is, seems close to the line of at least being an asshole driver. But it sure as hell leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I’m thinking of adding the out quote to my races “I learnt it from Coco n the final” as an excuse for adopting the same winning tactics in GT7 sport

Last edited:
snc
I would probably give penalty to Inastroza for wiping out Miayzano but it wasnt on purpose, in the end it was great final.
Here good angle for situation.

Thanks for sharing this. After slowing this down and watching over and over, IMHO I think it was the right call don’t you?

Having seen a lot of Coque on various YouTube channels racing including his own since GT Sport, I’ve noticed his aggressive (in my opinion) tactic of slowing early on a corner, leaving a space open, then closing it off as soon as someone goes for it, and call it defensive driving, inevitably ending up baiting a competitor into an incident. It’s how he pulls away from the pack

Is it dirty driving? I can’t say it is, seems close to the line of at least being an asshole driver. But it sure as hell leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I’m thinking of adding the out quote to my races “I learnt it from Coco n the final” as an excuse for adopting the same winning tactics in GT7 sport
Is it dirty? No, not in a legal sense of the word. Is it unsporting? Entirely possible yes.
Absolutely it is valid to take a wide entry and tighten on exit but trying to slam a door closed that you opened when someone is half way through is 100% a jerk move even if it is not against the rules.

I have strange reasons for having favourite players from each region. One example is that I like Beauvois because of his incredible race in the Virtual Olympics. I think Miyazona's face has shown many times just how much fun he has while racing in these high stakes events, so he is my favourite Oceania driver. So it was brutal to see his heart break in real time like that. I still can't see exactly what happened but I do know Miyazona was blameless.
posted by @snc. it sucked seeing Beauvois and Miyazono so competely dejected after their race.

Last edited:
Is it dirty? No, not in a legal sense of the word. Is it unsporting? Entirely possible yes.
Absolutely it is valid to take a wide entry and tighten on exit but trying to slam a door closed that you opened when someone is half way through is 100% a jerk move even if it is not against the rules.
Sounds like Verstappen 😂
Coque had an amazing clean race before the last lap tho,he wasn't bulldozing through the field so it's a bit unfair to just say that's the way he always drives

Maybe all three drivers should get some penalty time but the result is fair.

In the three car incident Miyazono clips Lopez car and slows him down then Inostroza spins Miyzono around at full speed. Lopez is at no fault in first incident the two behind him where too aggressive, then he makes a questionable move but that is only because he lost time in the first incident he would probably still be ahead if not for that hit by Miyazono. Also In a real race Lopez would probably have the least damaged car and go on to win, the two other cars would be too damaged to even continue.

So either give it to the 4th place or let the result stand. Giving it to 4th would not look so good in my opinion and cause lots of confusion in a live broadcast.

In a real life race all three drivers would have finished the race dragging the car to the race line and p4 would have take it. Such a poor end to a spectacular race. And again the penalties 🤦‍♂️

Punt someone, zero penalty, cut pit line, 3 seconds penalty.

Maybe all three drivers should get some penalty time but the result is fair.

In the three car incident Miyazono clips Lopez car and slows him down then Inostroza spins Miyzono around at full speed. Lopez is at no fault in first incident the two behind him where too aggressive, then he makes a questionable move but that is only because he lost time in the first incident he would probably still be ahead if not for that hit by Miyazono. Also In a real race Lopez would probably have the least damaged car and go on to win, the two other cars would be too damaged to even continue.

So either give it to the 4th place or let the result stand. Giving it to 4th would not look so good in my opinion and cause lots of confusion in a live broadcast.
The easy solution here is to avoid racing the X2019 in a tight track with barely any runoffs.
At least not the reverse layout which seems even tighter than the normal layout.

Last edited:
Why are they still using the Thrustmaster T-GT wheel? Shouldn't they have upgraded to Fanatec's GT DD Pro? Or are they so out of stock that they cannot even supply its official sponsor?

Why are they still using the Thrustmaster T-GT wheel? Shouldn't they have upgraded to Fanatec's GT DD Pro? Or are they so out of stock that they cannot even supply its official sponsor?
probably that out of stock, I can't find one anywhere

The easy solution here is to avoid racing the X2019 in a tight track with barely any runoffs.
At least not the reverse layout which seems even tighter than the normal layout.
The first comment I’ve seen about the choice of car and track which was in the back of my mind and a completely valid point. Well said.

Sounds like Verstappen 😂
Coque had an amazing clean race before the last lap tho,he wasn't bulldozing through the field so it's a bit unfair to just say that's the way he always drives
Whilst there seems to be some questionable distaste for Coque which I feel is unjust, if there’s any questionable driving etiquette, sportsmanship then surely Adriano Carrazza is up there at the front of the queue for his passing performances this GTWS?

Last edited by a moderator:
The first comment I’ve seen about the choice of car and track which was in the back of my mind and a completely valid point. Well said.

Whilst there seems to be some questionable distaste for Coque which I feel is unjust, if there’s any questionable driving etiquette, sportsmanship then surely Adriano Carrazza is up there at the front of the queue for his passing performances this GTWS?
Not to be a broken record but Carraza reminds me aloalof early Verstappen.
Carraza is very eager and he can be very fast but dude loves his divebombs,altough i think he actually god better this year.

Not to be a broken record but Carraza reminds me aloalof early Verstappen.
Carraza is very eager and he can be very fast but dude loves his divebombs,altough i think he actually god better this year.
You’re not and indeed he he does. He may of got better as you say but don’t you think that still, his passes raised more eyebrows than Coque’s on the final corner or two?

Another question I have is do you think that Angel Inostraza’s out cry in the extra lap press conference justified, or simply a release of undeniable emotion at the time?

You’re not and indeed he he does. He may of got better as you say but don’t you think that still, his passes raised more eyebrows than Coque’s on the final corner or two?

Another question I have is do you think that Angel Inostraza’s out cry in the extra lap press conference justified, or simply a release of undeniable emotion at the time?
The latter,it's such a mentally draining event,that you can end up saying the wrong stuff or things you would hold back to tell when the cameras are off,you see it all the time in F1 then a week later drivers are friendly again.
I was just watching it and at the moment i had harsher words for the stewards but later i understood it was a hard call and any choice they made would've brought drama.

Last edited:
Back